Magic or Royal Caribbean Mariner?

phantomII

I am in a quandry. We are looking at a cruise for the end of November out of Galveston. It is either the Mariner or the Magic. They both have the same itinerary except for the port in Jamaica. They are about the same price but I can get a better deal by about 100.00 with Royal. I know the Magic is newer but we did like RCI when we did one cruise with them on the Voyager out of Galveston. Any ideas??

I vote Mariner. I've been on Voyager and went on Magic this past summer. If they are near the same price I think you will get more bang for your buck with Mariner. Magic was ok, nothing too big to talk about, in my opinion. I think that Mariner will have a larger variety of activities and more of a wow factor, despite the fact that Magic is new. Hope that helps :)

While we enjoyed our Mariner cruise this summer and would recommend this ship, it is far from new and there are areas

that could be spruced up.

For the Carnival haters who always mention how classy RCI is and how overly glitzy Carnival is,

based on this ship, I don't get it. Mariner is pretty glitzy and slighty dated.

Staff and food were good. I am sure you'd have fun on either.

Haven't been on Magic, but we really liked the Mariner. Ship is beautifully, crew was awesome, all in all a great cruise. Our only downside with Mariner was, we thought the food was subpar. We didn't like MDR food at all and ended up dining in the windjammer (so-so food) after the second night. If it was me, i'd choose Magic, because it's newer, we've never cruised on that class before (Dream) , and we're platinum. Hope that helps.;)

We haven't been on Mariner but have been on the sister ship Adventure of the Seas. And we have been on Magic. Overall you cannot go wrong with either of these however if I had to choose just one, I would go with Mariner. The Promenade will win me over every time......and you say it is cheaper which is a bonus.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

I've been on the Mariner and been on Magic's sister, Dream. Like the majority of people here, I recommend Mariner. It's more spacious, has much larger pools and open decks and in my opinion is much nicer. And Mariner being less expensive - no brainer. Mariner.

Figure we will do both and the Triumph since Galveston is an easy port but first one to cruise on will be on the Magic in November - price was cheaper for the balcony on the Magic when we booked (prices have been going up on both ships) and we really like the idea of the water slides and the rope course. Been on the Voyager and liked it and intend to try the Mariner but want to try the Magic first as I think it will have a lot more fun stuff... :D

Figure we will do both and the Triumph since Galveston is an easy port but first one to cruise on will be on the Magic in November - price was cheaper for the balcony on the Magic when we booked (prices have been going up on both ships) and we really like the idea of the water slides and the rope course. Been on the Voyager and liked it and intend to try the Mariner but want to try the Magic first as I think it will have a lot more fun stuff... :D

As you can see I have Triumph this Nov I squeezed in between two Oasis cruises.

Mariner in January, has to be during the winter, since thats the only time its out of Galveston, then Magic Sept 2012.

Im doing them all too. I let price be my guide to which to book when.

Archived