Please calm an RCI virgin's fears

mrspeck

Ok, only cruised four times...all on HAL and NCL in top tier suites. I needed a suite that would hold a large group, so I've booked the Presidential Family Suite on the Liberty. I've heard that suite service is lacking on RCI...does anyone disagree? Also, the veranda has a dining area for a large group...is RCI, and the Liberty staff specifically, good about serving meals in suite? Do they do course by course service or just drop off room service food? Any good news would be appreciated...I'm nervous that I'll be disappointed. Having said that...I've never had a bad cruise...and don't plan to.

I have always found suite service on RCI to be the best on the ship. That being said, I have found good service even in an inside room.

Don't know who would say such a silly thing, they they are wrong. With 34 cruises on RCL, I think I must find something to keep me coming back.

Go have a great time.

I have only sailed Royal Caribbean so I lack reference relating to service for high end suites on other lines. I have read that on many other lines there is expanded services (butler primarily) but since I have only sailed RCI, for the most part it works for me.

When dining in your suite, it comes all at once. They will set it up, but not served course by course. I have found it doesn't work so well for dinner. Other meals works fine, but for dinner not really.

No butler but access to a concierge that will help when needed. Can't say if you'll be disappointed but I have found setting my expectations works wonders. You're right, you won't have a bad cruise for sure.

Having stayed on the Gem in Courtyard Villa, the RCCL experience is different. The cabin attendant is not a butler, and concierge is not like on other cruise lines.

Having dinner in your suite means, they will deliver, you serve and clean up.Rccl has beefed up the suite experiences with special tours but it is not as lavish as other cruise lines.

ME..ME..ME.. AM I going to be SERVED well enough ? Man do you and I have a different view about what cruising is all about.. I enjoy the meeting of other cruisers and the MDR , Windjammer , and the small club atmosphere of the cruise experience..not sitting in a suite worrying if I may be SERVED well enough :rolleyes:

I'm not looking for someone to wait on me hand and foot...however, my career is in service and I bend over backwards day and night, available 24hrs a day, with 2 days away every three weeks and a cruise once, maybe twice a year. So sorry for wanting someone to take care of me for a few days.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but while I like the suite experience on RCI, I don´t see - aside from a few extra perks - much difference in the service area between staying in a suite or any other cabin on RCI.

Don´t expect any very special services coming with your suite. The only room service difference for suites is you can order from the full MDR menu during mealtimes. Other than that it´s room service like for any other room. They won´t serve course by course.

ME..ME..ME.. AM I going to be SERVED well enough ? Man do you and I have a different view about what cruising is all about.. I enjoy the meeting of other cruisers and the MDR , Windjammer , and the small club atmosphere of the cruise experience..not sitting in a suite worrying if I may be SERVED well enough :rolleyes:

This is rude & unnecessary. The OP is merely trying to find out if the suite experience on Royal compares to what some other lines do.

WOW seriously? Everyone enjoys their cruise in many different ways, it's not your business to judge how OP chooses to enjoy theirs. It is a legitimate question and was NOT asking "dadatsea" views on how they spend their time:rolleyes:.

Bad day or maybe just very jealous ????

Ok, only cruised four times...all on HAL and NCL in top tier suites. I needed a suite that would hold a large group, so I've booked the Presidential Family Suite on the Liberty. I've heard that suite service is lacking on RCI...does anyone disagree? Also, the veranda has a dining area for a large group...is RCI, and the Liberty staff specifically, good about serving meals in suite? Do they do course by course service or just drop off room service food? Any good news would be appreciated...I'm nervous that I'll be disappointed. Having said that...I've never had a bad cruise...and don't plan to.

Don't listen to 99% of that stuff, especially about bad service. If service was so bad on a MASS cruislines like RCL, CCL, etc, each ship would be sailing practically empty. There are plenty of reviews about the Liberty. You will see there is more positive ones than negative ones.

No matter what cruise line or ship you choose, people will always tell you stories about bad service because it's in their best interest. And when more people start believing in such gibberish, these false facts will become reality to many others.

That is very rude! They are just asking a question to know what to expect. Why are you so RUDE?

I cannot speak to the service in the PS. However, I do believe that if you'd like for someone to serve you course by course you can ask for that to happen and then just tip the people doing it generously.

Last year we celebrated our anniversary on board and had our dinner on our balcony with 6 other friends. All was set up for us and dinner served course by course and wine poured for us etc. We just had to tip the servers. No problem for such an unforgettable experience!!

Go for it and let them wait on you - it's your vacation!!!!!!!!:D

Welcomew to RCCL and I do hope you enjoy!!!!

RCI's service is one of the best things, IMO! However, room service is not a "course by course" thing...unless perhaps, you arrange for a "catered" affair....where you pay for course by course service....I'm sure they would do that, for a fee. But, just using regular room service won't get you that level of service.

RCI's ships are some of the nicest, and easiest to navigate. And by being in a suite, the occupant's do get some special "perks". Those perks won't extend to others in your party, unless they are in a GS or above, tho.

While you won't get the personal attention that you might on a luxury line, you'll still have a great time!

I don't think you will get the "true" answer to this question unless someone who has stayed in the Pres. St. responds. If I were you I'd be in touch with the Concierge before I cruised. I'm sure someone here has the email for the Concierge on this ship. GL and enjoy

Thanks for all the feedback...I do feel much better about the decision. I will definitely let everyone know my thoughts after all is done. Did mean to cause any issues on the RCI board...sorry.

Dear mrspeck..I was out of line.. you had a valid question and it just pushed my button and you should never have been answered as I did. I am sorry for my answer and hope if I offended you please accept my heartfelt apology. Sincerely dadatsea:o

Totally uncalled for. OP asked a very good question in regards to the cabin they booked on the cruise. Everyone has their own style of cruising, and that is what makes cruising such a wonderful vacation.

mrspeck, enjoy your first Royal Caribbean Cruise, we do not get to cruise as often as we like but have found for us personally the service on their ships to be excellant. With so many ships among each cruise line, you will have differant staff, so we never judge the intire fleet for perhaps bad service from one. Have a great cruise.

We were lucky enough to get an awesome deal on that suite on Liberty's last TA crossing. The meals are not served course-by-course, unless maybe you arrange that. We thought our CA was good - folks down the hall didn't think that. The 4 ladies who shared the cabin enjoyed staying out late or laying on the balcony so we were very low maintenance - to the point that room service commented on that:D

You will get, if I remember correctly, 4 bottles of very nice champagne and fruit etc. Also the concierge will go out of his way to be helpful.

The deck is the most amazing feature - enjoy - and definately use the hot tub!!

Archived