Loving Oasis!

I am absolutely loving this ship! If anyone has any specific questions I will get any answers I can before I get off on Saturday... I have no kids in tow and its my boyfriends first cruise... We are in a JS on deck 14, 2nd seating for dinner... due to TS Irene, the Captain did reverse the order of ports and we are doing Cozumel, day at sea, Jamaica then Labadee then day at sea.... We havent had one issue yet... oh yeah... our $100 worth of booze we got in FT Lauderdale is wonderfully cold in our room fridge... :)

I am absolutely loving this ship! If anyone has any specific questions I will get any answers I can before I get off on Saturday... I have no kids in tow and its my boyfriends first cruise... We are in a JS on deck 14, 2nd seating for dinner... due to TS Irene, the Captain did reverse the order of ports and we are doing Cozumel, day at sea, Jamaica then Labadee then day at sea.... We havent had one issue yet... oh yeah... our $100 worth of booze we got in FT Lauderdale is wonderfully cold in our room fridge... :)

Your boyfriend will now be hooked and in a JS on a first cruise. Enjoy!!!

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! We'll be on her in 20 days and we're really getting excited. Can I ask a favour? If you happen to come across a reserve wine list, could you please take a photo for me? My husband loves his wine and especially enjoys it when we're cruising but I haven't been able to find any info on wines that are offered above & beyond the wine package/standard wine list (basically, I'm talkin' the wines that are $90 a bottle and up....yep, the hubby's a bit of a wine snob, lol) It would be much appreciated! In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I'm going on next week, so hopefully there will be no storm when we leave :). Anyway, I just have one question for you, if you don't mind answering. How long does it take to get from the MDR to the Aquatheater? I was just wondering because we have 8:00 dinner and then a 10:30 show. Thanks so much and have a wonderful time aboard her! :D

How long does it take to get from the MDR to the Aquatheater? :D

This depends on #1 how fast you walk #2 how many people you encounter on the way and #3 what floor your dining table is located on and whether you take the elevator or stairs.

If you are dining on deck 5, all you have to do is walk thru the Royal Promenade and go up 1 deck to deck 6 and walk out onto Boardwalk to the AquaTheater. If you are able to walk the distance and take stairs then you should be able to walk there within 5 minutes dodging the crowds on the way!

If you are dining on deck 3, it will take longer as you will have to go up several floors of stairs or wait for an elevator.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! We'll be on her in 20 days and we're really getting excited. Can I ask a favour? If you happen to come across a reserve wine list, could you please take a photo for me? My husband loves his wine and especially enjoys it when we're cruising but I haven't been able to find any info on wines that are offered above & beyond the wine package/standard wine list (basically, I'm talkin' the wines that are $90 a bottle and up....yep, the hubby's a bit of a wine snob, lol) It would be much appreciated! In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your cruise!

He will enjoy the wine bar onboard! Excellent choices. :)

We'll be on Oasis in October. So far what have liked the best and what has been the biggest surprise-good or bad. One more question...what is the one thing you know now even after a few days that you wish you had known ahead of time?

I'm a big planner but I get the feeling there is just so much to do on the ship that I will have to go with the flow-although I have reserved MTD and the shows

Have fun and thanks

1) yes, he said he is hooked and loves cruising!!

2) the same recommendation as on these boards, we were onboard in 15 minutes and our luggage was waiting for us!!

3) I will head to the wine bar and grab a pic for you

4) so far only saw the show in the aqua theater...we both loved it...bf isn't into shows so we won't be seeing anything other than that and the comedy. Eating at Chops tomorrow as we got a free dinner when we booked.

5) not going to 150, sorry

6) we were done with dinner on deck 4 at 10:05 last night, went to our roomfor a smoke and were back down to the aqua theater by 10:25

7) I have loved everything! Staff is fantastic...my biggest surprise is that you really don't feel that there are 6k people onboard...just the elevators get busy after shows and dinner. Everywhere else isn't that bad!!

Wish us luck! Bf is in the finals of the win a cruise Texas hold Em! Friday night!

He will enjoy the wine bar onboard! Excellent choices. :)

Are you referring to Vintages? I've seen a food menu for them but haven't found a wine list yet....I have some research to do tonight! Thanks!

If you are dining on deck 5, all you have to do is walk thru the Royal Promenade and go up 1 deck to deck 6 and walk out onto Boardwalk to the AquaTheater. If you are able to walk the distance and take stairs then you should be able to walk there within 5 minutes dodging the crowds on the way!

Confused..Both venues MDR and Aqua Theater are in the aft. Why would you walk through the Promenade? Would you not just walk up a flight of stairs?

Archived