Did the Silhouette Aug. 10th trip stop in Haifa and Ashdod?

sharonbear

I am on the September 3rd Silhouette trip out of Rome to Haifa an Ashdod, Israel. I was wondering if the Silhouette was able to stop in these 2 ports on it's last cruise that left on August 10th and would have returned by now?

Yes we did our 2 days in Ashdod and 1 in Haifa no problem

Welcome back.

Do you know if Celebrity provided a shuttle in Ashdod?

There was a free shuttle to the port gates or a paid for bus into town ($15 I think).

The bus into town was not a shuttle though, it took you into town in the morning and brought you back in the afternoon.

Recently read on Cruise Critic that there was a bus that took you to a shopping mall which was across the street from the train station. True?

We did not take the bus into town so I don't know but I recall that there was a choice of two different places you could be dropped off.

WE toured with a guide who picked us up at the port Recommend going that route Less hastle!

2 days from Ashdod -Dead sea Massada

Jerusalem Northern Galilee Zefat from Haifa GREAT lunch in Tiberias Wow great food enormous portions Our guide brought wine BEST meal ever St Peters fish VERY nice people all for 22$ very nice

Michele

Does anybody have any news if, given the very recent unrest in Israel, Celebrity is intenting to cancell the Israel port of calls?

I am also booked on the 3rd Sep cruise and want to organise my Israel excursions myself but I want to avoid to book all this and in the end we will not go there at all.

If anybody can recommend a local tour guide in Israel that could organise private excursions in Ashdod and Haifa this would be highly appreciated.

Best

Jhosy

WE took guided tour Israel Michal was our guide She was Fun WE loved where we went

Bon Voyage

For those scared of recent events in Israel WE werre near the WESTERN WALL when there were 2 bomb scare I sat right in front watching the Israeli autorities take charge AMAZINg Fast and efficient Now I am 99% chicken watching them in action I was not scared .They knew what to do Evacuated us very quickly and took care of potential problem . The first "bomb " was a hoax ...never heard about the other SO MORAL DO NOT WORRY IN ISRAEL GREAT PLACE!!!!

Does anybody have any news if, given the very recent unrest in Israel, Celebrity is intenting to cancell the Israel port of calls?

I am also booked on the 3rd Sep cruise and want to organise my Israel excursions myself but I want to avoid to book all this and in the end we will not go there at all.

If anybody can recommend a local tour guide in Israel that could organise private excursions in Ashdod and Haifa this would be highly appreciated.

Best

Jhosy

Jhosy,

Here is a link for our RollCall:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1191505

There are a lot of private tours being organized. Unfortunately, it's so close to the date of sailing that most of the groups can be "closed". Please email me at tatiana_w0527@hotmail.com and I will give you more info.

Someone from Israel has just posted on the Ports of Call boards that Silhouette, which was supposed to move from Haifa to Ashdod tomorrow, will be staying in Haifa instead of visiting Ashdod.

Apparently it was only just announced, as the day before the port was still saying that the ship was going to Ashdod.

Someone from Israel has just posted on the Ports of Call boards that Silhouette, which was supposed to move from Haifa to Ashdod tomorrow, will be staying in Haifa instead of visiting Ashdod.

Apparently it was only just announced, as the day before the port was still saying that the ship was going to Ashdod.

Wow, that's interesting... We were on the Aug 10 voyage as well, and the day after we left Israel Hamas ended the ceasefire and that Sinai militant attack took place, with rockets apparently being fired into Ashdod... We wondered if Celebrity would keep the calls to Israel... That might rule out trips to the Dead Sea, which would be a shame to miss.

What a shame. I hope those who booked the cruise for the Israel ports realize they can get to Jerusalem within an hour and 1/2 from Haifa despite the radicals attempt to disrupt tourism.:(

Best

Jhosy

We go often for weeks @ a time and use Joel Berman. He has a nice Mercedes van, is licensed and knows it all. Look for his website and book early. On a cruise schedule a private guide is the only way to go. Cut all lines, go where you want, no need to wait for 40 others to get on and off the bus. Make sure he takes you to Marzipan bakery in Machane Yehuda market in Jerusalem.

I got an email this morning from someone on Silhouette. He said that they cancelled Ashdod but are spending four days in Haifa. Just to remind everyone, Israel is a small country. You can still visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem and Masada and the Dead Sea from Haifa, but the drive to/from will be longer. Not that it matters as much, because the ship is overnighting.

We had joked that it had taken us 10 yrs to get to Israel as the other couple of times we had booked to go there some sort of trouble had cancelled all arrangements. Having just got back from the 10th Aug sailing we're now thinking how lucky we have been. I do hope that things settle down as I can imagine how disappointed people will be if they can't go. It was bad enough when Egypt was cancelled - imagine not going to either destination !

Archived