Earthquake

Cruise-A-Hoy

Just sitting here reading the board when my chair started to vibrate.

Apparently according to the news we had a earthquake in Virginia felt all the way to New York.

I am located in Warminster, Bucks County, PA. which is right outside of piladelphia

This is shocking to us as we rarely get anything like that

I'm currently at my home in Morristown, New Jersey--about thirty miles west of Manhattan--and it sure was rockin and rollin here too! Really unusual and, by far, the most significant event that I've ever experienced here...

Hi Cruise a hoy!

I work 20 miles south of PHiladelphia. 5.8 earthquake.....I googled and apparently Colorado had a rare 5.3 yesterday...:(

-:) Do you think it was caused by too many cruise ships sailing from the northeast (:-

From what I am reading they now say it is closer to 5.9 - 6.0

The crust of the earth in the west is different then the east. As a result an earthquake in California will be felt a 100 or 150 miles away. But on the esat coast the crust is different and can usually be felt as far as 500 to 800 away.

JFK airport closed, building in downtown Philadelphia evacuated.

Just sitting here reading the board when my chair started to vibrate.

This is shocking to us as we rarely get anything like that

We live 50 miles east of Detroit, 50 miles north of Cleveland in an area known for nothing happening...

and at 1:55 my chair rocked as well.

People on the west coast must be smirking at scenes of buildings along the east coast having an evacuation for such a minor event.

Interesting news day. With Irene, a 5.9 earthquake, Libya, the 10th anniversary of 9-11 coming shortly, does anyone want to complain about an undercooked steak? I pray that the damage is minimal for those near the epicenter and there is no loss of life.

Richmond, VA and our building shook pretty strongly for about 30 seconds. No issues other than many people in a panic. We had a few go home due to broken water lines to their houses.

I'm just a bit farther from the epicenter than you - up near DC. Effect and response are pretty much the same as you however. My son is at Charlottesville so a whole lot closer - maybe 20 miles - so I'll be interested to see what he has to say about it.

We live 50 miles east of Detroit, 50 miles north of Cleveland in an area known for nothing happening...

and at 1:55 my chair rocked as well.

People on the west coast must be smirking at scenes of buildings along the east coast having an evacuation for such a minor event.

Arno, I'm not exactly smirking, but I must admit a 5.9 is not considered "The Big One" for we No. Californians. It does rattle your nerves, but you just roll with it. (groan)

Karyn

Interesting news day. With Irene, a 5.9 earthquake, Libya, the 10th anniversary of 9-11 coming shortly, does anyone want to complain about an undercooked steak? I pray that the damage is minimal for those near the epicenter and there is no loss of life.

Or overcooked steak!

The PhL airport was closed short period while it was inspected and reopened as safe,

Damage is minimal. Biggest problem is some getting shook up (no pun intended) Some area have broken windown, but so far no one was hurt

Archived