Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

We just did a lot of research about gluten and the various drinks Celebrity serves including the various drinks of the day and Molecular Bar. If you private message me I can share. We just looked at some of the recent photos of the menus and then researched the brand online.

I'm not sure how to send a private message on CC, but I would be interested in your research. my email is dkautz68 at sbcglobal dot net - minus the spaces and put in the symbols.

On Celebrity, I do believe that they do add on the 15% gratuity to the cost of the drink package. <Sigh> Still trying to figure out how to get the free drink package - but I think I will buy it - my rationale is that it will make it like an "all inclusive" cruise, and I will enjoy it more if I don't have to worry about paying for every single water, coffee, beer, etc.

If you want the free classic drinks package, all you need to do is contact your travel agent or Celebrity if you booked it directly and have it added to your profile. There may be an increase with your rate and maybe there won't, but I'm sure that the increase will not add up to the additional cost of having to buy the package yourself. If you wish to upgrade from the classic to the premium, you will pay an additional 10.00 per day, plus 1.50 gratuity. We thoroughly enjoyed it on our Summit cruise in October and looking forward to using it on our first S Class cruise on the Silhouette in March.

I'm not sure how to send a private message on CC, but I would be interested in your research. my email is dkautz68 at sbcglobal dot net - minus the spaces and put in the symbols.

Hi Diana - I didn't forget you but I need to scan what he did before I can send it to you.

Hi Diana - I didn't forget you but I need to scan what he did before I can send it to you.

No problem. We don't leave for our cruise for another three and a half weeks. :) I am not gluten free yet, but I suspect that I have a problem with it. For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to limit my intake, and I do feel better when I stay away from wheat. I still need to learn much more, and I haven't been to the doctor lately, so haven't discussed it with them yet. If it's difficult to get the information to me, I don't want you to have to do a lot of work for me. I just thought that if you were sending an email to screwsmcernst, that I would love to have a copy too.

We got the premium drink package in 2011. We calculated how many dollars of drinks we needed to have each day to make the package worth while. We are also not big drinkers. We drank frappes at the bistro, fancy bottled water, and great drinks at the molecular bar every night. We felt extra spoiled!

In the end it was just too much to try and keep up. The first night we were more than relaxed. Every day after that it just seemed impossible to drink enough to make sure we got our money's worth. We decided after this that it would be better for us to just buy drinks as we go.

I wish they had a smaller premium drink package, but I just need to tell myself to just have the cost of the package prepaid on to my cc and relax knowing that I will drink a lot less. :)

No problem. We don't leave for our cruise for another three and a half weeks. :) I am not gluten free yet, but I suspect that I have a problem with it. For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to limit my intake, and I do feel better when I stay away from wheat. I still need to learn much more, and I haven't been to the doctor lately, so haven't discussed it with them yet. If it's difficult to get the information to me, I don't want you to have to do a lot of work for me. I just thought that if you were sending an email to screwsmcernst, that I would love to have a copy too.

I, too, have found that I am gluten sensitive. Info about it is growing. Many people have the blood test that shows negative for Celiac disease but still don't tolerate gluten well. I have been very successful by limiting my daily intake - maybe just a small portion of pasta or a bun. Unfortunately whole grain is the worst offender.

Sorry to hijack, just wanted to sympathize and let you know there are others like you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

You can buy the the upgrade with 4 or more days left in your cruise...so if you're on a 7 day cruise, you can stick with the classic for the first 3 days and then upgrade for the last 4, so the upgrade will only cost you 46 bucks. You'll also be able to splurge on the martinis at the Martini Bar and if you're on an S class ship, the drinks at the Molecular Bar, which are all covered under the premium 13.00 limit.

Good information about upgrading during the cruise. We always take the drink package for my husband, but never for me. It's always been the Classic and not the premium. Tried the drinks at the Molecular Bar and wasn't overly impressed. He was able to get the entire Martini menu under the classic package, just a 5 oz drink instead of the larger one. Do you know if that is still an option? We haven't been on Celebrity in about 18 months. Didn't know if that had changed. The Classic drink package is part of the cruise price this time, but want to make sure we can get Martini's.

Answers appreciated.

He was able to get the entire Martini menu under the classic package, just a 5 oz drink instead of the larger one. Do you know if that is still an option? We haven't been on Celebrity in about 18 months. Didn't know if that had changed. The Classic drink package is part of the cruise price this time, but want to make sure we can get Martini's.

Answers appreciated.

On our October cruise on the Summit, they were very stringent about only serving four varieties under the classic, either the basic gin or vodka martini as well as a cosmo or an appletini. And they were all the smaller 5 oz version. I have not read any reports of things changing back to how it was about 18 months ago. I have been following most of the threads in anticipation of enjoying the package last October and again in March when we will be on our first S Class ship on the Silhouette. It seems like the crackdown about serving 5 oz versions of the fancier martinis has coincided with the introduction of the 1-2-3 Go promotion last year and with so many more people partaking with the drink package, they are following the rules to a T. It makes sense because why would someone upgrade to the premium package it they wanted the fancier martini's when all they needed to do was order more 5 oz versions and stick with the classic.

You'll be able to get martini's on your upcoming cruise, but if you want anything more than the basic, you'll have to pony up the extra 11.50 per day and upgrade to the premium. This way you'll also get better wine, better beer and San Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull as well.

On our October cruise on the Summit, they were very stringent about only serving four varieties under the classic, either the basic gin or vodka martini as well as a cosmo or an appletini. And they were all the smaller 5 oz version. I have not read any reports of things changing back to how it was about 18 months ago. I have been following most of the threads in anticipation of enjoying the package last October and again in March when we will be on our first S Class ship on the Silhouette. It seems like the crackdown about serving 5 oz versions of the fancier martinis has coincided with the introduction of the 1-2-3 Go promotion last year and with so many more people partaking with the drink package, they are following the rules to a T. It makes sense because why would someone upgrade to the premium package it they wanted the fancier martini's when all they needed to do was order more 5 oz versions and stick with the classic.

You'll be able to get martini's on your upcoming cruise, but if you want anything more than the basic, you'll have to pony up the extra 11.50 per day and upgrade to the premium. This way you'll also get better wine, better beer and San Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull as well.

Was sugar free red bull available?

Also don't forget, martini's covered under the classic package will not be made with top shelf vodka nor top shelf gin.

Also don't forget, martini's covered under the classic package will not be made with top shelf vodka nor top shelf gin.

And--if your ship has the Michael's craft beer experience, almost all the the "good beers" are over $5. ;)

I'm excited for a drink package. I just love to prepay and not be stressed by how much each individual drink is going to cost on the cruise.

Me too! My classic package was free--how/what can I complain about?! I shall bring a stack of $1 bills and keep them coming! :cool: I'm just a cheap beer girl but will LIVE IT UP trying some frozen drinks, a cider or two, and whatever fancy concoction falls into my plan. I don't drink fancy at home, so to just have the classic package thrown in is like HEAVEN!! Cant wait! No complaints here--I read the fine print AND I understand it AND I CAN'T WAIT!!

Me too! My classic package was free--how/what can I complain about?! I shall bring a stack of $1 bills and keep them coming! :cool: I'm just a cheap beer girl but will LIVE IT UP trying some frozen drinks, a cider or two, and whatever fancy concoction falls into my plan. I don't drink fancy at home, so to just have the classic package thrown in is like HEAVEN!! Cant wait! No complaints here--I read the fine print AND I understand it AND I CAN'T WAIT!!
Remember.....since you're on the Reflection, it's an S Class ship that has a Molecular Bar. If you're going to drink at the Molecular Bar or have any of the non basic large drinks at the Martini Bar, then you'll have to upgrade to the Premium level. With the classic, your maximum levels are 5 for beers and 8 for mixed drinks and wine, with the Premium, all 3 levels increase to 12, so you'll be able to consume better beers and ciders, such as Magners. You'll also get San Pelligrino and Evian water as well as vitamin water and Red Bull. All for the price of 11.50 per day. You also have the option to wait until the last 4 days in your cruise to upgrade, so you could try the classic for 3 days and then splurge for the last 4. Either way, enjoy!

Hi Diana - I just you some scans. I hope they help. Also, check out the cards on celiactravel.com. I carry them in every language on the ship because you never know where your server might be from! Have fun on your cruise!

Hi Diana - I just you some scans. I hope they help. Also, check out the cards on celiactravel.com. I carry them in every language on the ship because you never know where your server might be from! Have fun on your cruise!

Thank you for sharing all of your hard work. I will check out the celiactravel website.

We leave Jan. 30th, and sail on the Infinity out of Buenos Aires rt to Antarctica on Feb. 2nd for 14 days with only 4 ports. We have the classic package for free, but with so many sea days, I may get bored with it and upgrade to the premium.

And now I know why the drink package didn't work for me.

Looking at the OP and starting from getting ready for dinner I counted 9 drinks! For me if would only be 4 drinks. I'm a light weight, I know.

We had the premium package on our cruise and calculated how much we needed to drink everyday, also considering making up for it on port days, AND getting pricey bottle drinking water. I was tipsy the first sea day, and I admit my tummy just doesn't have the capacity...on the inside. ;)

But I did learn that I can just have the cash put aside and for us we would spend way less than the cost of the premium package. Maybe getting the package gave me the feeling of not worrying about how much it would cost me for drinks during our vacation. But now I know I can budget $60 a day and I will never reach it.

We just did a lot of research about gluten and the various drinks Celebrity serves including the various drinks of the day and Molecular Bar. If you private message me I can share. We just looked at some of the recent photos of the menus and then researched the brand online.

Hi Linda and Jeff, I too would like to see the menu for the various drinks. We will have the classic pkg. included in our April cruise from Hawaii :D and was told by a Celebrity agent today that to upgrade to Premium would be $12/day which is okay by me. He said there are about 10 different wines by the glass offered in the dining room for the classic pkg. and 5 select wines in the bars, so I'm curious what you could get for under $8 per glass. My sister likes mai tais and is wondering if they are included but I have my doubts. Are you able to post the menu for the drinks on this board? If not please email me at rjhmr at shaw dot ca. Muchas gracias:)

Marion

Hi Linda and Jeff, I too would like to see the menu for the various drinks. We will have the classic pkg. included in our April cruise from Hawaii :D and was told by a Celebrity agent today that to upgrade to Premium would be $12/day which is okay by me. He said there are about 10 different wines by the glass offered in the dining room for the classic pkg. and 5 select wines in the bars, so I'm curious what you could get for under $8 per glass. My sister likes mai tais and is wondering if they are included but I have my doubts. Are you able to post the menu for the drinks on this board? If not please email me at rjhmr at shaw dot ca. Muchas gracias:)

Marion

Here is a link to the 2012 wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32319628&postcount=2

With regards to Mai Tais.....I believe that if they are made with bar branded liquor, they can be made for the classic, but if you want better stuff like Pyrat XO, then you'll need the premium.

Here is a link to the 2012 wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32319628&postcount=2

With regards to Mai Tais.....I believe that if they are made with bar branded liquor, they can be made for the classic, but if you want better stuff like Pyrat XO, then you'll need the premium.

Thank you for the wine lists!! This will help me decide whether to stick to classic or premium.