Noise on Front Street in Hamilton, Bermuda

Langoustine

I beg to differ. It was LOUD one night. I complained at the front desk and it was better the next night but I doubt if it was from my complaint. It was still great to have the view of the street in the daytime, though. I am ready to go back any time...;)

Can't answer your question about the noise from Front Street at night as the last 2 trips we stayed in a port side Lanai. However I can tell you that it is pronouncedly warmer on the starboard side of the Veendam when it is docked in Hamilton than on the port side.

I can also tell you that the port side looks out over Hamilton Harbor and that in the afternoon there is always some kind of sail boat activity going on in the harbor which truly adds to the experience. As the day grows longer the colors on the bay look spectacular.

One thing I can tell you from walking the promenade is that the street traffic noise starts about 7 o'clock in the morning so if you're looking for total peace and quiet as you awake you're not going to get it on the starboard side.

Whatever you decide enjoy your cruise.

I beg to differ. It was LOUD one night. I complained at the front desk and it was better the next night but I doubt if it was from my complaint. It was still great to have the view of the street in the daytime, though. I am ready to go back any time...;)

Just want to make sure I understand..............It was loud outside on Front street one night so you complained about that to the ship's Front Office? Thanks for 'splainin!

My brother and his wife and my parents were in 2 verandah cabins on the side of Hamilton and they had difficulty sleeping before 3 o'clock in the morning!!! It you are at the aft of the ship, the noise is worse because you are lined up with this outdoor discotheque. It is a real problem and my sister-in-law was the one that had the most problems with it since she only had 1 week's vacation and counted on it to come back rested to work. My mother took it in stride since she is retired, my dad slept through the whole thing but he could sleep through a nuclear apocalypse, and took a nap in the afternoon.

Holland should really address this problem because they had many unhappy guests on each cruise.

My brother and his wife and my parents were in 2 verandah cabins on the side of Hamilton and they had difficulty sleeping before 3 o'clock in the morning!!! It you are at the aft of the ship, the noise is worse because you are lined up with this outdoor discotheque.

Holland should really address this problem because they had many unhappy guests on each cruise.

I'm just wondering what your suggestion is to HAL for addressing a problem over which they have no jurisdiction????

I agree with some others here, having a Harbor side cabin great with quiet, charming views and much more privacy.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
My brother and his wife and my parents were in 2 verandah cabins on the side of Hamilton and they had difficulty sleeping before 3 o'clock in the morning!!! It you are at the aft of the ship, the noise is worse because you are lined up with this outdoor discotheque. It is a real problem and my sister-in-law was the one that had the most problems with it since she only had 1 week's vacation and counted on it to come back rested to work. My mother took it in stride since she is retired, my dad slept through the whole thing but he could sleep through a nuclear apocalypse, and took a nap in the afternoon.

How do you know they've had "many unhappy guests on each cruise"? HAL has no control over what another country does! That night club is practically the only nighclub on Bermuda and makes most of its money when the turists are there. There is no way they are going to tone it down.

If your starboard side cabin faces the street and the noise is too loud for you, then I'm sure if you call the purser's desk and complain enough, they will undock the ship, turn it around so that now the port side is facing the street. Then you can go back to bed and get some sleep.

If your starboard side cabin faces the street and the noise is too loud for you, then I'm sure if you call the purser's desk and complain enough, they will undock the ship, turn it around so that now the port side is facing the street. Then you can go back to bed and get some sleep.

:):)

Archived