LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Thank you for another wonderful cyberspace trip!!! We all live for your trips. I'm so happy for you and Judith. You make an adorable couple. Judith looks like she is now a total cruise junkie like the rest of us. She should wear her new hat from Jamaica to the grocery store. Haha!!! Have a great reunion with the pups and of course the equally precious mini-horse. You have a heart of gold and it shows through your pictures and words. Hopefully our paths will cross someday on the high seas. It would be my pleasure to treat the two of you to a beverage of choice for all of the hours you spend thoroughly entertaining me! Safe travels!!! deby.

Dear Trainman and Judith,

Thank you so much for the fantastic cruise, my DH and I felt like we were there too! Great job reporting and wonderful photos! We also enjoy your sense of humor!! My DH wants me to make him a Trainman breakfast sandwich. Until next time!

Back Home, Safe & Sound...

The Puppies were excited to see us as were the Kitties.

The house is OK.

There has been a lot of rain and our pool is really full. I will have to pump our some water later today.

We left out Cabin on Deck 7 at 6:45 am this morning. We caught an elevator down in less than one minute. I turned in our comment card and walked to the exit. Our Departure Number has already been called so we walked off the ship.

There was a long line for the two elevators which are normally used only by the handicapped. There was a new sign by the escalators which prohibited heavy luggage so almost all of the early self departure folks were waiting by the elevator.

Once we got down we spotted our luggage, found a porter, breezed through customs and immigration and headed for our car.

We were out of the parking lot and on I-95 North by 7:30 am.

We stopped for breakfast part way home and got home about 11:45.

Once again I am thanking all of you for your complements. You may have noticed that I was posting a bit less. Judith is much more into exploring and doing than Carol was so I had less time for posting but more fun.

Happy Cruising Everyone...

Trainman-2

Back Home, Safe & Sound...

Once again I am thanking all of you for your complements. You may have noticed that I was posting a bit less. Judith is much more into exploring and doing than Carol was so I had less time for posting but more fun.

Happy Cruising Everyone...

Trainman-2

Trainman,

All of us are actually glad you posted less, we wanted YOU AND JUDITH to have a wonderful cruise and life together and it appears you have gotten both.

CONGRATS!!!

Tim

Thanks Jim and Judith for the wonderful "live" posts!

I, too, am sad that I won't get to cruise anymore with you - your cruise has been the highlight of my week!!!

I'll bet the weiner dogs and kitties were very happy to see you guys. Hope to sail with you both one day!

Debbie

Thank you so much for your wonderful posts, Trainman. That is a lot of really hard work and I consider it a sacrifice on our behalf; taking valuable time from your vacation and relaxation to help us future cruisers get excited about our upcoming trip...mine is 2 weeks away!

I do have a couple questions for you now though...

1. What is the food situation at Labadee for us "typical" cruisers (those who aren't fortunate enough to partake in suite areas, lol)

2. Will the Abba cover band be the headliner on the Oct 9th sailing?

3. We have absolutely no excursions this time in any port. I am most concerned with Falmouth as it looks pretty small still. I know you didn't do any but did you hear about anything that was a "not to be missed" thing to do or see there?

Thank you again for your generosity and hopefully we, too, can sail with you so we can meet the man, the myth, the legend...TRAINMAN!

YAY Trainman-Jim and Judith are home safely!

I have once again thoroughly enjoyed another virtual cruise that you and the Mrs have been so kind to share with us. It really does help those of us 'in between' cruises. And yes, I did notice that you are posting less. This actually brings a smile to my face as I envision you and Judith off having a wonderful time together with not a care in the world.

I will be watching for your LIVE FROM thread in January. This falls just weeks after my December cruise so I should be in a deep 'post cruise depression' by then and will really need it.

Give the dogs and cats a hug for me and thank you so much for once again taking us along with you. I sure hope we cross paths on a cruise some day.

We have three wieners and two cats and we will be happy to see them tomorrow.

Welcome home Trainman and Judith! So there's Red Dog, Spotty, and Baxley...can you tell us about your kitties and post a photo or two, please? :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful posts, Trainman. That is a lot of really hard work and I consider it a sacrifice on our behalf; taking valuable time from your vacation and relaxation to help us future cruisers get excited about our upcoming trip...mine is 2 weeks away!

I do have a couple questions for you now though...

1. What is the food situation at Labadee for us "typical" cruisers (those who aren't fortunate enough to partake in suite areas, lol)

We were lucky to be invited guests in the Cabana area. For everyone else there is the BBQ lunch set up buffet style that is pretty good. Ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salads, sides, etc. The food is good and there is plenty of it. I understand that there are some additional food venues but I am not aware of what they are. Maybe someone else can add to this.

2. Will the Abba cover band be the headliner on the Oct 9th sailing?

I don't know, sorry.

3. We have absolutely no excursions this time in any port. I am most concerned with Falmouth as it looks pretty small still. I know you didn't do any but did you hear about anything that was a "not to be missed" thing to do or see there?

The "Captain Hook" pirate ship looked nice. http://www.capitanhook.com

Thank you again for your generosity and hopefully we, too, can sail with you so we can meet the man, the myth, the legend...TRAINMAN!

Wow. We loved Giovanni's, and my family is Italian! We actually enjoyed it more than Chops. We had great service. Maybe that makes all the difference?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We were also on your sailing and ate at Giovannis. It was the best meal I had all week.The service may have been a little slow but it gave you time to digest before the next delicious course was served.Loved It!!

Once again you've kept me checking cruise critics off and on all day long - to see if you posted again. Thanks so much for all your pics, and for sharing Judith with us. I'll be waiting for your Allure LIVE thread in January as we board her February 26th - THANK YOU!:)

Thank you so much for your awesome review. I've been lurking here for awhile and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your posts this past week. It made me feel like I was right there with you. We'll be on the Oasis in March and I can't wait:rolleyes:

I'm just curious if you are going to post your cruise compasses....I saw you did that on your past live review. I love looking through them to plan and daydream!!:D

Archived