LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Trainman

As I said in an earlier post, your week will fly for both you and us, and it sure has. I cannot believe you get off the ship tomorrow and drive back home.

I'm sure your four legged buddies miss you as will we after your cruise ends tomorrow. Be safe and careful on your way home.

ALL OF US AT CRUISE CRITIC THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

Tim

Sunset In The Caribbean...

DSCN3847.jpg

DSCN3843.jpg

It Is Time To Say "Goodbye!"

We have finished packing and the suitcases are sitting in the hallway outside the room. It has been a great cruise and we owe RCI a special thanks for the upgrade to the Junior Suite.

We have made a bunch of new friends on the ship and her on the CC Boards.

I have a few prepaid minutes left and I may check in in the morning before we debark. I will post some more photos and review the thread for any questions that I missed this weekend.

Our Next Cruise Will Be on the Allure, Sailing 15 January 2012

Happy Cruising Everyone,

Trainman & Judith

This is the reason that I work my tale off everday……for a moment like this.

Thanks Trainman!!!

Does anyone know what the cost is for the Celebrate Cravings choice on the menu with the Chops and Giovanni's Table?

From the picture

Giovanni's Table

Maine Lobster $24.99

Chops Grille

Filet Mignon $14.99

Surf and Turn $34.99

I didn't know Giovanni's Table normally has lobster?

Sunset In The Caribbean...

DSCN3847.jpg

It Is Time To Say "Goodbye!"

We have finished packing and the suitcases are sitting in the hallway outside the room. It has been a great cruise and we owe RCI a special thanks for the upgrade to the Junior Suite.

Say it isn't so! The suitcases are packed and in the hall?!?!:eek: Just reading your words strikes dread, as that is the absolute worse moment of the trip. Hate that feeling!:mad:

Although, DITTO to the previous comment about your beautiful sunset pic .... this is why I work my butt off all year .... to have one peaceful week of solitude, far, far away from anyone who can reach me!

Thanks so much Trainman and Judith for sharing your trip. It's been a pleasure .... Until next time ... Happy Sails.

Day 8 - Saturday - Back In Port At Fort Lauderdale

Good Morning Everyone

This is my final post from the ship! It is time to pack up the old Notebook.

Judith and I will be heading down to the Royal Promenade soon to wait. We expect our tags to be called at 7:15 am and, if all goes well, we will be in the JudithMobile and rolling north by 7:45 am.

As always, I have enjoyed posting from the ship. And I am pleased that so many of you followed our adventures in the Caribbean.

My next post will be from beautiful Palm Coast, FL shortly after the "Grand Reunion" with Red Dog, Spotty, and Baxley.

Until next time...

Happy Cruising Everyone!

Trainman & Judith

My DW and I are trying to plan a cruise for February/March 2013. I have been looking at both the Oasis and the Allure. Do you prefer one over the other, and if so why? From reading on here, it seems there are a few more free eating places on Allure. Just wondering what your thoughts, or others on this thread that have been on both ships think.

Thank you for a great week on the Oasis. My DW and I enjoy cruising with you virtually on your live threads. I still have 5 months to go til our next cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I hope the time passes quickly, as this will be a family cruise that I put together to celebrate my Mom's life together. She always wanted to take the whole family on a cruise, but was taken from us before she could plan it.

My DW and I are trying to plan a cruise for February/March 2013. I have been looking at both the Oasis and the Allure. Do you prefer one over the other, and if so why? From reading on here, it seems there are a few more free eating places on Allure. Just wondering what your thoughts, or others on this thread that have been on both ships think.

Thank you for a great week on the Oasis. My DW and I enjoy cruising with you virtually on your live threads. I still have 5 months to go til our next cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I hope the time passes quickly, as this will be a family cruise that I put together to celebrate my Mom's life together. She always wanted to take the whole family on a cruise, but was taken from us before she could plan it.

This really touched my heart. Such a wonderful tribute to her memory. I hope you and your family have a very special time together. :)

Trainman/Jim, Thank you soo much for giving us soo much of your time during your cruise. It was totally Awesome!!!! I am sad that you are disembarking today! LOL

Mama24, We leave in 2 weeks on the Allure of the Seas. We are having a family cruise in memory of my Mom. She passed 1 Year ago Sept 18 . My dh and I will also be celebrating my 22 anniversary, daughter turing 13, and son 18! Hope your family has a wonderful memorial cruise.

Trainman if you happen to see Richard Spacey, could you please ask him what his last date on Oasis is? RCI seems to have several answers! Thanks! We are on the October 29th sailing and were really hoping to have Richard.

...No Kidding...I am going on the week before this poster Oct 22nd and I have the same question. Its really kind of funny so many different cruisers are claiming that Richard will be on their ship at the end of October...maybe they have found a way to clone him. I even wrote to Royal Caribbean and they responded after a week and 1/2 saying that my scheduled CD was Mike Swajinski(SP?) ...Mike had written to me though saying that he wont be because he has resigned...thats how much RCL customer Service knows!!!....It would be great to hear it from the horses mouth sort of say...if the opportunity presents itself Mr. Trainman. Thanks

I also want to say thanks Trainman for taking the time. We leave next Saturday, and this has made us anticipate the trip even more. I took your advice and cancelled our reservation at Chops. (Also considering the other negative reviews)

Thanks again.

Blessings,

Archived