HAL Brochures - Cruise Atlas

sail7seas

I just got a different e-mail from HAL.

Among the topics was a link to the Mariner Society cruises for this year:

Ryndam -- September 9th -- A little late to book that one.

Zuiderdam -- November 4th.

Nothing listed for 2012.

MARINER SOCIETY®

Mariner Society Cruises

Print page shown

Join us on a special Mariner Society Cruise

We’re very pleased to announce our schedule of Mariner Society Cruises for 2011. In addition to all the beautiful sights, gracious service and comfortable amenities you’ve come to expect from a Holland America Line cruise, Mariner Society Cruises offer a number of extras exclusively for Mariners. These include an onboard event, a unique dinner menu one evening selected from the Holland America Line archives and a special Mariner Society Cruise tile as a pillow gift. Plus, you can join in on the daily Holland America Line historical quiz, or pick up some interesting insider information at presentations and coffee chats led by your Mariner Society Host. We invite you to view the full list of 2011 Mariner Society Cruises below, and hope we can wish you, one of our most valued Mariners, “Welcome Back” very soon.

2011 Mariner Society Cruises Itinerary Ship Dates Embark/Disembark Cultural Mosaic ms Ryndam 09/08/11 Barcelona/Barcelona Panama Canal Sunfarer ms Zuiderdam 11/04/11 Fort Lauderdale/Fort Lauderdale

For more information on Mariner Society Cruises,

call your Travel Professional or 1-877-SAIL HAL (1-877-724-5425)

[/url]

What I don't understand is why those with one or two cruises receive brochures, and those of us with more, can't get brochures. I have booked cruises into 2013, but I would like a brochures so when people ask, where are you going I can pull out a brochure to show them.

No cruise planners, contests on Facebook - those of us traditional folks are getting to be out of luck. Although I do navigate around HAL website, I prefer to see the paper versions. And I agree Princess did send out a very nice cruise Atlas which includes deck plans. I hope HAL will reconsider their decision.

I think Ruth C has a great idea for a way that HAL could save money - send the paper copy of the Cruise Atlas to Mariners. If you have sailed HAL, you will appreciate - and use - the Cruise Atlas to book your future cruises much more so than the brochures and additional mailings that come from HAL. If you decide that you want a specific brochure, you can order that from the Web Site. I love the feel of paper and hate reading anything from a computer screen (have to do too much of that in my work life to do it in my fun life).

Sail7Seas, I understand your frustration. I called and called HAL, and never received the Cruise Planner. I am just a few days short of being a "4 star." Finally, I contact the TA that had been highly recommened to me. When she received her copy she called me, and I drove down to her office to pick a copy up. As a result, I've booked cruises for 2012 and 2013, in addition to the Maasdam cruise I'm on this October, with her as a result of looking through the Planner. HAL is making a very BIG mistake in limiting our access to this wonderful resource only on line. I do research on the HAL site all the time, so I am not totally "technologically challenged." However, I don't want to spend my time on the computer going through itinerary after itinerary trying to figure out how they differ.:(

As a follow-on to my previous posting, I have never received an e-mail alerting me to special Mariner Cruises (and I have taken 20 cruises with HAL)!

Also, I am being bombarded every week with beautiful brochures from Oceana with special offers as well as occasional special offer brochures from Princess.

Hmmmm? Is anyone in Seattle listening? Or are the "Sleeping in Seattle?"

As a follow-on to my previous posting, I have never received an e-mail alerting me to special Mariner Cruises (and I have taken 20 cruises with HAL)!

Also, I am being bombarded every week with beautiful brochures from Oceana with special offers as well as occasional special offer brochures from Princess.

I haven't received e-mails alerting me of special Mariner Cruises. I also receive weekly specials by other cruise lines.

This week was rare, I received a small brochure announcing grand grand word options. Nothing in detail, and I would want more info. I guess it is better than what I have received which is nothing.

Isn't this interesting. While I was reading this thread, an email came in from HAL. Mariner Society Cruise News, Fall 2011. Included is a link to Mariner Rewards. http://media.hollandamerica.com/mariner-news/2011/fall/docs/RewardsChart-US_CAD_090310.pdf

Right there, second from the top is "Annual Cruise Planner". It's totally misleading when they aren't actually sending those out.

That was also phrased that way before the changes to the brochures occurred. Misleading, no. But is it time to reword that section? Yeah, probably

We have nearly 700 days on HAL -- we don't get any brochures from them.. I was surprised when I got the e-mail today -- first one in a very, very long time -- maybe a couple of years.

But we are consistenly getting mail from Princess, Cunard, Seabourn, Carnival just to name a few.

I have only been on 5 HAL cruises.

I have signed up on the Hal Website to receive specials by e-mail.

Have yet to receive an e-mail regarding specials.

I get e-mails from Princess, Celebrity & Royal Carribean.

In my Opinion HAL is lacking in both brouchures and contact by e-mail in the marketing area. When the marketing area is lacking and doesn't see the whole picture, the front line customer service reps suffer. I think this is why we are seeing so many people disatisfied with booking HAL direct lately.

This is my opinion.

Lucky You!!

Our TA is with an agency that is big across the country -- she only got a coupe and can not give any out.

She can always order more. They're available though why they're not available enough to get to 4-star Mariner's is beyond me and I agree with OP HAL has to keep it's most loyal customers happy with these inclusions as a matter of course.

But we are consistenly getting mail from Princess, Cunard, Seabourn, Carnival just to name a few.

Seabourn is INSANE with the mailers. I probably get a few per week, and some are quite costly to publish. Maybe HAL could learn a lesson or two from their sister line, but I'd not recommend they send with the frequency of Seabourn lol.

Perhaps if HAL were to sell advertising space in the Cruise Planner/Atlas, as they do for the Mariner magazine ... they would be able to afford to print enough to distribute freely and widely. And, yes, to also honor the Mariner Society benefit committment of a planner to all who are two-star and above.

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone who has a planner seems to have picked one up onboard or from their local T/A. Wondering if the T/A's have to purchase from HAL copies in excess of, literally, a handful???

Seabourn is INSANE with the mailers. I probably get a few per week, and some are quite costly to publish. Maybe HAL could learn a lesson or two from their sister line, but I'd not recommend they send with the frequency of Seabourn lol.

Yes, Seabourn sends out gorgeous mailers and planners constantly. Maybe all the marketing money in Seattle is now being funneled to Seabourn.

It's time for a dissenting point of view. I do not want to receive brochures or any other marketing "junk mail." I only use the internet to research my trips and find it very easy to do so. Mass producing and mailing the brochures is only adding to the landfills, which are overflowing as it is.

If I never receive another piece of paper in my mailbox, I'll be a very happy camper. :)

Propably the reason people get more Seabourn Info is because the Exective President for Marketing for HAL is also the President of Seabourn.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/about-best-cruise-lines/Main.action

Gail

Archived