Looking Back - What complimentary amenities do you miss the most?

BPyser1

Believe it or not, I miss the little gift in our cabins. Made you feel so special. We never got the picture frames! And the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne at check-in. Also, the welcome back luncheon. I loved that and you got a glass of wine, who cares that it was La Terre, I like that anyways.

I couldn't think of anything I miss but I did come up with something for my husband:D. He is quite the news junkie and misses the daily papers the ships used to print out! Now he is reduced to watching Fox "news":eek:

Sherri:)

He is desperate isn't he.We don't miss anything mentioned, we always tell the room steward to skip the towel animals, a waste of his time and so much extra laundry when no kids are involved .Always hated the waste of food at the midnight buffets.People would pile plates high and leave most of it,all that food late at night can be a heart attacks best friend.We do miss the daily paper and crossword.;)

I couldn't think of anything I miss but I did come up with something for my husband:D. He is quite the news junkie and misses the daily papers the ships used to print out! Now he is reduced to watching Fox "news":eek:

It could be worse. You could cruise Carnival and he would be subjected to bbc and cnn. No Fox News on Carnival.

Trays in the WJ so that we don't have to juggle plate, napkin, drink, etc., etc. Food in MDR needs to improve but I never walk out hungry. Desserts in the WJ needs to be improved as well. I never lost weight on a cruise and it won't stop me from cruising.

I still have issues with the towel procedure but that's another thread :rolleyes:

Just what I was going to say. I guess we must be in the minority though because not many people seem to care about the news papers. I know we are on vacation, but I feel lost not knowing what is happening in the world.

The drop in food quality in the MDR, but this is true of Princess, Carnival and HAL, and maybe more. I haven't cruised RCCL in about 3 years, didn't know they dropped the daily paper. I always enjoyed the US version, but read the British one, too. Gave me a different view of things. Since I'm not athletic, the Flowrider, rock wall and skating rink are of no value to me, but I'm sure the majority of cruisers love them.

Cruising is still a great value, regardless of the economies the lines are practicing.

Just what I was going to say. I guess we must be in the minority though because not many people seem to care about the news papers. I know we are on vacation, but I feel lost not knowing what is happening in the world.
I go into withdrawel without a newspaper, I even read the obits on vacation.:eek:

It could be worse. You could cruise Carnival and he would be subjected to bbc and cnn. No Fox News on Carnival.

Actually, we would both rather watch CNN!:D For some reason, CNN is very sporadic on RC, the only channel that never seems to have problems is Fox.

Amen. We do a lot of trans-Atlantics and could be in WW3 and not know it. The news on the TV is not adequate. A lot of it is the same thing shown over and over again and old news.

Celebrity had them available at the Purser's Desk. When they put them out at 11:30, there was a crowd waiting for them like they were giving away free drinks and at noon they were all gone most of the time.

I've given up on waiting for the quality of food getting better. No way that is going to happen when they can sell quality in the specialty dining rooms. I'm just thankful they don't add a surcharge to eat in the dining room.

Tucker in Texas

just back from VOS and hadn't cruised with RC for the last 3 years.

Biggest thing we noticed was a charge for every port shuttle bus average cost $10 each for shortish journeys to $25 each for the Venice shuttle.I appreciate you have a choice but this used to be free

Also not one single change of bed sheets for the whole week (something we are not used to) even in moderate star hotels we get a sheet change of bed linen at least once)

Only having been on one RCI cruise, we didn't have anything to miss.

Did however wish they still had the "newspaper" I was told they once had. Still have it on Carnival

I realize this is one of those things that probably few few would miss but I did

BTW if they get Fox News then I'd want MS NBC and they can drop CNN.

We dont miss anything, however I feel the food quality has gone downhill in MDR & WJ but could it just be we take too many RC cruises? I wonder if maybe its the repetition. :rolleyes: I felt all the food on Celebrity was much better but maybe thats why we pay more for Celebrity. I would miss the diamond club the most, we have met so many friends there.:):)

I miss the gifts we got for each cruise. I like the towel animals, but I could live without them.

I am still very happy with Royal Caribbean, but if things change to the point where I am not happy I will change to another cruise line.

I LOVE CRUISING!!!

I miss the chocolates before bed, the free all night room service, the free soda at dinner, the fires in the dinning room (baked alaska, cherries jubilee etc...) and the midnight buffet.

But out with the old in with the new! I love the ice shows and the large ships new innovations so while I may miss some things they have some new things that I am happy with.

I miss the chocolates before bed, the free all night room service, the free soda at dinner, the fires in the dinning room (baked alaska, cherries jubilee etc...) and the midnight buffet.

But out with the old in with the new! I love the ice shows and the large ships new innovations so while I may miss some things they have some new things that I am happy with.

just off celebrity summit to bermuda.... and was sooooooooooo happy to see parade of the baked alaska { real flames } AGAIN, SO LOVED IT !

I miss the cherries jubilee and the quality of food in the MDR from our first cruise...

But I do think the WJ food is a little better..

And I think the room stewarts are assigned too many rooms now, seems like it takes longer for the rooms to get made up in the morning

Yes, we miss them, too.

Archived