?Transefer vs Taxi Ft. Lauderdale

Maeshel

Does anyone know what the taxi fare is from the airort to Port Everglades?

I have a cruise booked for March leaving from Port Everglades. I pulled up a Ft Laurderdale map and it does not look that far from the airport to the port. We will be flying in late the night before the cruise. Take an airport shuttle to a hotel.

RCI wants I believe $29 for transefers. There will be three of us and my research indicates that I can hirer a taxi for less than the price RCI wants for 2.

Does anyone know what the taxi fare is from the airort to Port Everglades?

I have a cruise booked for March leaving from Port Everglades. I pulled up a Ft Laurderdale map and it does not look that far from the airport to the port. We will be flying in late the night before the cruise. Take an airport shuttle to a hotel.

RCI wants I believe $29 for transefers. There will be three of us and my research indicates that I can hirer a taxi for less than the price RCI wants for 2.

Very cheap. $20-$25 with tip, maximum. And you can all certainly fit into one cab!

We just got back from the Oasis yesterday (ugh, already seems so long ago!) and we took taxis round trip. Fare was $12.50 each way, and we tipped about $5 so it still worked out to less than $20 each way. I believe the ship transfer would've been at least $20 per person each way, so it's definitely cheaper to take a taxi. It was only a 10-15 minute ride as well, so also faster than doing the ship transfer and having to wait for other people to board the bus.

Last week, from port to airport, the shuttle people wanted $10 per person. The taxi was about $15, just as MM said. So for any more than one person, a taxi will be cheaper. Plus no waiting for a shuttle to fill up, or going to terminals that are not the one you want.

Thanks all for the quick responds. I sort of thought a taxi would be cheaper. Still learning the ins and outs of cruising.

I maybe wrong on the $29 for RCI transfer, but the price the lady gave me knocked my socks off.

$29 per person sounds about right for the RCI transfer. We considered it when we booked but our TA assured us it would be much cheaper & faster to do the taxi route...she was right!

Archived