RCI Pizza- Ketchup on Cardboard?

PinkBandit

I've been browsing the boards and it seems as though the general consensus is that RCI pizza is basically inedible. I'm a huge pizza fan, and am satisfied with anything from DiGiorno to Numero Uno.

I've been on Princess and loved their pizza! I know taste is very subjective, but I am still interested in your opinions... Will it be like eating a hot circle of garbage?

Will it be like eating a hot circle of garbage?

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. "a hot circle of gargbage" I love it!

On a more serious note, I grew up in NY and am a big pizza fan. Everytime I get pizza, I compare it to NY pizza. Here in Phoenix, I have learned that food is just different, not necessarily bad, just different. I think the same goes with the cruise ship.

I also really liked the giant triangle slices on Princess, but the pizza on RCI is good (but different) too especially if it just came out of the oven. Probably several steps up from a hot circle of garbage. ;)

Enjoy!!!

In my experience, the pizza is definitely edible but not something great. I'm pretty easy to please, so I don't mind it, but it is about on par with cheap generic frozen pizza as someone else said. Like, the stuff on the bottom of the shelf in the freezer case behind the frost build-up in the plain wrapper. Nowhere even close to DiGiorno, but also not so horrific that I don't eat it at all. Somewhere between "meh" and "eh."

In the WJ they offer a made to order pizza some nights..not bad at all..For those that criticize Sorrentos pizza...I don't go on a cruise for the pizza..it is what it is..many other things to eat onboard if the pizza isn't up to your standards...JMHO..;):)

RCCLS Pizza is just like its been taken over by their own Accountants making sure it has hardly anything on it so it fits in well with what Accountants want.No thought about taste.

With out a doubt Princesses Pizza is excellent and if you get them at the right time they will hand craft one for you.To watch their Pizza maker like on the Diamond just recently they even handle the base as they would in a real Pizza Shop.

RCCLS Pizza is far from good.

I don't like RC pizza! The problem might be that I prefer a crispy crust and theirs always seems doughy and under-cooked, particularly in the middle. They occasionally have a unique combination that I'll try, but most of the time I end up scraping the toppings off and leaving the crust.

I've been browsing the boards and it seems as though the general consensus is that RCI pizza is basically inedible. I'm a huge pizza fan, and am satisfied with anything from DiGiorno to Numero Uno.

I've been on Princess and loved their pizza! I know taste is very subjective, but I am still interested in your opinions... Will it be like eating a hot circle of garbage?

Yes and No, it varies from ship to ship and how long the pizza sits. If you get a slice from a pizza they just put out, its not bad. On the Oasis class ship you can have a personal pizza custom made for you. It is good, not wonderful, but good. Takes about 10 minutes. On other ships I walk by and wait for a pizza to come out and grab a piece whiles its fresh.

The pizza on Freedom was on par with a frozen DiGiorno pizza. Not bad, but nowhere near the quality of even a mediocre New York pizzeria.

OK, not a New York expert, been there twice and in my humble opinion NO PIZZA anywhere should be compared to New York. Visited the city in August and the pizza looked so good I still have the picture on my blackberry.:) Best pizza I ever had and I don't even know if the place we ate at was considered a top place or not but it was amazing.

Three o'clock in the afternoon, wandering by, grab a slice. Ehh it's ok, not bad.

Three o'clock in the morning, umm stumbling by, grab a slice. Damn that's great pizza I want more.:D

It's all perspective. Enjoy your cruise and your pizza, life is short.

OK I think this is probably the best pizza post out here.

Yes and No, it varies from ship to ship and how long the pizza sits. If you get a slice from a pizza they just put out, its not bad. On the Oasis class ship you can have a personal pizza custom made for you. It is good, not wonderful, but good. Takes about 10 minutes. On other ships I walk by and wait for a pizza to come out and grab a piece whiles its fresh.

This is a very good idea. Thanks for the tip. Why not eat something freshly made that is hot rather than something that has been sitting sround for who knows how long?

OK, not a New York expert, been there twice and in my humble opinion NO PIZZA anywhere should be compared to New York. Visited the city in August and the pizza looked so good I still have the picture on my blackberry.:) Best pizza I ever had and I don't even know if the place we ate at was considered a top place or not but it was amazing.

If you ever make it back and happen to be in Brooklyn, try and visit L&B Spumoni Gardens. Their Sicilian pizza is unbelievable.

Archived