OBC for Shore Excursions

aeh88

I have been trying to find out if I can use OBC for shore excursions before I get onboard. My in-laws gave us some OBC for our cruise this Christmas and I was hoping to book the shore excursions before we left. I thought I had seen something on this board at one point, but am having no luck now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been trying to find out if I can use OBC for shore excursions before I get onboard.
No. Not for pre-booking of the Pinnacle Grill or pre-ordered liquor etc either.
Any left over will be credited back to your credit card at the end of the cruise.
We've never had any excess yet, but most people on this forum say excess is refunded to you in cash.

I have been trying to find out if I can use OBC for shore excursions before I get onboard. My in-laws gave us some OBC for our cruise this Christmas and I was hoping to book the shore excursions before we left. I thought I had seen something on this board at one point, but am having no luck now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To answer your question YES Ship Board Credit can be used to purchase Shore Excursions but unfortunately it cannot be used till you are on board the ship. So another words you cannot pre-book an excursions and pay for it with Ship Board Credit. Princess is the only cruise line know of that you can do that.

We've never had any excess yet, but most people on this forum say excess is refunded to you in cash.

I had a credit on my onboard account last week because of an excursion that was canceled and it was credited to the credit card I used for my account.

Thank you for your replies. My OBC will not be used up with the daily charge and drinks, which is why I was hoping to book the shore excursions. But since I can't I guess I will just book the ones I really want to do and leave the ones I think would be fun, but don't necessarily have to do, until I get on board. Maybe I will get lucky and they won't be sold out. :)

I had a credit on my onboard account last week because of an excursion that was canceled and it was credited to the credit card I used for my account.
That's different. The question was about OBCs given before boarding. We've gotten refunds on our account for missed excursions and port fees/taxes.

Archived