What type of room?

clm1982

Hi All,

My family are looking to go on a Royal Carribean cruise in March next year but i dont understand how the rooms work.

There will be 3 of us, Me, hubby and 2 year old daughter. We are going with an interior cabin but ideally hubby and I want a queen bed with something then for my daughter. I dont want a 4 bunk bed room. Is this possible? Do they have a room with a sofa bed or 3rd bed?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

What ship are you sailing on? Configurations and stateroom sizes vary by ship class. The Freedom of the Seas for example offers an Interior Category K that has two twin beds that convert to a queen, plus a 3rd or 4th pullman bed. The majority of Interior staterooms do not accommodate more than two passengers, I'd recommend booking as early as possible. The Cat K is approximately 150 s.f.

Love the Radiance! And yes, the pullman folds down when in use. Here is a link with a photo (likely NOT an interior stateroom) that shows a pullman, check out post #3: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1105357&highlight=radiance+pullman+bed+photo

The bed folds fully against the wall when not in use, is a full size twin bed with a regular mattress, rails, and has a 250# weight limit. The Radiance class will offer approximately 165 s.f. for an interior stateroom. Kids love the pullman bed, however, having a two year old you'll have to be comfortable with them using it. There is also apparently a sign in the stateroom advising it not to be used by children under a certain age, so please check with your TA or RCI rep for restrictions. You won't find an interior stateroom with a sofa bed, just pullmans. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the replies, i was also thinking just bringing her portacot. She will be 2 and 7 months so closer to 3 than 2 but i think id prefer the sofa bed if i can get it.

RCL does have some kind of pack n plays if you arrange it ahead of time. I would not bring one from home.

Worse comes to worse take the mattress off the bunk and put it on the floor for her to sleep on. .. but no I would never cart along a extra bed. I try and cruise as light as possible. with a little one, you will have enough other stuff to carry.

Call RCCL reservations and tell them what you want and if they have it they will tell you what is available.

I have never sailed RCCL with kids, this is a line that hubby and I do without them so not sure about 4 bed thing but I know that on CCL some rooms are configured for 3 and ONLY fit three and other for 4 and so on...I don't think they would give you a room for four unless that is all they had...the earlier you book the more selection you will have.

Have fun and let us know how you make out!

Worse comes to worse take the mattress off the bunk and put it on the floor for her to sleep on. .. but no I would never cart along a extra bed. I try and cruise as light as possible. with a little one, you will have enough other stuff to carry.

This is what i was thinking or she could sleep on the the sitting lounge they have in the room might be the other option.

OK so i just called RC and they said they have portacots available so i might just go with that... Thanks for the help

And for yourselves, tell your TA or RCI (whoever is booking for you) that you want the adult beds made up as one queen-size. If you don't specify, they more likely will be set up as two twins when you get there. (If that's the case, ask your room steward to make a queen. But it pays to just ask in advance.)

Archived