T-shirts at Breakfast and lunch

oskarNZ

It's not a matter of enforcement of Formal Wear in the Specialty Restaraurants' date=' rather that the dress code has been changed to Smart Casual every evening.[/quote']

Yes, and that was a couple of years ago....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Specialty+Dining&faqId=3377&pagename=faq_answers

I have not sailed on Celebrity before but tee shirts on other cruises have been allowed for breakfast and lunch. When you are leaving for excursions lot of people are dressed for that and leave soon after they eat. Especially on cruises where the weather is warm it is nice to dress down as long as it is done tastefully. Looking forward to sailing on Celebrity Infinity Oct. 28th out of San Diego for Panama Canal cruise. Leaving all my cares and frustrations for fun and relaxation. Great cruises to all.

BTW whats wrong with white T-Shirts?

White shirts (t's or otherwise) tend to be more see-through than others, which can offend some of your fellow cruisers. Or at least make them drool into their food, which isn't too pleasant, either... ;)

I believe that common sense would tell you this type of shirt is what they are referring to.

9862-jockey-classic-tall-man-2-pack-cotton-athletic-shirts-15109.jpg

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, would people in the U.S call that a t-shirt?

Here in New Zealand that style of clothing is known as a 'singlet'. A singlet probably wouldn't cross a NZers mind for even second when they read the word 't-shirt'.

Thanks again to everyone for your helpful (and sometimes humorous) answers.

:)

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, would people in the U.S call that a t-shirt?

Here in New Zealand that style of clothing is known as a 'singlet'. A singlet probably wouldn't cross a NZers mind for even second when they read the word 't-shirt'.

Thanks again to everyone for your helpful (and sometimes humorous) answers.

:)

In Canada I've always called that style a tank top or, more likely for men, an undershirt. The one in the picture is way to clean and pristine to qualify as a "wife-beater".

Totally agree with you :D .... as opposed to the Green shirt and baseball cap :( :eek:

If only the fellow cruisers who wear such things would look anything like the model in the picture, they might be allowed! :) It seems to work that way with Speedos, too.

Just off EQUINOX yesterday and can safely say T shirts and shorts are allowed at breakfast and lunch in MDR and infact at dinner dress code is slack plenty of people in jeans at dinner on formal night saw many people in sports shirt no tie and no jacket and one guy in baseball cap and they were let in for formal night. Dress code on Celebrity is very slack and they will not tell you off or turn you away really i promise.....

If only the fellow cruisers who wear such things would look anything like the model in the picture, they might be allowed! :) It seems to work that way with Speedos, too.

In Oz we call those DTs or budgie smugglers .. and most people would not be seen dead in them!!

Just off EQUINOX yesterday and can safely say T shirts and shorts are allowed at breakfast and lunch in MDR.... Dress code on Celebrity is very slack and they will not tell you off or turn you away really i promise.....

Thanks Martin1970 for the up-to-date feedback. I'm happy to dress nice in the evening, but am relieved that T-shirts are allowed during the daylight hours. As long as they are tidy and free of rips, big stains and offensive font and pictures (which would also apply to any item of clothing), I can't see why Celebrity should have an issue with them.

Also, thanks everyone else for keeping me smiling :). We also call singlets "wife beaters". I wonder where the term originated because it sounds like it's gone global? :)

I e-mailed Celebrity and ASKED THEM.

I received the response today:

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

T-shirts will be fine in the main dining room during breakfast or lunch but not during dinner hours.

Mr. ******, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Constance Wood

Customer Service Representative

THAT should settle it once and for all...

My last 6 cruises in the carribean on S Class ships, I wear T shirt and shorts to Blu for breakfast, plus they no longer enforce formal wear in the speciality rests...they are just happy to have people pay the extra fee...I saw t shirts and shorts in Murano last March...I at least wear collared shirt and long pants for dinner

My last 6 cruises in the carribean on S Class ships, I wear T shirt and shorts to Blu for breakfast, plus they no longer enforce formal wear in the speciality rests...they are just happy to have people pay the extra fee...I saw t shirts and shorts in Murano last March...I at least wear collared shirt and long pants for dinner

They don't enforce formal wear in Specialty restaurants because it hasn't been required for at least two years. Smart casual every night...

I have no problems with t shirts white or any color,its string vests that make me want to run( like a singlet but a mesh construction)

In the mid 80s was arriving at a local public par-3 golf course and coming off the links was a heterosexual couple in matching black mesh shirts- neither had anything on underneath.....

I sure hope that this attire emerged once they were past the starter. Can't imagine being paired with this pair. Or with guys who take their shirts off entirely...

I got severely reprimanded for using that term. It's not "politically correct" but It's what I've always heard them called.

There is another even more politically incorrect term that I am not going to post here. Has to do with a certain nationality....

Archived