How do you handle the waiting?

sandy toes

You decided to go on a cruise, you researched and decided on your cruise line, ship and itinerary, you paid your deposit and even have your count down clock in place...You thought you were doing good. You were reading and making posts on CC, you shopped a bit (OK more than a bit), and you did some more research into the ports...THEN, it happen! You were driving to a very special appointment and you saw "Her", your ship was in port, and you just had to stop a moment (alright, 25 minutes) to watch her sail away. Now you are soooo excited. Anxious beyond belief. How will you make it until you get to be on ship for the sail away party? Has anyone else EVER felt this way? Have you seen "Her" and been green with envy? How did/do you handle the waiting?

Well I can't pull over and watch her sail away. Lucky you. I don't have the luxury of living in a port city, unless California falls into the ocean. I bide my time on here and the roll calls for our sailing and drive my co-workers batty with all of my talking about what were going to be doing in a few months while on board. We also do the shopping thing and booking all excursions and the soda card and all other things we can do before boarding. We prefer to have almost everyihing paid for before we sail.

I also live in the Baltimore area, and know what you mean. I have only seen the ships leave Baltimore once, but I have seen them in port when visiting Florida and very envious of those sailing without me. I log search these boards for info on each cruise and this helps in looking forward to the cruise.

I am also inflicted with PCA (Pre-Cruise Anticipation) so seriously that during work I also get PCD (Pre-Cruise Distaction)

As of this time, I do not believe there is a cure. The only help I have found is to check the boards from time to time and then I have to get back to work.

Good luck

Allison

I usually am no where near 95 and don't see the ships but the appointment had me right there at the sail away. I wasn't the only 1 pulled over. A guy and his wife were right in front of me, he opened his trunk so if a policeman stopped he could say he was fixing a flat! He said they planned to watch "Her" sail away. I suggested some points with better views for next time. I came away with a major longing for this cruise!!!! I love holiday cruises and can hardly wait.

We don't live near a port either, or that would drive me insane having to see my ship sail away all the time w/out me being on board. I know waiting and reading reviews and hanging out on the cc boards is half the fun/excitement, but nonetheless, it drives me insane having to wait. I think I look at my shipmate app about 50 times a day. It finally clicked over to 4 months and some odd days. Enjoy your cruise! It will be here before you know it.

I am also inflicted with PCA (Pre-Cruise Anticipation) so seriously that during work I also get PCD (Pre-Cruise Distaction)

As of this time, I do not believe there is a cure. The only help I have found is to check the boards from time to time and then I have to get back to work.

Good luck

Allison

Love the names. Worked FT+++ in medicine. Enjoy the cute spin you created.

I know what you mean. I pass by the port of Baltimore daily on my way to work, and I definitely look forward to the days I know there is a sailing. Kinda crazy I know, but it's a way I get my fix in between cruises. I consider myself lucky that I can what the ships almost any time I want.

1. Make list(s) 2. Check list(s) 3. Make another list(s) 4. Talk about (to anyone that will listen) crusing! 5. Go back over my list(s) 6. Price cruises that I know I will one day take! 7. Did I say make a list(s) already? I have the cruise - itis really bad! Doctors have said there is no cure, I must be on water at all times!

You decided to go on a cruise, you researched and decided on your cruise line, ship and itinerary, you paid your deposit and even have your count down clock in place...You thought you were doing good. You were reading and making posts on CC, you shopped a bit (OK more than a bit), and you did some more research into the ports...THEN, it happen! You were driving to a very special appointment and you saw "Her", your ship was in port, and you just had to stop a moment (alright, 25 minutes) to watch her sail away. Now you are soooo excited. Anxious beyond belief. How will you make it until you get to be on ship for the sail away party? Has anyone else EVER felt this way? Have you seen "Her" and been green with envy? How did/do you handle the waiting?

The only thing worse than watching Enchantment OTS sailing away under the Key bridge is if you didn't have anything listed in your countdown clock! Now, THAT would be a bummer.

Be Happy! Soon you'll be watching from the other direction icon12.gif

Weekend road trips, and lots of them. We drive from Naples to Fort Lauderdale for the weekend at least once a month. We can see the Oasis when we arrive on Saturday, and the Allure when we leave on Sunday. We sometimes stay at a hotel where we can torment ourselves by observing other people's cruise luggage tags in the lobby. Other times we stay at a Marriott in Coral Springs with an atrium that reminds us of the promenade. Later this month we are going to drive to Key Largo, where we will gaze at the water and wish we were on a ship. I guess there is no cure, is there?

I dont live near a port either but I do watch portfever.com and watch the ships sail out of pt. everglades, pt. canaveral and even watch the webcam in st. thomas where the ships are docked there. My favorite is to watch the oasis and allure in pt. everglades every sat and sun when Im home on my laptop. I still have 5 months to go till i go on oasis in feb and it is killing me!!!!!! I want to go NOW! I read a lot of the posts on CC and love to look at pics. I like to do a lot of planning ahead. I look for people that are posting cruise compasses of the same ship and itinterary I am goin on, then I look to see when the formal nights are and when lobster night is and I plan out my week. I eat in the MDR on formal nights and eat at any specialty restaurants i want to eat at other nights. I also plan my exscursions and look for the drink specials on the cruise compasses and any other things I might spend money on. It makes the time go by a lil faster for me when i am busy planning details for my cruise.

Im dealing with the same thing (and this is my first cruise so I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement), I drop my sister off to work sometimes and she works at the New Orleans Convention Center, so anyone who has departed from new Orleans know that the port is right behind the CC so unfortunately I've seen her a couple of times but my sister say she has it the worst cause she sees it once and sometimes twice a week. lol.

I have my two cruises booked for next year and although I don't live near a port, I see my itinerary every day.

I try not to think about it by working overtime and working out at the gym. That way, when I finally do get on the cruise, I won't have to think about how I'm going to pay it off and can enjoy eating all the fine food in front of me because I will have lost the 10lbs I'm going to gain back that week!!

Archived