New Brochure with no Mazatlan stops!

califgary

The first Mex cruise in 2012 departs Jan 07 - with final payment due Oct 24 so Im thinking they may be close to deciding what to do for 2012 as I would imagine they would tell the folks on the January sailing if the itinerary changes so they could decide before final payment .....

We still have Puerto Vallarta on our Star Princess cruise in April 2012. Mazatlan was cancelled for two days in Cabo. We are sailing from San Francisco and already have stops in Catalina and San Diego. Take away Puerto Varallata and we are heading to Hawaii instead!

Cheers, Denise

Without PV and Mazatlan, what on earth is still called the "Mexican Riviera" - surely not more days in Cabo - eech. Loved both PV and Mazatlan and looked forward to returning often on some nice San Diego departure turn-arounds. Mazatlan must be devastated to lose those cruise ship boosts and while PV looks like it thrives on its own, there will be a significant loss there too. D*mn drug dealers and the endemic corruption this brings to this struggling but wonderful country.

Without PV and Mazatlan, what on earth is still called the "Mexican Riviera" - surely not more days in Cabo - eech. Loved both PV and Mazatlan and looked forward to returning often on some nice San Diego departure turn-arounds. Mazatlan must be devastated to lose those cruise ship boosts and while PV looks like it thrives on its own, there will be a significant loss there too. D*mn drug dealers and the endemic corruption this brings to this struggling but wonderful country.

Beautifull Ensenada, perhaps?;)

I guess there are too many heads being found detached from their bodies! i.e. Acapulco again. Sad as these ports really want the tourists there.

Chiapas had excitment from some revolutionary group back when Vicente Fox was president. They had Xmas ornaments in the shop with the lead revolutionist's face on them. (in his honor). The salesperson couldn't believe that I knew who he was.

Stone Island (mazatlan) one of the best days of our 7 years together.

This is so sad! Where is hal stopping then?

This year they are spending the nite in Puerto Vallarta. So just 2 stops PV and Cabo. The brochure I just got shows the same for 2012 however the HAL website has not updated 2012 to reflect this change.

Did you notice how much of a price reduction there was with the new itinerary postings? Should be interesting to see how long this lasts.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska- Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

Future Cruises – in planning stage:

September, 2012 - Alaska – Amsterdam - 14 day cruise

2013 Eastern Med - 28 day (includes cruising Black Sea)

Given how little competition there is now in the MR market, I am surprised HAL isn't able to demand higher prices particularly on the MR sailings. I fear that HAL will be yet another line to pull their ships from this itinerary and leave CA. While I am not a fan of the itinerary, convenience of sailing from CA often wins out for me and that may no longer be an option in the future.

Loved Puerto Vallarta and I loved Mazatlan. But with everything that's going on, I can see why they would not be stopping in Mazatlan. Which is a shame, because I got some great pictures there.

I can't imagine spending 2 days in Cabo. I wouldn't want to go on the tenders more than once or twice.Dreadful.

Beautifull Ensenada, perhaps?;)

Snicker. Well, the fish tacos can be worth the trip. Or a shore excursion bus to Puerto Nuevo up the coast a bit from Ensenada for their famous lobster dinners, which used to be a great south of the border treat for San Diego day trippers. But now really out of the question due to border tie-ups and street crime even in this little town.

Mazatlan was turning such a good corner with the beautiful restoration of its historic center - we looked forward so much to returning often. And regret we did not get to Stone Island and hoped to in the future. Hope things change and Mazatlan again can be included with safety and security first and foremost.

I was really looking forward to Mazatlan as it's been 20 years since I'd been there last, and with the two previous trips arriving there by car and by train, it was going to be fun coming in by boat. At least they haven't canceled PV for our cruise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no new violence erupts around there in the next couple of months at least so they don't have an excuse to alter the itinerary again.

People in the USA have to stop buying Mexican dope.

DON

I stick strictly with American dope. I believe strongly in buying American for everything I can, cars, clothes, dope. It's important to me to support my domestic economy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that also believes that one should buy only American dope instead of Mexican dope.

I stick strictly with American dope. I believe strongly in buying American for everything I can, cars, clothes, dope. It's important to me to support my domestic economy. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that also believes that one should buy only American dope instead of Mexican dope.

In our area, the Mexican dope mafia has moved into our local national forests, set up shop, leave the occasionally burned and mutilated bodies behind as a calling card, heavily pollute the streams with pesticides, patrol their crop perimeters with armed guards, and set booby traps for unwary hikers so when you "buy American" dope, do you really get to call it home grown?

in our area, the mexican dope mafia has moved into our local national forests, set up shop, leave the occasionally burned and mutilated bodies behind as a calling card, heavily pollute the streams with pesticides, patrol their crop perimeters with armed guards, and set booby traps for unwary hikers so when you "buy american" dope, do you really get to call it home grown?

roflmao

Archived