What do you think of "Breakaway" as a name for a cruise ship?

SantaFeFan

I guess "Fallapart" was taken?? :D

What do you think?

LOL, 'Fallapart'! Why not 'Disintegrate' or 'Dismantle'? Out of the finalists, I prefer 'Journey', or even 'Bliss'. 'Breakaway' and 'Getaway'?! NCL may have been thinking along the lines of the freedom and flexibility of their Freestyle Cruising, but these names are pretty comical. Who knows, they may catch on (and I do like the looks of the stateroom design I've seen). :)

Does this fit into the "what were they thinking" department?

You just need to look at a picture of the exterior of the Epic and realize these are the same people. Maybe the part that will break away is that ugly monstrosity over the bridge in the next design LOL.

I was one of the semi finalists. I had NCL Journey. Thought maybe I'd get a small prize but got nothing. All my friends think my idea is better than either of the names chosen!

Congratulations. How exciting to make it to semi finalists. Well done.

The prize goes to the winner. Isn't that how it usually works?

You just need to look at a picture of the exterior of the Epic and realize these are the same people. Maybe the part that will break away is that ugly monstrosity over the bridge in the next design LOL.

:D I have never understood why they paint all that mess all over the sides of their ships. When we see them in ports, it puzzles me anyone would purposely paint, what looks like grafitti to me, all over a multi million dollar cruise ship. That is the first impression someone gets of their ship and that first impression makes me run from any thought of ever thinking of booking. I like neat, tasteful, uncluttered and to my taste the paint all over the sides in multi colors is a total turn off.

I know,,,,,,,, different strokes etc

I am sure some folks love it and that, of course, is just fine.

Maybe it will be built so the decks can be moved around every trip so it fools passengers into thinking they are on a new ship each time? Or maybe it will split in half, right down the center line, so they can dock at two different ports on the same day for more variety. Or maybe it will be made as two separate sections, a front and a rear, with a gangway in between, in order to split up the smoking and non-smoking sections.

Nah! It's just a dumb name. Now NCL will have the dubious honor of having the ugliest ship (the Epic) and the ugliest name. What's their next name? NCL Crapper?

NCL's next new ship will be called "Breakaway". I think this is a strange name for a ship. My first thought was "what will be the first piece that breaks away from the ship?" I guess "Fallapart" was taken?? :D

What do you think?

I think it might be heading for disaster:D

Bad choice pyschologically for cruisers..think Titanic!

When this ship has a problem - and with a name like Breakaway, how could it not - the press will have a field day with the name. I think this name is a very poor decision by NCL Marketing and management and it will lead to great embarassment for the company. Even a small problem is going to be embarassing with a name like this.

I love NCL - especially the Suite-life, but this is just a very, very poorly thought out name.

:D I have never understood why they paint all that mess all over the sides of their ships. When we see them in ports, it puzzles me anyone would purposely paint, what looks like grafitti to me, all over a multi million dollar cruise ship. That is the first impression someone gets of their ship and that first impression makes me run from any thought of ever thinking of booking. I like neat, tasteful, uncluttered and to my taste the paint all over the sides in multi colors is a total turn off.

Of course, the company that paints all that ridiculous "decoration" on the hulls of their ships cannot be expected to display any more taste or sense in picking the name to paint on the stern.

Of course, you cannot expect a company which paints all that garish grafitti on the sides of their ships to show any more sense in picking the nae to paint on the stern of their newest ship.

Of course, the company that paints all that ridiculous "decoration" on the hulls of their ships cannot be expected to display any more taste or sense in picking the name to paint on the stern.

I kinda of like the painting on the sides, but the name- what were they thinking?- uninspiring choice!

Archived