New C&A savings certificates up!!!

Seriously, do that many people really find those certificates of any value? The tiny amount off the offer on the boosted up prices on these sailings just do not present much of a bargain.

I agree. It always seems that the sailings that the certificates are offered, are higher priced than the surrounding dates. :(

Seriously, do that many people really find those certificates of any value? The tiny amount off the offer on the boosted up prices on these sailings just do not present much of a bargain.

If I booked an inside or OV category I'd be all over those certificates - why leave money lying on the ground? As for boosted up prices, not all of the cruises are priced at Oasis/Allure levels - there are plenty of bargains out there.

But we usually book a balcony or higher, so the coupons are useless to us. I honestly don't know why RCI continues to put them out for balconies at the D/D+/PC level. At least they don't waste paper and postage mailing them out.

Wow, for the first time, I see a savings certificate for a cruise that I'm booked on.

Unfortunately, it's a NextCruise booking, and I don't think that it's combinable. Still, I've put an inquiry into my TA to make sure.

Edited to add... Apparently, I may be wrong. According to this blog post from Adam Goldstein (highlighting added):

Crown & Anchor Society members will now have the exclusive privilege to reserve their next cruise while onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. The new and exclusive “Onboard Booking Bonus” offers members an onboard credit of up to $200 per stateroom for making a reservation on a future sailing. This Bonus can now be used with either a Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate or a Balcony & Suite Discount (the latter applicable for our Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus members), offering members great savings for their next cruise before their current cruise ends.

Yay! Thanks for posting the heads up!

Archived