Ideal hotel near Ft. Lauderdale airport/cruise terminal????

Cruizlovers

this will probably get moved to the fla board, but you could try the Homewood suites, Courtyard airport/cruiseport, Hyatt Place south, Fairfield Inn-just for starters...they may not all have free shuttles, but at the very least, there may be an option to pay for one.

That said, you're limiting yourself looking for places with shuttles to the pier. you're locked onto THEIR schedule, not yours and you're really not going to be near much, save for the Oakwood Plaza (and that is NOT near ALL of the above hotels..)

Cabs are not that expensive...and you could also check hotels on 17th Street. Most will NOT have free airport shuttles, but a cab should be around 15-20 from the airport and 10-15 to the pier...

Popular places on 17th are the Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express (the one by the pier/convention center...there is another one elsewhere), Hyatt pier 66 and others...

hth

Does anyone know of a hotel near the airport and the cruise port that has both an airport shuttle pick up and shuttle to the port? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Our hotel of choice that has the 2 shuttles that you're asking about is the Sleep Inn in Dania. It also has a free breakfast, 24 hour coffee, and is conveniently located next to a Walgreen's (and across the street from a Publix, a Dollar Tree, a Chinese restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, and a few other bars/restaurants in a strip mall). We've always found the management to be agreeable and accomodating too. A nice comfortable place to stay!

We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites FLL & Cruise Port. We're paying $129, includes airport pick-up, breakfast and drop off at Port Everglades.

Hilton Garden Inn also has the same as above..Check on the Florida boards as there are several with these nice services...

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling in Hollywood that provides free transport from the Apt, to the Port and back to the Apt when you return. They also have a fee parking on site during the cruise.The property adjoins a Hampton Inn which is under the same owner.

I won the Hilton (not Hilton Garden Inn) last Feb. on Priceline for $65. Included were airport pick-up...no free breakfast, just coffee. There was a charge for the shuttle to the port(about $8). The port is VERY close to this hotel. With the good deal i got with Priceline, it was quite reasonable. Very nice hotel with a pretty pool area.:)

The only Hotels that are going to provide transportation are the airport hotels out in the middle of nowhere.

If you are traveling all that way wouldn't you rather pay the extra few $ and stay on the strip next to the beach?

The Bahia is pretty nice and has a great location..

We stayed at the Westin Beach Resort on the beach. Got it on priceline for $80/night and it was a really nice hotel. And apparently the NFL has a deal with them because the Patriots where there before we got there and the Texans were there while we were there - they were playing the Dolphins on Sunday when our cruise left. So that was kinda cool...

bobabooey,

Most likely it will be much cheaper to do it on your own. RCL charges per person and I found that you if you look at the websites for each of the hotels they offer, you can find out exactly how much your room will be. You will then need to figure in the cost of transportation (taxi or car rental) to get you to your hotel choice and then on to the ship.

The plus side is that RCL takes the legwork out by getting you from the airport to the hotel then on to the port. The beauty of CC is that there is always someone who can help you figure it out on your own putting more money in your pocket.

Sheal

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th street. It was clean and served the purpose. It provided a free breakfast and shuttle service to the port which was only 5 minutes away. There are plenty of restaurants very nearby, walking distance, a Walgreens and I think there is a Publix close-by, I'm not sure about that. It is only about 10 minutes or so from the airport, check to see if the shuttle goes there as well.

Good luck and enjoy.

I wish I were going on a cruise soon, but my money just doesn't allow for it for awhile. My friends are always asking me when my next cruise is.

I stayed at and highly recommend the Hampton Inn at the airport. When I

stayed there it was $99 included free breakfast, free internet (in the lobby),

free airport pickup and free shuttle to the pier. You really cannot get better

than this. The prices may be higher now as that was 2 years ago.

It was a nice place and a lot of the cruise crowd stays there. If you are

only staying there 1 night prior I do not see the point in shlepping all

the way from the airport and paying cab fares only to spend less than

24 hours at a hotel near the beach. If you were staying 2 or more nights

I would say its worth it because there is really nothing to see at an airport

hotel (the other poster is right) but this is just a convenience issue then

stay at an airport hotel. Its maybe 10 minutes from the pier. I really

enjoyed the Hampton Inn. They had a pool. 24 hour in hotel conveniience

shop and they had all the extra toiletries for free if you forgot something.

If you want to see Fort Lauderdale or Miami then stay after the cruise when

you will appreciate it and extend your vacation!

bobabooey,

Most likely it will be much cheaper to do it on your own. RCL charges per person and I found that you if you look at the websites for each of the hotels they offer, you can find out exactly how much your room will be. You will then need to figure in the cost of transportation (taxi or car rental) to get you to your hotel choice and then on to the ship.

The plus side is that RCL takes the legwork out by getting you from the airport to the hotel then on to the port. The beauty of CC is that there is always someone who can help you figure it out on your own putting more money in your pocket.

Sheal

thanks for you help

• 2 weeks later...
is it cheaper to do our own pre-stay booking or use rcl for booking it?

99% of the time it is MUCH cheaper to do your own booking. You can get lots of help here. And using discount sites will save even more. Remember that cruiselines provide the service for those who don't want to do the research and shopping for good rates. How much is that time worth to you? RCL will charge per person. So what looks like a good deal, might indeed be the rate for ONE person. Thus making the rate for a room almost double what you could do on your own.

Same for cruiseline shuttle service. Unless there is only one person, the cab rate will beat the cruiseline rate all the time. And be a heck of alot faster too. :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on SR-84 in 2007 which had a free shuttle from the airport and one to the pier. Also free continental breakfast and a very small pool. There was a strip mall across the street w/a liquor and a grocery store. A few restaurants within walking distance.

We paid a premium for this however because it was Super Bowl week and the game was in Miami that year. I'm sure it's much cheaper now.

Archived