Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

If you don't want to spend a fortune on jewelry, but like to add bling, then I recommend Sam Moon. I have some fantastic jewelry from there. Many people on these boards recommend Charming Charlie also. I don't think you can buy online from them, so there needs to be a store near you.

Don't rule out Etsy. Many items are handmade, and the prices are very well also. In the attached picture, I'm wearing a necklace I purchased on Etsy for something like $15.00, and I love that it is one of a kind.

greendress.jpg

Wow! You look stunning. I love the necklace with the dress. Fab!

Maggiemou,

Love seeing all the pics of your gorgeous gowns and dresses! Thanks for the input - I tend to wear my good jewelry daily, and it is insured. And if I were just doing the cruise, I wouldn't be so concerned, it is the traveling around Europe in different hotels, etc. that I worry. I guess I could make sure each room has a safe; otherwise I would have to "wear" all my pieces at once and then folks would really think that I'm crazy! ummm.... I mean "eccentric" LOL

I've been collecting fine and good costume jewelry for years (probably 30 years) but I've never really liked diamond tennis bracelets or diamond necklaces, so on formal night I don't have any bling, except for rings and alot of chunky gold jewelry and that is just not as glamorous as diamonds or rhinestones in the evening!

My husband is saying "you aren't taking your good jewelry on this trip are you?" :eek: I'm going to tell him "what am I saving it for - if not a cruise!!!"

Debbie

This is probably a silly question but are there any websites that show cruise apparel, wardrobes, ideas, etc.? My last cruise was almost two years ago and a more casual itinerary and I want to know what the latest styles are for cruising and formal night.

Debbie

I think the best website is right here!

Sharon,

You are probably right! I've learned alot from these CC message boards!

I need to see more pics of what everyone has worn or is going to wear.

Come on ladies! I need to get some ideas! And my problem is I REALLY don't want to wear a long gown since I've gained a bit of weight. But after seeing some of the gorgeous gowns, I really want to find a few that are flattering - and I will also wear my Palazzo pants as well. I would love to see some pics of dressy evening pants with glittery tops, etc.

Debbie

Edited by Debinnova

Hi Maggiemou,

Wow - I have said it before and I'll say it again. A girl turns her back on the Fashions and Beauty thread for just a few days and misses all the fun. I love your sense of style and your creativity, and enjoyed looking at your photos very much. I was on the QM2 in 2011 and loved "frocking up" every night. I see we were on different Queens that year but I so wish you had been on Mary. :)

Sorry kids, I'm going to try this picture thing again. Maybe I can get it to work this time. My girls were 9 & just 11 in these pictures.

csl1204098x10grandstair.th.jpg

csl1204138x10ship2nd377.th.jpg

csl1204138x10hidgardenc.th.jpg

Great family photos:) everyone looks so nice and your girls

are so pretty!:D

Maggiemou,

Love seeing all the pics of your gorgeous gowns and dresses! Thanks for the input - I tend to wear my good jewelry daily, and it is insured. And if I were just doing the cruise, I wouldn't be so concerned, it is the traveling around Europe in different hotels, etc. that I worry. I guess I could make sure each room has a safe; otherwise I would have to "wear" all my pieces at once and then folks would really think that I'm crazy! ummm.... I mean "eccentric" LOL

I've been collecting fine and good costume jewelry for years (probably 30 years) but I've never really liked diamond tennis bracelets or diamond necklaces, so on formal night I don't have any bling, except for rings and alot of chunky gold jewelry and that is just not as glamorous as diamonds or rhinestones in the evening!

My husband is saying "you aren't taking your good jewelry on this trip are you?" :eek: I'm going to tell him "what am I saving it for - if not a cruise!!!"

Debbie

Quite right too Debbie.

I love my diamonds also.

Last year the prices of gold were high so I sold a lot off stuff I was never wearing. I decided to downscale. So here is what I did ladies.

I took all my pieces I never wore onto a jeweller and I decided to have a couple of nice rings made from what I had. Over the years I had collected a pendent with diamond and a few rings and I had an odd solitaire diamond from a stud earring I had lost the other earring. So I got all the diamonds and I designed a really unusual ring. I had it made in white gold and I was able to recycle all the diamonds. I also had my engagement ring modernised and added a few extra diamonds into the shafts.

Now this enabled me to free up stuff I never wore.

I now have two super rings one really OTT one but great for formal nights.

I have a diamond bracelet I bought in Dubai.

Dubai is great for jewellery shopping!

I wanted a new tennis bracelet as I had broken my older one. I was so overwhelmed with all the stuff I ended up with a bracelet that is totally bling bling ! (White diamonds with black ones on the rim.)

So much so that I wore it on Grand Princess last year and a young lady said to me I love your bracelet. Did you buy it in Next?

( For non Brits, Next is a high street fashion store) I did not want to appear as if I was showing off so I said yes, I believe I did. :)

Dubai BTW, the prices are good and I had my bracelet valued at home and it was twice as much as I paid.

I have also bought diamonds in Cape Town another good place to shop.

Sharon,

You are probably right! I've learned alot from these CC message boards!

I need to see more pics of what everyone has worn or is going to wear.

Come on ladies! I need to get some ideas! And my problem is I REALLY don't want to wear a long gown since I've gained a bit of weight. But after seeing some of the gorgeous gowns, I really want to find a few that are flattering - and I will also wear my Palazzo pants as well. I would love to see some pics of dressy evening pants with glittery tops, etc.

Debbie

Here are my black silk pants. The top was beaded in parts but doen't show up to much. I actually donated the top to the sale that they have on Cunard at the end of a World cruise. You can donate things you no longer need or stuff you have bought that you wish you hadn't:)

NEWYORK2011QE095_zps82b53463.jpg

This was another top I donated

DSC00497.jpg.

This is Karen Millen dress. I wear a lot of her stuff. No good if you are any bigger than a size 14 UK. Her clothes are small fitting.I am wearing the bling here Debbie;)

tuscany003.jpg

These are silk pants I have my pants made here in Cyprus. The top is Karen Millen. The pants are silver grey and I think it is a good colour to ring the changes with rather than black.

nDSC00325.jpg

Here are my black silk pants. The top was beaded in parts but doen't show up to much. I actually donated the top to the sale that they have on Cunard at the end of a World cruise. You can donate things you no longer need or stuff you have bought that you wish you hadn't:)

NEWYORK2011QE095_zps82b53463.jpg

This was another top I donated

DSC00497.jpg.

This is Karen Millen dress. I wear a lot of her stuff. No good if you are any bigger than a size 14 UK. Her clothes are small fitting.I am wearing the bling here Debbie;)

tuscany003.jpg

These are silk pants I have my pants made here in Cyprus. The top is Karen Millen. The pants are silver grey and I think it is a good colour to ring the changes with rather than black.

nDSC00325.jpg

That coral/red dress makes you look HOT!!

All the others are wonderful as well. great style.

Here are my black silk pants. The top was beaded in parts but doen't show up to much. I actually donated the top to the sale that they have on Cunard at the end of a World cruise. You can donate things you no longer need or stuff you have bought that you wish you hadn't

The end of the World Cruise sale is interesting to me, since I've never been fortunate enough to take a World Cruise. Am I right that people on the cruise buy the donated items? What happens to the money paid for them? Donating items sounds like a nice way to eliminate clothes that you no longer want.

The end of the World Cruise sale is interesting to me, since I've never been fortunate enough to take a World Cruise. Am I right that people on the cruise buy the donated items? What happens to the money paid for them? Donating items sounds like a nice way to eliminate clothes that you no longer want.

I didn't realize Cunard did this. I've read about it on some of the HAL blogs. Maggiemou, can you tell us a little more, please?

I didn't realize Cunard did this. I've read about it on some of the HAL blogs. Maggiemou, can you tell us a little more, please?

Yes, each year a week before the end of WC they have a fair and auction to raise money for charities. Two are the Prince trust and father Ray in Thailand. Since we are no longer on the ship I can post it here, I was the anonymous who double the Cunard take. They raised $9,100.00 I made it $18,200.00.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

Yes, each year a week before the end of WC they have a fair and auction to raise money for charities. Two are the Prince trust and father Ray in Thailand. Since we are no longer on the ship I can post it here, I was the anonymous who double the Cunard take. They raised $9,100.00 I made it $18,200.00.

M

It sounds like a fun activity that also benefits good charities. That was a very caring thing you did, Marie.

Bought 2 fun dresses yesterday at JCPenney on clearance~ The black one was $15 and the sequin one was $10~ I'll be wearing the sequin one to the Miss USA Pageant this Sunday in Vegas and then both of them on our 2~ 4day cruises next month on NCL~ Ignore how bad I look, took these in the dressing room! :p

e22a7a5c-1696-4229-a873-d178214c92e6.jpg

3b03f67d-e5b7-4d8f-a51c-bd27a28ffb8e.jpg

M

Marie, your kindness and generosity continue to amaze me!

M

All very impressive; good for you! A very nice thing to do.

Maggiemou,

Too funny about the "I bought it at Next" story! I have a beautiful perfectly white 5 ct diamond in a blingy setting and when I'm out at a bar and someone comes up and asks, "wow is that real?" (Can you believe people actually do that?) I smile and say "I wish!" because I'm worried they will follow me out the door and rob me! LOL

Your bracelets are gorgeous. I have a question. Most of my gold is yellow gold because I love it and have worn it for 30 plus years. My nicer diamond and a few bracelets are in white - but I love the gold. Do you see much of yellow gold in the evenings. I love to pile on 3 or 4 chunky bracelets and have a huge collection of vintage yellow gold cocktail rings from the 70's and 80's which I love! (I love BIG! LOL)

Debbie (I'm getting so excited for my upcoming cruises!)

M

A generous and beautiful gesture Marie.