Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I was out and about this morning and dropped by a Ross store that I have not been to before. I found this amazing jewel toned purple gown on clearance for $20.99! I love it and so does DH. I have never worn a dropped waist before, but I think it is very flattering on my evolving figure.:D

1416aac8-9243-4f4b-8b67-005ca6ec916c_zps1471040c.jpg

Lisa

I love it and you look amazing.

I think I bought a dress almost identical to this one in red last week at Ross - had never shopped there before but kept hearing all on here talking about the great bargains. I generally tend to have ONLY black formal wear so this was a change

reddress-1.png

sharon

Sigh. Some cute shoes there, but I really can't wear flats at all. Or rather, I can wear flats if they have really good ankle support. Even the Naturalizers I have are sort of iffy in that respect. BTW Lisa, awesome dress!

Your dress is beautiful...I noticed one of the shoes that you posted had a small heel...not sure if something like this would work for you, but I thought they were so pretty! I think I found them at Nordstom.:)

Another idea, the shoes that you posted that had the ankle strap...to dress them up, you could add some rhinestone shoe clips.

524263356_Blackslingbackeveningshoe.jpg.333ca56cb3b74a0f716cbd441ed27f24.jpg

I was out and about this morning and dropped by a Ross store that I have not been to before. I found this amazing jewel toned purple gown on clearance for $20.99! I love it and so does DH. I have never worn a dropped waist before, but I think it is very flattering on my evolving figure.:D

1416aac8-9243-4f4b-8b67-005ca6ec916c_zps1471040c.jpg

Lisa

What a great buy ! You look fabulous !

Lisa

I second that "WOW"! You look absolutely gorgeous and the dress is amazing. Way to go!

Hi all,

I could really use your input.

Earlier this week, I went out shopping intending to get a blingy blouse for formal night and unexpectedly, bought a black dress instead - this one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/js-collections-shirred-crepe-cocktail-dress/3457740?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=756&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-undefined_3_C

Even though I'm on the curvier side, this dress is lovely but now I'm stumped about shoes. Due to a SCI (spinal cord injury), I can't wear heels or strappy sandals (hence the plan to get a blouse).

I've been leaning toward wearing my Naturalizers (similar to http://www.naturalizer.ca/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0100835&pg=7006375 with much thinner laces) but found these (http://www.naturalizer.ca/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0110484&pg=7006710) and thought they might be a bit better.

Ideally, I'd like to wear my blue Keens but that probably wouldn't go over well.:p

Could you wear something like this?

http://www.easyspirit.com/Rondeau/55269579,default,pd.html?variantSizeClass=&variantColor=JJ4YCLE&cgid=51503731&prefn1=catalog-id&prefv1=easyspirit-catalog

Edited by Scrapnana

I love it and you look amazing.

I think I bought a dress almost identical to this one in red last week at Ross - had never shopped there before but kept hearing all on here talking about the great bargains. I generally tend to have ONLY black formal wear so this was a change

reddress-1.png

sharon

I think that is the same dress. :) I like how it has that little piece of fabric across where it drapes.

Lisa

Sorry for this stupid question: how to post a photo which is not thumbnail?

I remember reading someone asked the question not long ago but I cannot find it anymore....

I use Photobucket.com and upload my pictures there. After I edit the picture I click on the IMG link and paste that in the body of my post.

Lisa

Edited by RedHeadTexan

Ladies,

Can someone tell me how to post a picture in a post? I tried search function and couldn't locate the answer. Do I have to have it hosted somewhere online? If so, can someone recommend where?

I just bought a beaded top and I want to get opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,

Debbie

Ladies,

Can someone tell me how to post a picture in a post? I tried search function and couldn't locate the answer. Do I have to have it hosted somewhere online? If so, can someone recommend where?

I just bought a beaded top and I want to get opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,

Debbie

Hi Debbie....there are a few ways to post them. Many folks use

websites, Flickr, Photobucket, etc...and copy and paste the photo

here from that website.

There is also the way from your own computer.....when you

post a reply you will see a couple of fields below this box (the one

you type in) and it says "manage attachements"....if you click on there?

Another box will upon that says "browse"......that is to find a photo

on your computer and you can attach it to that browse field. It will

say "Upload"....and if you follow the instructions you should be

able to post your picture:)

thanks lois!

ladies,

can someone tell me how to post a picture in a post? I tried search function and couldn't locate the answer. Do i have to have it hosted somewhere online? If so, can someone recommend where?

I just bought a beaded top and i want to get opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,

debbie

Edited by Debinnova

I just grabbed this top on Ebay. I'm afraid it is a little old fashioned but I really wanted something dressy that had upper arm coverage and that would go with black flowy pants. I also loved the scalloped hem.

I'm thinking of this for formal nights? I still might find some gowns that I can live with, but just in case. I can't wear really high heels and I think gowns would look better with a heel.

Debbie

1655970631_beadedtop2013.jpg.831b13617d3be54adb64fface7f8ab87.jpg

I just grabbed this top on Ebay. I'm afraid it is a little old fashioned but I really wanted something dressy that had upper arm coverage and that would go with black flowy pants. I also loved the scalloped hem.

I'm thinking of this for formal nights? I still might find some gowns that I can live with, but just in case. I can't wear really high heels and I think gowns would look better with a heel.

Debbie

Hi Debbie....I think it is very pretty:D and I don't think it is old

fashioned. (Maybe I am just old? LOL)....seriously, with a pretty

skirt or dress slacks you will be just fine:)

Debbie

I think the top will be beautiful for formal night with black flowy pants. Has a vintage look (not old fashioned).

At best I can wear maybe a 1 1/2 inch heel. I have worn flats with gowns before. Being able to walk is my top priority!:D

There is also the way from your own computer.....when you

post a reply you will see a couple of fields below this box (the one

you type in) and it says "manage attachements"....if you click on there?

Another box will upon that says "browse"......that is to find a photo

on your computer and you can attach it to that browse field. It will

say "Upload"....and if you follow the instructions you should be

able to post your picture:)

Did you have to resize your photos to do this? I just tried it and every time I got "upload failed".

Debbie

If you love it, wear it.

I'd wear it most likely with some modern chunky gold jewelry to funk it up and add contrast. Maybe a wide bangle in a hammered texture. Nothing to busy or ornate to match with the top.

Did you have to resize your photos to do this? I just tried it and every time I got "upload failed".

Ohhh...your picture must be too large then....I have never had to

re-size mine.......maybe when I uploaded them from my camera

to my laptop they were the right size....can't help with how to resize

it though..sorry:(

Debbie

I do not think it is old fashioned I think it is cool vintage - sort of like me - you know turning 50 next month - BUT I have to say it was so nice today I was in the skater shop zummies with one of the twins and the sales lady seriously did not think one of the twins 16 was mine but that I had a 20 year old - she thought I was late 30s early 40s.

I love that top I could see it with a long chiffon type flowing skirt too

Debbie - what size are you I may have some gowns you can borrow

Sharon

I think that is the same dress. :) I like how it has that little piece of fabric across where it drapes.

Lisa

I do believe it is and I generally do not own or buy any formal type dresses long or short other than black but this one grabbed my attention - I loved the sytle and yes the extra fabric works great and with a spanx I will look hot - going to wear it the first formal night as I beleive knowing my mom and boys that is the night I will get embarassed for my birthday.

Sharon

Hi all,

I could really use your input.

Earlier this week, I went out shopping intending to get a blingy blouse for formal night and unexpectedly, bought a black dress instead - this one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/js-collections-shirred-crepe-cocktail-dress/3457740?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=756&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-undefined_3_C

Even though I'm on the curvier side, this dress is lovely but now I'm stumped about shoes. Due to a SCI (spinal cord injury), I can't wear heels or strappy sandals (hence the plan to get a blouse).

You might want to check out ballroom dance shoes. They can come in very low heels, there are sandals with wide bits so your toes don't stick out, and you can get ankle straps. They can be very glamorous and glitzy too. They do have wide widths as well. There are many companies and endless variety.

I know ballroom dancers who have old practice shoes that they wear to work because they are made to give comfort and support.

I see that even light in the box has some, and they are really cheap.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/dance-shoes_5957/5.html

1034309942_lowheeleddanceshoe.jpg.591166e29299c5a12fb29de472424c80.jpg

2071491545_goldlowballroom.jpg.404496be6c7cf8dd9a382b0f3558193f.jpg

I think the top will be beautiful for formal night with black flowy pants. Has a vintage look (not old fashioned).

At best I can wear maybe a 1 1/2 inch heel. I have worn flats with gowns before. Being able to walk is my top priority!:D

Thanks everyone for the comments on the top. I'm probably going to wear it with either a long flowy skirt or chiffony palazzo pants. Now I just have to figure out the shoes!

Debbie