Liquor in the Library

Cristallo

NO, that's not true. What they have is a wine dispenser type thing in Cellar Masters, a wine lounge, and it's not free.

Thanks for correcting that. I didn't see anything about it when I was booking the Eclipse not to mention the idea doesn't really fit with Celebrity's brand. Carnival is changing the library to a library bar and adding the dispensers and someone was saying Celebrity already does it.

I wanted to find out if this was true. On a thread on the Carnival side someone said that Celebrity has an automated wine dispenser in the ships library on one of is ships. Is that true?

If they did, I can guarantee that the library would be the most popular venue on the ship. Talk about promoting literacy!:D

If they did, I can guarantee that the library would be the most popular venue on the ship. Talk about promoting literacy!:D

I know you intended some humor here, but the sad and ironic twist here is that the bar where the wine machines are located, Cellar Masters, often seems under utilized.

I seldom if ever see people actually using all the Enomatic machines. On the Constellation last March we decided to try the machines one night getting a small sample of a relatively expensive chardonnay we'd had the night before in a specialty restaurant. It tasted pretty stale and completely different from the fresh bottle opened the prior night. I know these machines' claim to fame is their ability to keep wines very fresh, but perhaps the usage on the ships is so slow that it exceeds their ability to do so. So if one does decide to try the machines I'd recommend starting with the smallest sample size available rather than jumping in for a large glass.

We also had bad experiences with the machinery -- sometime nothing came out at all, sometimes our SeaPass card was not allowed, and when we did get it all straightened out by a passing waiter, the wine tasted awful. I predict their early demise, based on the small number of people who we saw in that space.

I'm glad to know that it's in another space. I'm looking forward to sailing with Celebrity. After the changes CCL is doing I just don't think I'm the demographic they are looking for. I like to drink but I also like to read quietly in the library and to my understanding CCL is adding a full bar with bartender to the library not just the machines. :(

I'm glad to know that it's in another space. I'm looking forward to sailing with Celebrity. After the changes CCL is doing I just don't think I'm the demographic they are looking for. I like to drink but I also like to read quietly in the library and to my understanding CCL is adding a full bar with bartender to the library not just the machines. :(

I guess Carnival should change the space name from Library to Bar With A Few Books Laying Around, or Enjoy trying to Read Bar, or Cosmos and Comics.

Den

I wanted to find out if this was true. On a thread on the Carnival side someone said that Celebrity has an automated wine dispenser in the ships library on one of is ships. Is that true?

From our June Solstice cruise in the Med, below is some photographic proof that there is no wine dispenser there. Sorry!! It's wonderful-looking area, but it would be much more busy if they had such a wine dispenser. For more on the Solstice, check out all of the pictures from my live/blog noted below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 43,054 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. It is a nice-looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

From our June Solstice cruise in the Med, below is some photographic proof that there is no wine dispenser there. Sorry!! It's wonderful-looking area, but it would be much more busy if they had such a wine dispenser. For more on the Solstice, check out all of the pictures from my live/blog noted below.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 43,054 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. It is a nice-looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

Wonder what's in Grandma's cup?

Wonder what's in Grandma's cup?

Given the time of day when I shot that picture and her "look/style/dress", it's a good bet that it was coffee in that cup. That type of cup doesn't work too well for wine.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 43,142 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived