How about when the ship departure at 8:30 pm

Hi guys

I have a question , most of the cruises that I have been departed either at 4;30 or 5pm, the docuemtns tell you not to get there early because bla bla bla , but I still get there ar 10 and im onboard by 11 or later

But how about the the departure is at 8;30 , adventure from san juan. If I show up in the morning like at 11 am will I be able to get on the ship? Thanks .

Your boarding time will be stated in your cruise docs. :) :)

Yes, but don't believe it. We have sailed out of San Juan 3 times and have been on the ship no later that 11:45. The ship will return to San Juan from the previous cruise at around 6:00am. The reason for the 8:30pm departure is so that people arriving to San Juan in the afternoon have a chance to get to the ship before departure.

When we sailed Adventure from San Juan, we left our hotel at 11:00 and got to the pier about 11:15. It was crazy busy since people were still disembarking but we waited in the lines and were onboard by 12:30.

We noticed that around 2:00, it seemed a lot quieter, probably because all previous passengers were off and the lineup to embark was not quite so bad. Guess most people had the same idea as us... to board early! ;)

This year, we're sailing Serenade from San Juan and also don't sail until 8:00 or 8:30 p.m. but we'll probably still be at the port between 11:00 and 12:00. :D

We got to the Pan Am Pier at about 10:30. Next time I'm getting there at 10. The porters don't start taking your luggage until 11 a.m. We were a little delayed in boarding because there were 5 people they couldn't locate who were still on the ship. After they tracked them down, dragged them out of hiding and tossed them off the ship we were allowed to board. We were in the Windjammer by 11:45 I think.

Sailaway at 8:30 was nice, but it started to rain so there was a mass exodus from the pool deck for indoors. Went to our aft cabin and watched PR fade into the darkness. Made a phone call to the folks back home on my cell phone while we were aways out from PR with no problems. Can't wait to do that cruise again!

Hi Does anyone know if they serve dinner in the MDR when departure is at 8:30pm? You all mentioned lunch but not dinner. We have dinner at 6:00PM in the MDR and we were wondering if they will serve dinner in the MDR with a late departure. We have never sailed this late before. Thank You.

Rhonda

Hi Does anyone know if they serve dinner in the MDR when departure is at 8:30pm? You all mentioned lunch but not dinner. We have dinner at 6:00PM in the MDR and we were wondering if they will serve dinner in the MDR with a late departure. We have never sailed this late before. Thank You.

Rhonda

Yes they do...the time is adjusted a bit due to muster drill at 8:00 p.m. I think early seating stayed the same...and late seating was 8;45..

Your boarding time will be stated in your cruise docs. :) :)

But don't pay a lot of attention to that time or you will find that most of your fellow passengers have already been onboard for hours. Most ships, regardless of their scheduled departure time, begin boarding no later than noon and often forty five minutes to an hour earlier. Once the ship has been cleared of its previous sailing's passengers and most of the turnaround work has been completed, they will begin boarding new passengers.

Archived