Bottled water.

steele Bunny

Does anyone know how many bottles of water you can bring on the ship with you? We are sailing on the Dream on Oct 22nd. Do they leave bottled water in your room? How much does it cost per bottle? Can't wait for the 22nd. Also I heard that you can bring two bottles of wine onboard with you. Is that right? Hope so, love my wine!!

You can bring 12 nonalcoholic bottles, 20 oz or less in your carry on only.

(if you check them, may be confiscated and then wonder why).

The ones they sell onboard are pretty expensive. A small bottle for around $2 and a big bottle that seems to be around $3.50? By the time you add the tip on it. It can add up fast.

The water is filtered, so I just bring one empty bottle of water and fill it at the buffet.

I always bring bottles of water with me on our cruises. I refill them them at the buffet or any dining area and you also save money by not having to buy bottled water as you exit the ship for your excursions.

Regarding wine, will you be allowed to bring any wine that you bring on board into the dining room or can it only be used in your own cabin?

We are going on the new Celebrity Silhouette on November 30th - anyone else sailing on that ship?

The water on ships is more pure than anything that you can purchase. We bring a couple of bottles aboard with us as well Thermos refillable bottles and just keep them filled from the tap. The water from the tap is a bit warm so we keep the refilled bottles in the fridge or add a couple of ice cubes to the Thermos bottles.

The water from the tap is filtered, and you can take a bottle, although these days they are so thin they don't travel well so I prefer a sports bottle to any of the fountains around and fill it. So before you plan on carrying around tons of bottles of water, think about why you might want to do that. Not saying you shouldn't but don't do it automatically.

If you don't feel the filteres water is pure enough for you, Brita makes a water bottle with a filter, available at WalMart for $10 or less...EM

You can also get all sorts of water filtration and purification systems at camping supply stores. My system handles viruses as well as larger stuff, organics, and particulate matter.

DON

Not sure what your need is for your own sealed water, but like the others noted ship processed water was pretty good IMHO. We simply brought our own stainless bottles and filled them up.

You can bring 12 nonalcoholic bottles, 20 oz or less in your carry on only.

(if you check them, may be confiscated and then wonder why).

The ones they sell onboard are pretty expensive. A small bottle for around $2 and a big bottle that seems to be around $3.50? By the time you add the tip on it. It can add up fast.

The water is filtered, so I just bring one empty bottle of water and fill it at the buffet.

Thanks everyone for your replays. I drink a lot of water so now I will bring my sports bottle and use theirs. We will also be traveling with family with young children so they were wondering about the water also. I was glad to hear about the wine. I always get the drink of the day, but a little wine in the cabin at night always good.. Hope you all have great cruises!!!

Water on board cruise ships is (mostly) made on board either using a reverse osmosis system that pushes the water through extremely fine membranes thereby eliminating just about everything except pure H2O, or with a flash evaporation system which is much like a distillation process, which also produces pure H2O. A small amount of chlorine is added to keep the lines clean, and in some cases a small amount of minerals are added since absolutely pure water is not as healthy as you might think. So shipboard water is not simply filtered, it is purified.

There are times when cruise ships will take on water in some ports however.

For the most part, shipboard water is far more pure than anything you will buy in the supermarket (other than distilled water). Except for a few brands, much of the bottled water is simply tap water from its place of origin which has been filtered a little bit.

Archived