What services could Princess add?

Working 2 Cruise

After reading all these "Wish Lists" the one that stands out to me is "No Hot Breakfast" from roomservice..then what is there :confused:..I hate continental breakfast..if it's not hot it isn't breakfast...Sorry but I will be a new Princess cruiser this coming Feb '12 and I guess I've always taken this for granted to enjoy on my balcony on the many cruises I've sailed with RCI...

Very interesting posts and good discussions!

I would like to see something more special for mini-suites besides just having a larger room. As is, on some ships the balcony area is bigger on certain other balcony categories than the mini-suite (and I know this from personal experience). On the older ships, this probably can't be fixed so this is a moot point.

It would be nice to have a hot breakfast for balconies and mini-suites. Sure - many people say they write it in and get it, but others have said they don't get it. I'd actually like to see it on the menu you fill out at night before you retire for the evening.

I don't think having priority for Elite to board the tenders is that big of deal (and I'm not Elite) - to me it's not that different than boarding first class before coach on a plane. Plus- how many Elite are actually going to show up at the same time?

I heard that the popcorn for MUTS is no longer buttered. I love butter on my popcorn like at the movies at home - give me my own butter pump and salt shaker at a separate table for me to personalize my own popcorn! :)

Enforce the rules! Especially about chair hogs, adult only areas, and smoking areas. What's the point of rules if they aren't enforced?

I would also love to see co-ed sauna's on all ships. I still don't think this is the case for some of the smaller one's. But this may be to expensive to renovate and may be moot too.

How about donation boxes for clothing and other things that you don't want to take home with you, also, for items left on lounges longer than 1/2 hour. The boxes would be delivered to the next port.

Ditto this one. We donate paperbacks to the ship's library to save carting them home.

A lemonaide dispenser right next to the iced tea dispenser in the buffet. The way it is now you have to hunt down a buffet server in order to get a glass and many times they have to go off somewhere to get it.

That would be great!! We always order two each so we don't have to hunt them down. Self-service would be benefit to the staff for sure.

How about an afternoon matinee of the evening show. This way it would allow people to attend more of the other evening events. It would also allow some of the younger cruisers to attend the performance and get exposed to entertainment not on a video screen.

I alos would agree with the interactive tv's in the cabins to check accounts and see other items that could be presented to them. Like movie schedules, dining room menus, upcoming events, port information. If hotels can do it why can not the ships.

How about an afternoon matinee of the evening show. This way it would allow people to attend more of the other evening events. It would also allow some of the younger cruisers to attend the performance and get exposed to entertainment not on a video screen.

I alos would agree with the interactive tv's in the cabins to check accounts and see other items that could be presented to them. Like movie schedules, dining room menus, upcoming events, port information. If hotels can do it why can not the ships.

When we were on the Ocean Princess in the spring, the second seating performance was before dinner, at 7pm. I know this is not the afternoon.

I would like to see interactive TV's where you can check your shipboard account, order room service, view dining room menus and book shore excursions. Our last cruise on RCI had this, and I thought it was very convenient.

That would be great. Our last Celebrity cruise had this too; we especially liked that there were quite a few 'free' movies that you could just order from the tv whenever you felt like watching them. On Princess, it's hard to catch the beginning of a movie since the times are not listed anywhere anymore. I know there's a guide on the tv but it takes incredible patience to use it.

The selection could have been better, but still....

On many Princess cruises this is included as an insert in the embarkation day Patter. It may be up to the Cruise Director if this is done or not.

I haven't seen this for a while. They used to have a tv movie schedule for the week on a printed folder, but no more. MUTS at least is in the daily paper.

I haven't seen this for a while. They used to have a tv movie schedule for the week on a printed folder, but no more. MUTS at least is in the daily paper.

We did not have a printed schedule on our recent Dawn cruise, but there was a guide on the TV. I can't remember the channel, but I think it was in the low 20's

That would be great. Our last Celebrity cruise had this too; we especially liked that there were quite a few 'free' movies that you could just order from the tv whenever you felt like watching them. On Princess, it's hard to catch the beginning of a movie since the times are not listed anywhere anymore. I know there's a guide on the tv but it takes incredible patience to use it.

The selection could have been better, but still....

Same here. I've given up on trying to see when any movie begins on Princess's TV's. The best I can do is only to see what movie's might be on that day- forget about the starting time. It next to impossible to use and I hate to watch something 20 minutes into the movie.

It has been there on every Princess cruise we have taken in the last year.

Our last Princess cruise was the Emerald last December, and there was no schedule. We're on the Coral this December, so I'm hoping for one.

I know there is a channel of the tv that has the tv guide, but it takes forever to watch it.

Perked coffee (not from syrup) available every day every place.

Juice/soda pop available in the MDR.

The main swimming pool being made into a colorful water fountain in the areas where its too chilly to swim outside.

I am not a smoker, but I believe one side of the ship, should be allowed for smokers on open decks.

Since they are going non smoking, the cigar bar is gonna be spurting/leaking out smoke like crazy - maybe a really good ventalation system that sucks that air/smoke out the back of the ship - pollute the air - not the other passengers.

New menus...they have been serving up the same food for years and years - it otta be perfect every time since they cook the same things over and over every week!

A MDR for those that perfer to dress formal and another MDR for those that want to dress casual - this is the best of both worlds...you dine with those that you feel are dressed as you are, and yet the others also get the benefit of the MDR (which they paid for) and not having to eat at a buffet nor pay extra in the speciality restaurants.

A system for the pool - chair hogs. Not sure how that would be done, but someway to see that someone has been gone for 30 minutes from their chair.

Do away with the pre-made sanwiches at the lunch buffet and have an area at the buffet where they make fresh sandwiches with your choice of breads and fillings. Its done on HAL and Celebrity and is very popular.

Actually the pre-made sandwiches are disgusting. I'd rather take my own ingredients & make up my own sandwich.

I think it would be grand if someone enforced the chosen dining venue of cruisers. If you booked, and confirmed, in traditional, you should not be allowed to use Anytime dining rooms.........at least until after 9:00pm. The last cruise we were on, we had booked a year ahead, booked anytime dining, and were only able to eat in the dining room twice on a week's cruise. We ate in the Horizon Court every other night. The anytime dining rooms were full from 5:00 until 9:00pm, and even when we called early in the morning, they were full and we were not allowed to make reservations. We are platinum so have been on Princess several times. When asking the maitre'd why the anytime dining rooms were so full and even booked so far ahead, he said that the traditional diners liked to use anytime if they were late back from ports, or wanted to see an early show. I asked him about having to stay with the option you originally booked, and he said it was a shipboard decision. I really dislike this situation. I don't remember being affected by this situation ever before on a Princess Cruise. Maybe it's the separate Anytime dining rooms on the bigger ships........maybe they need to be bigger, or traditional dining be done away with. There were MANY empty tables in Traditional dining each time we checked.

Why does everyone want to spend their whole cruise in their room?

Just because we want to watch a movie now and then doesn't mean we spend the whole cruise in our room! We're out and about plenty, but sometimes it's nice to just get away from the crowds, the sun, whatever, and relax with a movie or book--or nap.

Plus, we stay up late but aren't partyiers, so a late night movie is great.

Archived