Thermal suites and Hydrotherapy pool cost

Tender Lee

Does anyone know what the cost is of the Thermal suites and Hydrotherapy pool. We are going on the Zuiderdam for 11 days in December and would like to pre-book the entire 11 days. Called HAL to reserve and was told the cost is $250.00 per person for the 11 days. Has anyone booked on the ship and received a savings over the cost of pre-booking?

We just paid $249 FOR TWO PERSONS for 10 days on the Noordam a few weeks ago. We have also paid $199 (also for 2) for 10 days on other ships, so it varies a bit.

If you purchase now at $250 per person, and it is cheaper once you board, they will refund the difference on your On Board Account. $250 per person definitely seems out of whack ;)

I hope this is the case. Laffnvegas indicated she just got the 14 day package for 1 on the O for 299. We called and prereserved this and we were charged 499 If they sell onboard for 299, it will be nice to have the $ refunded

Can you pay per day ?? We are on the Westerdam for 30 days next year ---- doubt we would go on port days.

Yes, you can pay per day if they have not sold out. They say that they only sell so many passes.??. Sometimes I question that...

We paid $199 for 2 people for 10 days last year on the Noordam.

I would suggest, if you have not used the spa before, to try it before you commit to the full cruise.

I have mobility problems and found it very difficult to get in and out of the pool - I found it very slippery - so only went there a couple of times.

Also, on our cruise the area was very busy and a bit noisy. I wish we had sampled it before buying the 10 days.

On Eurodam in Jan. was $30 for this solo traveller for one day.

$30.00 for a day pass!??!! I love the hydropool and thermal loungers, but no way would I pay $30.00 a day for it!! Sorry that you did. Perhaps that is what they charge for a day pass, but I always get it for the duration of the cruise for A LOT less. If I remember correctly, my last cruise was a 14 nighter and I paid $180.00. I am not sure if my mariner status gave me a discount or not. Perhaps they have raised the price's. :(

$30.00 for a day pass!??!! I love the hydropool and thermal loungers, but no way would I pay $30.00 a day for it!! Sorry that you did. Perhaps that is what they charge for a day pass, but I always get it for the duration of the cruise for A LOT less. If I remember correctly, my last cruise was a 14 nighter and I paid $180.00. I am not sure if my mariner status gave me a discount or not. Perhaps they have raised the price's. :(

And... always book when you are onboard, not online!

I'm not at all sorry I bought it and very much enjoyed the day with two or three visits IIRC.

As I did when I boarded the Eurodam, I'll inquire as to the rates when I board the Ryndam in Jan. and make my decision then about getting the whole week or a couple of day passes instead.

As I did when I boarded the Eurodam, I'll inquire as to the rates when I board the Ryndam in Jan. and make my decision then about getting the whole week or a couple of day passes instead.

Just realize that the pool on the Ryndam is not at all like it is on the E-dam. It's more of a hot tub.

I'm not at all sorry I bought it and very much enjoyed the day with two or three visits IIRC.

That's the main thing. You enjoyed your time there. Have a wonderful cruise on the Ryndam!

Just realize that the pool on the Ryndam is not at all like it is on the E-dam. It's more of a hot tub.

Thanks Ruth and others have mentioned how different it is but think I'll check out prices when I board and see how it looks and how I feel and go from there.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Ryndam!

Thanks! I hope I miss the worst of the winter the time I'm away. ;)

I hope this is the case. Laffnvegas indicated she just got the 14 day package for 1 on the O for 299. We called and prereserved this and we were charged 499 If they sell onboard for 299, it will be nice to have the $ refunded

I just called Ship Services because I am in the same boat ;). I pre-reserved at $499 for 2 people (14-day Vista class). I told her that my friend is on the Oosterdam right now on the 14-day cruise to Hawaii and paid $299 for 2 people. She insisted that $299 is for one person, $499 is for 2. But we all know how we get different stories from HAL corporate vs the ship (right Joanie)? So I will check as soon as I get onboard to see if the price is lower and just get a refund.

I have purchased the thermal suite/hydro pool package three times -the first time was great but after that sailing, I had my money refunded twice because it was so poorly managed. There appears to be no control by the spa management or staff of this product (on 2 different ships) - they say that they sell only a certain amount of 'passes' but I don't buy that. There are only 5 thermal beds and no matter what time between 9am-7pm we tried to use them, all of them were being used. Also, there is no way to tell when people leave the thermal bed area without going in and checking so if you manage to get a bed and are relaxing, the door is continually opening with people checking to see if a bed is available. On our last sailing, people were actually sitting on the window sill and floor hanging out and talking in the thermal bed area - not relaxing at all to hear people chatting in what is billed as a relaxation area- not that I was able to get a thermal bed. The spa staff did nothing even after I complained - that was the 2nd time I asked for a refund (this was only the 2nd day of the cruise). Will never book this again.

I have purchased the thermal suite/hydro pool package three times -the first time was great but after that sailing, I had my money refunded twice because it was so poorly managed. There appears to be no control by the spa management or staff of this product (on 2 different ships) - they say that they sell only a certain amount of 'passes' but I don't buy that. There are only 5 thermal beds and no matter what time between 9am-7pm we tried to use them, all of them were being used. Also, there is no way to tell when people leave the thermal bed area without going in and checking so if you manage to get a bed and are relaxing, the door is continually opening with people checking to see if a bed is available. On our last sailing, people were actually sitting on the window sill and floor hanging out and talking in the thermal bed area - not relaxing at all to hear people chatting in what is billed as a relaxation area- not that I was able to get a thermal bed. The spa staff did nothing even after I complained - that was the 2nd time I asked for a refund (this was only the 2nd day of the cruise). Will never book this again.

This happened to me as well on the Noordam. I did not complain to the staff, but should have. It is not very relaxing when other's are talking and such. Port day's are better though.

This happened to me as well on the Noordam. I did not complain to the staff, but should have. It is not very relaxing when other's are talking and such. Port day's are better though.

I agree. On Eurodam in Jan. my day pass was a sea day and it was as a result busier during the day with chatty smaller groups waiting for loungers but the evening I was the only one there for most of my 60 minute visit so very relaxing.

I agree. On Eurodam in Jan. my day pass was a sea day and it was as a result busier during the day with chatty smaller groups waiting for loungers but the evening I was the only one there for most of my 60 minute visit so very relaxing.

Love the evening's there too! After being busy all day (or not), it's a great way to unwind before heading off to those nice HA bed's. :)

Archived