Great Stirrup Cay Updates and Photos

bdaddyiii

Day7GreatStirrupCay31.jpg

Straw market with hippo slide in background and family beach area in front of hippo slide.

Day7GreatStirrupCay32.jpg

More Straw market I think there were six of these little buildings.

Day7GreatStirrupCay33.jpg

Hippo slide.

Day7GreatStirrupCay34.jpg

Snorkel shack next to family beach area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay35.jpg

Our clam shell with straw market in the background.

Thanks for the picture of the clam shell. Was not my vision, thinking of a clam shell! LOL

Were there lockers? And when did you rent the clam shell, wondering if you can do so online. Also, were you worried about your camera and belongings if there was not a locker? We are going next month.

[ATTACH]222354[/ATTACH]

Here is a sneak peak at part of the lazy river. It appears to be all done. It goes from the tender area all the way to the other side of the island near were the jet-skis are. Not sure what they are waiting on to open it up:confused:

1874946214_LazyRiver2.jpg.144b6ac1fe8faca833a3b41484340075.jpg

LazyRiver1.jpg.ffcdcf97fc275a0ab4477acef2bbce92.jpg

[ATTACH]222354[/ATTACH]

Here is a sneak peak at part of the lazy river. It appears to be all done. It goes from the tender area all the way to the other side of the island near were the jet-skis are. Not sure what they are waiting on to open it up:confused:

I'll be there in April. Does it look like it just goes one way, or is it a loop that you can keep going around? Did you get to see how the cabanas are coming along?

I'll be there in April. Does it look like it just goes one way, or is it a loop that you can keep going around? Did you get to see how the cabanas are coming along?

Looks like you're there just before I am .. could you check back with the progress as of then? I'd LOVE if EITHER of these (lazy river/cabanas) were completed by April!!

Looks like you're there just before I am .. could you check back with the progress as of then? I'd LOVE if EITHER of these (lazy river/cabanas) were completed by April!!

Hope we have great weather so we can tender. I plan to take lots of pictures, and will report when I get back. I'm hoping someone else is there between now and April, that can give us some updates.

Hope we have great weather so we can tender. I plan to take lots of pictures, and will report when I get back. I'm hoping someone else is there between now and April, that can give us some updates.

That would be me. If anyone has ever read any of my reviews...I REVIEW...with every detail and TONS of pictures. I will be there next month on March 19th or 20th (can't remember) and I will give a full update and pictures. :D

That would be me. If anyone has ever read any of my reviews...I REVIEW...with every detail and TONS of pictures. I will be there next month on March 19th or 20th (can't remember) and I will give a full update and pictures. :D

Ooh I can't wait to read your review and see new pics! We'll be there on Aprl 13th.

The lazy river just goes one way from just to the side of the tender area to the other side of the island where they have the jetskis, no loop:(. The only thing I saw as far as cabanas looked like the front frames of two on a flat bed trailer.

They were busy doing work when we were there. Mostly saw some heavy equipment moving material around. Not sure what that was all about. They wouldn't let you over in the area they are working in, I'm sure it's safer that they don't, but sure would like to know:)

Can't wait to see your review! We will be there Easter Week!

[ATTACH]222354[/ATTACH]

The lazy river just goes one way from just to the side of the tender area to the other side of the island where they have the jetskis, no loop:(. The only thing I saw as far as cabanas looked like the front frames of two on a flat bed trailer.

They were busy doing work when we were there. Mostly saw some heavy equipment moving material around. Not sure what that was all about. They wouldn't let you over in the area they are working in, I'm sure it's safer that they don't, but sure would like to know:)

Thanks for the pictures and update!!

Thanks for the pictures. Alot has changed since I was there this past March. I saw some pictures that were new to me, so I gather they are the adult only beach. I look forward to seeing it next week.

what exactly is the adult only? Clothing NOT optional? haha

Seem they would put a nicer / better / taller gate . Kids will be kids. lol

My concern is shade without renting the clam shell. I would burn up in there. Believe me, I am menopausal. So my concern 1st about the river is sent we don't get out where we first get on how hard and long is the walk back. Sometimes having to walk in the sand is so hard esp for someone with heart or lung issues. It has been 11 years since I was at labadee but I remember it being a long walk back to the food. My mom had a heart issue and wasnt able to do anything as it tired her out so. They may have changed it though

Knowing that there are so many folks wanting to see photos, I took a LOT of them while were there last Tuesday. I've posted some of them in this thread on the main boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32583647#post32583647 . Also in that thread is a link to the album on webshots, so if you'd like to see more, or want to see them at full-size, you can do so.

They are making amazing progress on the island, and I think you're really going to like what you see. Considering they can only do major work on days when there are no ships there, it's fairly amazing that they've accomplished as much as they have.

Enjoy!

Is there priotrity tendering? I know on RCL it is only on Grand Suites so I was wondering about the mini-suites?

Priority Tendering is offered to all guests in full suites (categories which begin with the letter "S." That being said, the process moves rather quickly because the island has it's own tenders, so you won't have to wait all that long if you're not in a suite.

In past years, everyone worried about getting to the island in time to snag a chair/clamshell/spot on the beach. Now that they've done so much work to the island, and expanded the beach areas, there's plenty of space and chairs for everyone.

You'll have a fabulous time, regardless of how early you're able to hop a tender. No worries. ;)

My concern is shade without renting the clam shell. I would burn up in there. Believe me, I am menopausal. So my concern 1st about the river is sent we don't get out where we first get on how hard and long is the walk back. Sometimes having to walk in the sand is so hard esp for someone with heart or lung issues. It has been 11 years since I was at labadee but I remember it being a long walk back to the food. My mom had a heart issue and wasnt able to do anything as it tired her out so. They may have changed it though

There really is quite a bit of shade available without getting a clam shell. It's hard packed sand throughout until you get to the actual beach. There are also beach wheelchairs there if she wants to go to the water.

Priority Tendering is offered to all guests in full suites (categories which begin with the letter "S." That being said, the process moves rather quickly because the island has it's own tenders, so you won't have to wait all that long if you're not in a suite.

If I'm not mistaken, if you have an excursion booked you also get to grab one of the earlier tenders. My daughter and I have 1130am parasailing booked and since we arrive at the island at 11am, I'm guessing they'll want to get us over there.

If I'm not mistaken, if you have an excursion booked you also get to grab one of the earlier tenders. My daughter and I have 1130am parasailing booked and since we arrive at the island at 11am, I'm guessing they'll want to get us over there.

That's correct. Excursions also get priority tender. Your excursion tickets serve as your "pass".

Is your daughter an experience in parasailing? I saw this excursion but not sure what they meant by for children. My 14yrs old daughter wants to do this whilst my so and I don't. I would like to know:

How safe is it for a child without any experience to take part?

If we don't do it but only be there to watch her, do we pay the same fare?

Many thanks.

Archived