Price increase

lorrdean

we are going on the serenade of the seas next june, I have just been on RCC to check prices jsut to see if there has possibly been a price drop. What a shock I got, our cruise same dates same departure port same itinerary same inside cabin was £1500 DEARER. :eek:

my question is, is this a normal practice?

Have been booked on Serenade since this past May, for the January 21st sailing and our prices have also gone up! Don't know why, but I still check for price drops! :confused: I'm sure it's not going to happen but it's just habit! :rolleyes:

I subscribed to a service that alerts to price changes. The Med cruise I am on in July has also increased in price by $750 per person with the lower price cabins going up higher than the more expensive suites (proportionately)

We are booked on the June 10th 10 day cruise on the serenade. We have a cat D1 and our kids are across the hall in an inside category K. The cruise for the 4 of us has gone up $4800 since we booked in July. Crazy! I keep checking for price drops, but highly doubt it. Feels good to be saving that much money, although it is definitely out of reach if we had to pay that much. Just wish I could find a good deal on airfare from California.

I noticed this too. Our balcony cabin for July on the Serenade is $1,200 more per person than when I booked it at the end of August. And there are loads of rooms available, so it's not like inventory is getting tight. I'm guessing that we'll see some big price drops once we get into 2012.

Pricing is based and supply and demand. If a cruise is selling well then rates usually go up. Just the opposite if it isn't selling well.

I am suspicious that there is a certain time out before a cruise that they raise the prices for awhile no matter how well, or not, it might be selling. I suspect they use it as scare tactic for those you may be monitoring prices to make them think the cruise is selling well and pricing is headed up. If it doesn't work to get those folks off the fence and get them to book then the pricing comes back down.

It may not be true but it is a little theory that I have.

We are booked on the June 10th 10 day cruise on the serenade. We have a cat D1 and our kids are across the hall in an inside category K. The cruise for the 4 of us has gone up $4800 since we booked in July. Crazy! I keep checking for price drops, but highly doubt it. Feels good to be saving that much money, although it is definitely out of reach if we had to pay that much. Just wish I could find a good deal on airfare from California.

we are also glad that we booked early as well :D as it would definitely be well out of our reach otherwise.

I booked an outside cabin I-GTY in August for a 12 night Fjords and Iceland cruise on the Jewel. I upgraded to a E2 balcony later on in the month and have been watching the booking charges daily.

In September/October the price was $800.00 total more than I paid and this morning the price increased by $1,500.00 total!! :eek:

I will keep watching because my cruise is not until June 20th!

I am suspicious that there is a certain time out before a cruise that they raise the prices for awhile no matter how well, or not, it might be selling. I suspect they use it as scare tactic for those you may be monitoring prices to make them think the cruise is selling well and pricing is headed up. If it doesn't work to get those folks off the fence and get them to book then the pricing comes back down.

It may not be true but it is a little theory that I have.

I think you may be on to something, if you raise prices early enough there is plenty of time to bring them back down if need be. Good thinking. :)

Our cabins on the Serenade for the May 29 sialing to the Mediteranean has also increased by $1400 per person since I booked the day bookings were available. The 3rd person in our sons cabin has also increased $300. That's a savings of $5700. I do believe the prices will come back down as there are plenty of cabins still available. They really discounted this same time fram this year as the cruise got closer to the sailing date.

Just the other day I booked for a 4 day cruise on Queen Mary leaving in March next year - one of the segments of the World Tour. Now these sectors are impossible to come by, they get released one minute - you get an email, and by the time you ring up (instantly in one case) then the suites have gone. But the prices are really really great. So, not sure about the rise and demand theory.

Archived