Budget Car Rental?

Janice Romano

Yes. But be aware that you have 2 options. You can rent from the airport location or the 17th. Ave (could be Street not Ave) shopping center location (opposite the Renaissance Hotel). As I recall, the airport location uses a big bus that accomodates a number of rental companies. Last time we rented from Budget's 17th Ave location we were picked up in a smaller mini bus.

Not only is the 17th St location closer with less crowds BUT

you do not pay the various airport taxes.

Jack

Check out the prices both ways. Last time we rented a car from the FLL port, we compared prices and it was going to be more expensive to rent from the 17th street location than the airport even after the extra taxes.

Check out the prices both ways. Last time we rented a car from the FLL port, we compared prices and it was going to be more expensive to rent from the 17th street location than the airport even after the extra taxes.

I found the it to be the same for our car rental after our upcoming Emerald cruise later this month. The airport was considerable cheaper overall.

We often stay at the Renaissance pre or post cruise. If we rent a car from Budget across the street they allow us to park it at of their spots at night. Saves us $20 or $30/day (cannot remember which) parking fee that the Ren charges.

I just booked Budget , but I am renting in Orlando-returning to 17th St. then after the cruise I am renting at 17th St. returning to Orlando. I found that renting from 17th St. was cheaper by $20 or so at the 17th St. rather than at the airport. I used a code for Amex though. Budget was one that wasn't charging a $200.00 one way fee, I looked into just keeping the car while on the cruise and it was $10.00 difference more over the one way!

Could someone tell me if there is a Budget Car Rental shuttle at the pier port to take us to the airport?

Yes.

No. See below...

As I recall, the airport location uses a big bus that accomodates a number of rental companies...

Budget is not one of the companies which participates in the airport shuttle bus. I know this from experience - they would not take us to the pier after returning the car, so we took a cab for about 15 bucks, no biggie. But as stated, they do not participate.

If it's important to you to have a free shuttle, you'll need to look into their other location, not the airport.

Which car hire companies do offer a free shuttle from the port to FLL airport and do you need to pre book this service.

Many thanks.

I think only Alamo/National/Dollar have a shuttle to the

airport, we waited over 2 hours for the promised Budget shuttle

which never arrived.

On getting a cab to their office I was told that there is no shuttle

pick up from the port.

I will never use them again

...we waited over 2 hours for the promised Budget shuttle which never arrived. On getting a cab to their office I was told that there is no shuttle pick up from the port. I will never use them again

Curious as to who told you there was a shuttle service between port and airport for Budget? If the mistake was yours (no offense intended), then your comment about never using them again is unfair. I'm sorry you waited in vain, but as you probably found out, the cab was no more than 12 or 15 dollars, right? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just wondeirng how this incorrect information was relayed to you.

Curious as to who told you there was a shuttle service between port and airport for Budget? If the mistake was yours (no offense intended), then your comment about never using them again is unfair. I'm sorry you waited in vain, but as you probably found out, the cab was no more than 12 or 15 dollars, right? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just wondeirng how this incorrect information was relayed to you.

This was the first time I had ever used them,

I called the tel number on the confirmation and was told

4 or 5 times that the Pick up was either going to the Port

or was stuck in traffic,

I even got the persons name, the manager was very apologetic

and gave me an upgrade. The Shuttle was not to the airport but the

17th St.Location or thereabouts it appeared that as the Allure was docked

at the same time the shuttle stopped there and filled up.

That's what I was told. First and last time I ever wait for a shuttle.

I would have thought better of them if they had just explained the problem.

No Big deal really I'll just never use them again,not that they will miss my

4 or 5 rentals a year.:)

Archived