Did the flexibility o YTD cause you to get jipped?

bluesea4me

We've only cruised once...enjoyed the YTD. However we didn't get to see any of these dancing performances you all seem to post pictures of in your reviews. If you had YTD, did you still get to see it?

I am only asking because.....although I like picking when I want to eat, I am starting to wonder if we missed out on meeting new people at dinner AND more importantly, the dancing/singing during dinner.

We had YTD and saw the singing/dancing every night. I think it just depends on when you go to eat dinner. We usually went down around 7:00 and the singing/dancing was around 7:25. Just ask the assistant maitre'd that should be in charge of YTD what time the waiters sing. Or you can ask the hostess. I think they do it twice per night, but I could be wrong. One day we were very hungry and went to dinner early at 6:15 and were eating dessert when the singing/dancing was going on.

I'd be a happy cruiser if I never had to see the dancing/singing show in the dining room ever again!

I was on the upper level and didn't have to suffer through the sight...but had to hear it all. I don't think my meal would be enhanced by this "show". Keep the shows in the theater and concentrate on the food in the MDR. :)

Amen to that!! It's just cheesy...bad...weird.

Especially the "twirl your dirty napkin over your head" song. :D

OP - The song/dance is around 7:15 (early seating) and 9:15 (late seating). If you get there around 7:45, you might miss both of them.

We've only cruised once...enjoyed the YTD. However we didn't get to see any of these dancing performances you all seem to post pictures of in your reviews. If you had YTD, did you still get to see it?

I am only asking because.....although I like picking when I want to eat, I am starting to wonder if we missed out on meeting new people at dinner AND more importantly, the dancing/singing during dinner.

For me its a GOOD think not having to see the dancing routine. But, on your last cruise(s) we were only two ships for a total of 12 nights with YTD and saw the dancing 3 times total. PLEANTY for me.:):rolleyes:

We had YTD and usually went to dinner at 7. We were on Dream and sat in a booth along the balcony so we did see the "shows". I don't care one way or the other about them.

As far as meeting new people, it's a toss up. We have met some nice people when we had late seating nightly, but have also had a table for 10 with only the two of us sitting there. To me, the latter is awkward. Most times though, we travel with others so we get a table for ourselves either way.

In February we are going by alone and we will choose YTD and request a table for 2. I think it's fun to just have dinner with DH. Having new people sit with us every night at dinner is not my idea of a good time.

We eat early so don't see the "show" during our YTD.

I think it is a show we can easily miss!!!

As for meeting people, we do that during our daily activities.

That way we can have the option of asking others to join us for dinner(if they have YTD too) or not.

We like to choose our own dinner companions!!

We have had the ATD our past 2 cruises and while the singing-dancing waitstaff is a take-it-or-leave-it for us, I would much rather listen to that then 13 times of singing Happy Birthday in one sitting. Yes, we actually counted 13 times during dinner last week on our cruise. This was the first night and we happened to get to the dining room for ATD at the same time as the 8:15 seating. On most other nights we heard it from 5-10 times during dinner. It would be nice if they could just sing it one time per seating and just acknowledege all those celebrating at one time. JMHO When you think about it, add the singing/dancing waitier songs onto all the HB singing and that takes a huge chunk out of the actual time the waitstaff has to do their serving. No wonder they all look so stressed out.

I will only choose ATD now. The singing/dancining waiters don't bother me one way or the other. As far as meeting and dining with other people, that's not what I cruise for. I ony care to have dinner with the person/persons I am on the cruise with. To be honest, I don't cruise for the dining experience and don't go in the MDR every day anyway.

Especially the "twirl your dirty napkin over your head" song. :D

OP - The song/dance is around 7:15 (early seating) and 9:15 (late seating). If you get there around 7:45, you might miss both of them.

Ewww...a dirty napkin? YUK! Well, I could quite possibly end up being one of the never again crowd. However, I still think I'd like to see it once so I can say I've experienced it.

BTW great comments everyone! I'll still with YTD and try eating a little later.

Ewww...a dirty napkin? YUK! Well, I could quite possibly end up being one of the never again crowd. However, I still think I'd like to see it once so I can say I've experienced it.

BTW great comments everyone! I'll still with YTD and try eating a little later.

Yep, a dirty napkin. The dancing tries to occur between main course and dessert. The napkins have been used thru appetizers and entrees.

Definetly something to experience.

Archived