Oasis or allure???????????

carol459

hi

which one does everyone like and why? The oasis came out 1st and then I heard the Allure was modified or changed in some ways???????? I have been on the Oasis. my sis and her hubby want to do one of them for their anniversary in Jan 2012

what info can you give us?

thanks

Carol

From what I understand, Allure has:

Chicago instead of Hairspray

Samba Grill instead of Seafood Shack

Hot dog place instead of the donut shop (not sure about this)

Actually its Rita's Cantina instead of Seafood Shack I believe. Lets not forget Allure is also bigger....by 3 cm or something :)

Guess it depends on whether you want to leave on Saturday or Sunday. :)

For me as a first time cruiser on this class of ship, it was the Saturday sailing date. I like the extra day at home on Sunday before heading back to work on Monday. BTW, the southern sailings are a killer with Sunday sailings and the long flight back home. But that's the price you pay for cruising. lol

Dave

The Allure is a full 5 CM (2 inches bigger) and does have the Hotdog house which is excellent. Lots of different sausages and dogs. The big question has already been asked; do you want to leave on a Saturday or Sunday? We like to go down a day early so the Sunday (Allure) departure was best for us as no-one had to take the Friday off.

Our take is that the specialty restaurants are better on Allure and the entertainment is better on Oasis.

In our opinion, there is no real comparison on restaurants. Rita's is far more to our liking than Seafood Shack, Samba Grill is superior to the Solarium Bistro, the Doghouse beats donuts, and there is a Starbucks aboard Allure.

Entertainment is very subjective, but we preferred that on Oasis. Hairspray is lighter and more suitable for a cruise ship, IMO, than the darker Chicago. Come Fly With Me is the best song and dance show I've ever seen on a ship. Period. Blue Planet is more difficult to perform and perhaps more interesting technically, but not as entertaining. The sand artist portion of Oasis' ice show blows anything in Ice Games out of the water.

There is one show on Allure -- Oceanaria -- that is better than its Oasis equivalent. But Oasis offers better entertainment on the whole.

Bottom line is that you will have a great time on either of these ships. Which of the two is better for you depends on whether your emphasis is on food or entertainment.

Rich

hi

which one does everyone like and why? The oasis came out 1st and then I heard the Allure was modified or changed in some ways???????? I have been on the Oasis. my sis and her hubby want to do one of them for their anniversary in Jan 2012

thanks

Carol

Have been on Oasis three times and soon to be four times on Allure. Honestly, either or flip a coin...love both ships, and the crew on both ships are fantastic. This should help you;):)...K.O near Philly

The two "tweaks" in the cabins on the Allure are the ipod deck and the placement of the plugs top of the desk rather than under the desk on the Oasis where you almost have to crawl around to plug them in.

The Samba Grill replaces the Solarium Grill at night on the Allure.

Not sure if entertainment is a factor, but both ships do a great job in this area.

Since both are basically the same ship, it seems to come down to which itinerary for which week since they alternate and preference of leaving on

Saturday or Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
Have been on Oasis three times and soon to be four times on Allure. Honestly, either or flip a coin...love both ships, and the crew on both ships are fantastic. This should help you;):)...K.O near Philly

hmmm. Oasis has been out almost two years now and Allure one. I am sorry you don't get to cruise more often. :)

We just cruised both last month, loved them both! Give the edge to Allure. Reason being, the Dreamworks characters were out and about much more visible to the passengers and available for more pictures (with our own cameras). And this is from 2 50 something passengers with no kids with them! Just loved Puss N Boots! Wish we would have went a couple weeks later so we could have seen the movie while on the ship!

Seriously though, either ship will be a great cruise experience. Blue Planet is probably the best show we have seen at sea. But, we didn't care for Chicago, liked Hairspray better. Go on the ship that departs on the day you prefer, saturday or sunday.

In our opinion, there is no real comparison on restaurants. Rita's is far more to our liking than Seafood Shack, Samba Grill is superior to the Solarium Bistro, the Doghouse beats donuts, and there is a Starbucks aboard Allure.

Rich

Oasis now has Starbucks too, just opened this week!

I'll echo what a bunch of posters said above: pick the departure day that works best for you, Saturday or Sunday.

From what I understand, Allure has:

Chicago instead of Hairspray

Samba Grill instead of Seafood Shack

Hot dog place instead of the donut shop (not sure about this)

Allure has both the Hot Dog Place and a Donut Shop. They're on the Broadway directly across from each other.

tks everyone we have dec ided on allure

now to find a good price on a balcony

the prices seem to be high

was it last yeat they did a diamond event? oh well will wait and see

carol

There is a Diamond event again this year. Double cruise points for December sailings for December and above members. Good luck

hi

thanks

Carol

I have a couple of trains of thought, and I'll throw out there that I've been on Allure. Since you have been on Oasis, steer your family to Allure so you can say you have been on both and can add to this conversation the next time it comes up ;) Next, if you have a specific week in mind as you may, one ship, I believe, does the Eastern leg while the other ship does the western, which would your group prefer? Finally, unless things have changed Oasis leaves/arrives on Saturday and Allure on Sunday, does one of these days work better for you?

Following my own advice, we wanted to do Eastern to go to St Maarten and the week of our 30th anniversary that was Allure. Glad we did it. I may try to talk my sister and her husband to join us on one in the future, so I may follow this advice over again.

PS - For me, I believe Allure has the Dog joint, and Oasis the Seafood Shack and I don't eat seafood. Also the Activities director on Allure had this to say about Oasis, "Our Rising Tide Bar works!"

Our take is that the specialty restaurants are better on Allure and the entertainment is better on Oasis.

Allure has Samba AND the Solarium Bistro (Samba at night, Bistro morning and afternoon) Starbucks is COMING or already on Oasis.

Entertainment is very subjective, but we preferred that on Oasis. Hairspray is lighter and more suitable for a cruise ship, IMO, than the darker Chicago. Come Fly With Me is the best song and dance show I've ever seen on a ship. Period. Blue Planet is more difficult to perform and perhaps more interesting technically, but not as entertaining. The sand artist portion of Oasis' ice show blows anything in Ice Games out of the water.

There is one show on Allure -- Oceanaria -- that is better than its Oasis equivalent. But Oasis offers better entertainment on the whole.

Bottom line is that you will have a great time on either of these ships. Which of the two is better for you depends on whether your emphasis is on food or entertainment.

Rich

I know, was that sand artist not AMAZING!

My parents are doing the Allure Eastern itin in February so they will have a comparison...I

PS - For me, I believe Allure has the Dog joint, and Oasis the Seafood Shack and I don't eat seafood. Also the Activities director on Allure had this to say about Oasis, "Our Rising Tide Bar works!"

Rising Tide Bar was working just fine on Oasis last week!

Archived