You know you're addicted to CC when ....

caribophile

[quote name='caribophile'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I'll start:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]You know you're addicted to CC when... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][I]...you start a new thread titled 'You know you're addicted to CC when ...'[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I promise to collect and compile these posts and create a CC Addiction poster and post it on the CC Facebook page.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

When you read the threads and send e-mail to pvt drivers/guides
Ask weather/clothing opinions from other CCers
Pack accordingly
Check airfares and hotels
Make a flow chart of what to do when in port
and then......
realize you are not leaving until June 2013
Bummer !!!!(:

You're getting upset thinking about the jury duty you have been summoned for beginning on Thursday, Dec. 1, and who is going to answer all the wine corkage questions among other things while you are absent from the CC board.

[quote name='jdvmd']You're getting upset thinking about the jury duty you have been summoned for beginning on Thursday, Dec. 1, and who is going to answer all the wine corkage questions among other things while you are absent from the CC board.[/quote]

Or, you beg the attorneys not to be chosen for the jury because you have a Very Important Responsibility -- replying to the questions on CC! :D

(Actually, you could just tell them that you read the Bible every day. I did this once, back when I really was reading at least a chapter of the Bible every day, and didn't get selected to serve.)

[quote name='gyanhumara']Or, you beg the attorneys not to be chosen for the jury because you have a Very Important Responsibility -- replying to the questions on CC! :D

(Actually, you could just tell them that you read the Bible every day. I did this once, back when I really was reading at least a chapter of the Bible every day, and didn't get selected to serve.)[/quote]

I did think for a half second to come in and just say, "he looks guilty to me" and see if that worked. Like the Bible story.

[quote name='jdvmd']I did think for a half second to come in and just say, "he looks guilty to me" and see if that worked...[/quote]

Yeah but I don't think you get to see the defendant during the initial selection process. Of course if you apply the "he looks guilty" remark to the lawyers, it'll probably be equally insulting -- and accurate! :D

[quote name='gyanhumara']Or, you beg the attorneys not to be chosen for the jury because you have a Very Important Responsibility -- replying to the questions on CC! :D

(Actually, you could just tell them that you read the Bible every day. I did this once, back when I really was reading at least a chapter of the Bible every day, and didn't get selected to serve.)[/quote]

My husband told the attorney's that the company he works for has government contracts that he's in charge of and that got him thrown out of the jury pool! Also helped that one of those government contracts dealt with the local government that was being sued. Just so happened to be the truth though. I've had other friends say that they were lawyers and that got them thrown out of the jury pool - again it was the truth. Don't know if I'd take a chance on truly making something up.:D

[quote name='Ocean Dancer']No No No, dear!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you have your TA cancel your jury duty because you are within final payment of your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!! My true story!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Ocean Dancer, so sorry to hear that happened to you. Did you have the option of saying that date wasn't convenient for you, without a specific reason, and choose an alternate date, that you could not get out of, for jury duty?

[quote name='Bridge Maven']Ocean Dancer, so sorry to hear that happened to you. Did you have the option of saying that date wasn't convenient for you, without a specific reason, and choose an alternate

Not quite sure I understand your reply, this was at least 10/12 years ago. I had a cruise booked to leave in two weeks, then I got a postcard for Jury Duty. I called them and was told to have my TA fax our confirmation for the cruise, which I did. Didn't hear from them for several years. The defendent and the lawyers were all in the same room with all of us in a balcony type area. The defendent could see us and I guess reality set in as he pled guilty. We did not know what he was guilty of and were sent home.:confused:

....when you follow some of the threads that get a little......ummmm....[I]testy[/I] and lose a bit of [I]civility[/I]...and find that you can pretty much predict exactly when the Moderators will either close the thread or delete many of the posts !! Edited by rwr235

[quote name='Ocean Dancer'][quote name='Bridge Maven']Ocean Dancer, so sorry to hear that happened to you. Did you have the option of saying that date wasn't convenient for you, without a specific reason, and choose an alternate

Not quite sure I understand your reply, this was at least 10/12 years ago. I had a cruise booked to leave in two weeks, then I got a postcard for Jury Duty. I called them and was told to have my TA fax our confirmation for the cruise, which I did. Didn't hear from them for several years. The defendent and the lawyers were all in the same room with all of us in a balcony type area. The defendent could see us and I guess reality set in as he pled guilty. We did not know what he was guilty of and were sent home.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Ocean Dancer, glad to hear that you were able to go on that cruise. I once had a similar situation and a cruise was not one of the listed excuses. However, I did have the option of selecting an alternative date for jury duty, with the stipulation that I would not be able to get out of the alternative date I selected. That is what I was trying to say in my original post.

[quote name='rwr235']....when you follow some of the threads that get a little......ummmm....[I]testy[/I] and lose a bit of [I]civility[/I]...and find that you can pretty much predict exactly when the Moderators will either close the thread or delete many of the posts !![/quote]

Oh my goodness I know exactly what you mean! And when you have to hold your fingers back from the keyboard because all you want to post is "speak now, people, this ain't gonna last..." :D:D

You finish reading the 100+ page thread about "carnival secrets they don't tell you about" 2 days before your cruise and feel like you conquered the world and are already a cruising expert.

You get a little sad when you think about how the zombie apolcalypse will mess with your CC time.

You keep looking at your laptop clock hoping you can finish reading "you know your addicted to CC when..." before having to rush to work so not to be late.

Thanks so much for all the great replies! UK's Cruise Critic Contributing Editor Sue Bryant discovered our thread and has posted about it on her blog, [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/blog/?p=4635[/URL]

As promised, when I return from our Ultimate Caribbean cruise next week, I'll create that 'CC Addiction' poster and post it.

[quote name='Sloop-JohnB']Hi All,

Great topic !!

[I][B]You KNOW you're addicted to CC when...[/B][/I]

You haven't even gone on your first cruise yet and have gotten totally caught up in the wonderful "enthusiastic" buzz that exists here on the Celebrity Board.

:)

That's me too! First ever cruise booked on Infinity for Feb 2013 2 weeks ago, found CC 2 days later and haven't been off it since:D

Like Sloop-JohnB I love doing all the research and DH now expects me to know everything about everything before we go anywhere and to have all aspects of a holiday immaculately organised:rolleyes:

Own answer: You haven't been on the first cruise yet but are using CC to pick out the 2nd, 3rd.......

Frances

... you're less than a week from your next sailing and have a dream that your husband has left you twisting in the wind (so to speak) outside the MDR on Formal Night ... the Maitre d' won't seat you & your friends because your husbands are missing, and so makes you wait outside the MDR. Finally the Maitre d' takes pity & seats you ... and then your husbands waltz in, NOT appropriately dressed, with the excuse that they had been watching "the game" at a bar & lost track of time!

You wake up at 02:30, highly PO'd at your husband on account of his behavior in the dream, but then think to yourself, "Wait. I need to share this on CC!" :D