You know you're addicted to CC when ....

caribophile

when you look to CC for advice on where to go on vacation 3 years in advance of said vacation!

(BTW - thanks for all the advice I've gotten about our Alaskan cruise that we will be taking in 2013 (should be booking in May 2012 or as soon as the bookings open up) - I've still got questions and I'm sure CC will have the answers!)

(BTW - thanks for all the advice I've gotten about our Alaskan cruise that we will be taking in 2013 (should be booking in May 2012 or as soon as the bookings open up) - I've still got questions and I'm sure CC will have the answers!)

We are thinking Alaska will be our 2013 destination and will probably book when we are on the Eclipse next June.

Love this thread.....I'm not alone!

You certainly are not....me too!

When you compare the roll call boards when you're trying to decide which cruise to take. Are there lots of posts? Do they sound like fun people? Have they already scheduled a slot pull and a cabin crawl?

AWWW Man - you just added something else for me to check on before I book our next cruise!! And I thought I had all the major bases covered!;)

When you compare the roll call boards when you're trying to decide which cruise to take. Are there lots of posts? Do they sound like fun people? Have they already scheduled a slot pull and a cabin crawl?

AWWW Man - you just added something else for me to check on before I book our next cruise!! And I thought I had all the major bases covered!;)

Ditto !!

Lol, too funny!

Cheers!

When you check everyday and realize nobody has responded to your new thread. :confused: So you feel bummed because you want to feel LOVED by the CC community; you need that high. :cool: Then you realize, it's all good, the love's flowing, the high's there, because you're cruising in a matter of days, weeks, months, years, whatever. :D

Hi All,

Great topic !!

You KNOW you're addicted to CC when...

You haven't even gone on your first cruise yet and have gotten totally caught up in the wonderful "enthusiastic" buzz that exists here on the Celebrity Board.

When I first joined... I thought... WOW these guys are like a private little club and they ALL seem to cruise so often... (lol, I must be missing something at 50+ never to have even been on one cruise)

5 Months Later... the cruise is booked (and 2 months away)... I read all the posts to learn as much as I can... and LOVE the great info, photos, videos etc and LIVE Reports that everyone is so willing to share.

Thank You !!

AND I already am pretty sure that Mr Sloop & I will be booking our 2nd (and maybe a 3rd) cruise while we are on the first one... looking now at the Summit to either Bermuda (May 2012) or to the Southern Caribbean (Winter 2013)

:D

--- --- ---

Lol, this is just sooo funny.

I ran into friends we hadn't seen in quite awhile recently... and in catching up they mentioned they were going on a cruise... "oh wow us too.... so where are you going, and who with ?"... I asked enthusiastically... and the reply was very similar to the the one above....

"Honey, who are we cruising with?"

"And where are we going again?"

"And which cruise line?"

Forget WHICH SHIP these guys didn't even have a grasp on the basics... needless to say on the way home in the car Mr Sloop and I were gabbing away about how much better our experience was going to be in that we were so much more prepared.

But then we are planners... couldn't imagine going on vacation and not knowing stuff like WHERE exactly I was going.

I mentioned CC to them... but I get the feeling that they aren't the type to do much research period...

Guessing the next time I run into them post-cruise, they might be telling us what they didn't enjoy...

:rolleyes:

Cheers!

You are sooo right.

I discovered CC just after booking our Dec 2010 cruise with SIL & BIL. So the addiction started.... They just could not get it. Even once on board they were a bit 'stand-offish' initially about meeting my new friends, but by the end of 12 days they had kinda got it!

Nine months on, a few comments keep popping up from them. "Our friends are going on a short cruise as a test", "Then our friends have booked a long cruise, but they haven't even done the first one :confused:" NOW its "Next time we cruise we should take so & so along with us" :D For some it just take time to sink in.

We are off on our own this Dec and have already met one couple from the Roll Call when they were in town.... The Roll Call is flying along, and it looks like another great bunch... SO that is why you become addicted - its the PEOPLE on here ;)

When you go to tell your loved one all about what someone said, or experienced and you realize it is from CC, and your better half knows it before you do....and starts to roll their eyes and make comments about talking about people you've actually met instead of on some computer screen!

Den

Edited by Denny01

[quote name='Glendakayself']when you quote Cruise Critic posters as authorities in all of your conversations--even when you are not discussing cruising or ships.[/quote]

This. Double time for when I am discussing ships/cruising!
Me: The cabins will be ready for us to enter at 1:30pm
DH: how the hell do you know that?
Me: Cruise critic!

Addiction is also present when:

You tune out in class to read the latest post

You get positively giddy when a new menu lineup is posted from a recent cruise

You spend time figuring out how to get on CC through your phone so your future employer doesn't catch you online

:):D

[quote name='HS2BS']When you turn to it before the coffee is even made![/quote]

Thank Goodness!! Reading all these posts I was worried I was an addict untill I read this one. Nothing comes before my first cup of coffee in the morning. So I guess I'm safe :rolleyes:

====================================================
[quote name='Zoey']When your boss keeps threatening to fire you if you don't stay off and you still continue to get on a few times a day..........[/quote]
[quote name='MikeKl']You have to stay at work late to either read CC or catch up on work because you were reading CC during the day!![/quote]

Good thing I'm self employed and work at home! :D

=====================================================
How do you know both you AND your spouse are addicts?

When you post to a thread and when you hit the submit button you find your DW has just posted a reply to the same thread while you were typing your response! Happens to Cruiser Susie and I way too often:cool: Edited by Lsimon

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR=darkred]I know I am addicted, because everytime I go to the Cruise Critic , I get hungry for waffles. :D[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

You know you're addicted to cruise critic when you catch Texed's name on a thread and quickly jump to his message to see what clever way he's brought waffles into the discussion.

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_V0ypGu5CCdg/TU1rHRTeQiI/AAAAAAAAAAs/yAsn9OBGKVM/s1600/waffle.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Lsimon']You know you're addicted to cruise critic when you catch Texed's name on a thread and quickly jump to his message to see what clever way he's brought waffles into the discussion.
[quote/]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Touche'! :D[/COLOR][/B]

When you spend more time on CC talking about your cruise than actually being on your cruise.

When you get your friends hooked on CC

When CC has replaced your TA for travel advice (now all we have to do is find a way to book the cruises while on CC)