Blu Question??

CHARLESV32

First time on a Celebrity Ship. I just got tired of the other cruise lines. My parents are regulars on Celebrity. I am traveling with my wife, my 14 month old(at the time of the cruise) and My parents. I am taking them along to help out with my son(Just did it on the NCL Pearl and it was the best investment). I booked an AQ room while my parents are on a CC room on the same floor.

My question is can we all dine in BLU eventhough they are not in AQ room and if not, can they make an exception on board.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

No, your parents cannot dine in Blu....and really, if they made an 'exception' for them, why shouldn't they make an exception for anyone else who asks? Did they let you book yourself, your wife and your child in Aqua class? I have always been told it is for double occupancy only...for two people only. Maybe Celebrity doesn't count a 14 month old as a person?????

There have been several threads asking this same question, and the consensus is that they will not make an exception -- the only possibility is to be booked in a Suite, and then passengers may dine in Blu on a space available basis, but space isn't always available and Suite passengers have been turned away.

I presume that the child is booked into the room with the grandparents, as Aqua is for double occupancy only.

I would not expect to find any exceptions made on board -- as you read the previous threads, you will see that some employee was actually fired for doing so. You may also run into problems with having your child in your stateroom, so perhaps you should consider simply booking everyone into Concierge Class?

No, your parents cannot dine in Blu....and really, if they made an 'exception' for them, why shouldn't they make an exception for anyone else who asks? Did they let you book yourself, your wife and your child in Aqua class? I have always been told it is for double occupancy only...for two people only. Maybe Celebrity doesn't count a 14 month old as a person?????

Ouch! Welcome to Celebrity.

Just to add to the thread, they are very strict about this, I could not even take someone in for breakfast, absolutely refused....Since Blu's inception I have not seen one person on this board say they ate in Blu unless they were in an AQ stateroom or a suite. It would also be interesting to know where you booked the baby....

Hi, :)They are quite strict with Blu and Aqua Class cabins. I also wanted

to invite 2 friends to join me dinner one evening (they were not in

AQ) and was told nope. I am guessing your son will be staying

with your folks in CC class? Aqua Class cabins are double occupancy

only.

I agree that they will not make an exception. It is not uncommon for suite guests to be turned away due to a lack of room. I have not heard of someone in a lower category stateroom ever being granted admission to Blu. I also agree that Aqua Class is meant to be two people per stateroom, so it is unlikely your baby would be permitted to stay in your stateroom. Aqua Class staterooms are for those desiring a quiet, tranquil, spa like experience. I agree with the suggestion that it is probably best for you to switch to Concierge Class so that your baby can be in the room with you and you and your family can all dine together.

I'd also switch to a balcony cabin unless you got AQ for less (often it's less than C1's and sometimes even C2 and 3). The cabins & balconies are the same size in AQ, CC or balcony categories; and I'm one of the "freaks" that likes the food better in the MDR anyway. But since I assume you want to eat together, why pay extra for AQ? The other perks are questionable.

My experience on the Eclipse in Blu was that they are indeed very strict on who is allowed to eat in Blu. Two examples from my April transatlantic:

I met a person traveling solo in AQ, she had paid the single supplement that was appx. double the single fare. She thought this should allow her to bring a guest to Blu on occasion. But she was told no more than once.

Also one evening my husband chose to skip dinner, I went to dinner w/ the solo AQ traveler and 1 guest. So we represented in essence 4 paid AQ passeger fares for our 3 diners. We were also told no to the guest.

(BTW, I agreed with the strict, no exceptions, enforcement of the policy, it keeps Blu what we all want it to be...special)

Also to the OP, if Celebrity allowed you to book your child into your AQ cabin, then don't worry about what is said here. Celebrity wouldn't have booked you there if it was not allowed. In fact when I was in AQ I saw a crib being brought up to the AQ cabin 2 doors down from us. I saw the little family coming and going for 2 weeks and they were met by nothing but smiles from all the other AQ passengers and crew as they passed.

Most importantly.....ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

Also to the OP, if Celebrity allowed you to book your child into your AQ cabin, then don't worry about what is said here. Celebrity wouldn't have booked you there if it was not allowed. In fact when I was in AQ I saw a crib being brought up to the AQ cabin 2 doors down from us. I saw the little family coming and going for 2 weeks and they were met by nothing but smiles from all the other AQ passengers and crew as they passed.

This is rather misleading information. Aqua Class is per Celebrity "double occupancy only." Many people book Aqua Class seeking a quiet, tranquil environment. If the OP was to have a baby as a third person in Aqua Class and the baby were to be crying or loud (common behavior for babies) people in nearby staterooms would likely be livid (and justifiably so).

This is rather misleading information. Aqua Class is per Celebrity "double occupancy only." Many people book Aqua Class seeking a quiet, tranquil environment. If the OP was to have a baby as a third person in Aqua Class and the baby were to be crying or loud (common behavior for babies) people in nearby staterooms would likely be livid (and justifiably so).

I agree but there were some posts a couple of months ago about a couple who was actually in AQ who had a baby with them Could be that Celebrity is making exceptions on the young babies. Gonzo makes a good point though..

I agree but there were some posts a couple of months ago about a couple who was actually in AQ who had a baby with them Could be that Celebrity is making exceptions on the young babies. Gonzo makes a good point though..

I certainly hope they are not making exceptions for young babies. That would really anger and irritate a lot of passengers to have a crying or screaming baby as a third person in an Aqua Class stateroom after they make it clear on their website that Aqua Class is "double occupancy only" and market Aqua Class as a tranquil spa like experience. I very, very, very rarely complain about anything on a cruise but if I had a crying baby next to me in Aqua Class I'd be irate (and my wife would be ten times angrier).

I certainly hope they are not making exceptions for young babies. That would really anger and irritate a lot of passengers to have a crying or screaming baby as a third person in an Aqua Class stateroom after they make it clear on their website that Aqua Class is "double occupancy only" and market Aqua Class as a tranquil spa like experience. I very, very, very rarely complain about anything on a cruise but if I had a crying baby next to me in Aqua Class I'd be irate (and my wife would be ten times angrier).

Well I was in Aqua class on Solstice last year and paid double (200%) since I sailed solo. I love children and raised two, BUT I for one would have been VERY upset to have paid almost $3,000 and had to listen to a crying baby all week............

But on occasion, there are children in AquaClass... When I have seen it, it has usually been a single parent with a son or daughter... But on my Scandinavia/Russia cruise last year, there was a couple that booked three adjoining AquaClass cabins for themselves, their three children [one of whom was quite young], and a nanny... I don't know how the cabin sharing went in actuality but have reason to believe that it probably wasn't as booked...

AquaClass features rooms that accommodate two guests but there is nothing that says that those guests cannot be children... I don't know if or how Celebrity flexes stateroom occupancy in AquaClass for an infant but a past post suggested that it has been done...

I was AQ class on the Solstice last Jan. There was a couple with a baby in Blu every night. I was really surprised they allowed this. It really was not a problem but if the baby was crying it would be. If they allowed all couples in AQ to bring babies it would be a big problem.

I was AQ class on the Solstice last Jan. There was a couple with a baby in Blu every night. I was really surprised they allowed this. It really was not a problem but if the baby was crying it would be. If they allowed all couples in AQ to bring babies it would be a big problem.

Hmmmm.....they were probably in a suite and Blu had room for them.

You know, now that I think about it, MAYBE there is NOT an age limit in Aqua class. I DO know those cabins are for two only (double occupancy) but maybe one of those two CAN be a baby. Maybe it would just be unusual for there to be one adult and one infant in a cabin???? Oh well, I still wouldn't like to pay the premium for the cabin and hear one cry.

You know, now that I think about it, MAYBE there is NOT an age limit in Aqua class. I DO know those cabins are for two only (double occupancy) but maybe one of those two CAN be a baby. Maybe it would just be unusual for there to be one adult and one infant in a cabin???? Oh well, I still wouldn't like to pay the premium for the cabin and hear one cry.

Correct; there is no age limit for Aqua Class, but there is a double occupancy restriction. Technically an adult and a baby could be booked in an Aqua Class room, but not two adults and a baby. I think it would be wise for Celebrity to make Aqua Class staterooms adult only.

The handicapped AQ have a sofa bed I have seen 3 people in the room and they were NOT handicapped, when I questioned it I was told their TA is a Celebrity power broker and thet got the room as a free upgrade at the last moment and yes i have seen babies in Blu and in AQ

Not misleading or leading at all. Just stating what I saw first hand and that "if" Celebrity allowed the booking then it must be OK per Celebrity. As much as we'd like to here at CC, we don't make the rules. And as you conceeded in a later post, a baby could be the 2nd person in a 2 person max occupancy AQ cabin. So there is no guarantee that your AQ neighborhood will remain a cry free zone.

Not misleading or leading at all. Just stating what I saw first hand and that "if" Celebrity allowed the booking then it must be OK per Celebrity. As much as we'd like to here at CC, we don't make the rules. And as you conceeded in a later post, a baby could be the 2nd person in a 2 person max occupancy AQ cabin. So there is no guarantee that your AQ neighborhood will remain a cry free zone.

As you say we don't make the rules, Celebrity does, and Celebrity's rule is two per stateroom in Aqua Class. Putting two adults and a baby in an Aqua Class stateroom is against the rules. Not the OP's fault if they were allowed to book that way; it had to have been someone on Celebrity's end overriding the policy, but IMHO that is a policy that is well intended and should not be skirted (again, not saying the OP did anything wrong if they are booked three in the room, but someone on Celebrity's end did something wrong if this is the case). This does not mean that Celebrity is "OK" with this arrangement, just that somebody from Celebrity flaunted the policy - hopefully the executives at Celebrity would not approve of such an act if they were aware of it, but who knows. On the other hand the OP would be doing something wrong however if the baby is booked in the grandparents' Concierge Class room because of the Aqua Class double occupancy rule and the OP had the baby sleep with them in Aqua Class anyways.

You are correct that there is no guarantee that AQ will be a cry free zone since booking one adult and one baby is permitted based on Celebrity's current policy, but passengers do have a right to be upset if they are exposed to a crying and/or screaming baby in a triple occupancy AQ stateroom since this violates Celebrity's policy.

Gonzo, I think you are mixing two separate problems.

1. No one, from the lowliest inside cabin to the Penthouse Suite, should have their vacation significantly disrupted by a screaming baby. One has to hope and rely on the parents to have the manners to minimize the baby's impact on others.

2. Triple occupancy is contrary to Celebrity's stated, advertised policy for AQ cabins, and people booking AQ can justifiably be upset if triple occupancy is permitted.

As Cls711 pointed out, you could have a baby that's properly booked in AQ. If that baby screams, it will be every bit as annoying as the hypothetical triple-booked baby.

Gonzo, I think you are mixing two separate problems.

1. No one, from the lowliest inside cabin to the Penthouse Suite, should have their vacation significantly disrupted by a screaming baby. One has to hope and rely on the parents to have the manners to minimize the baby's impact on others.

2. Triple occupancy is contrary to Celebrity's stated, advertised policy for AQ cabins, and people booking AQ can justifiably be upset if triple occupancy is permitted.

As Cls711 pointed out, you could have a baby that's properly booked in AQ. If that baby screams, it will be every bit as annoying as the hypothetical triple-booked baby.

I am not mixing anything up. A screaming/crying baby in a room where it is just the baby and one adult is still disturbing, but no rule is being violated. A screaming/crying baby in a room with two adults is not only disturbing, but Celebrity's company policy is being violated.

I am not mixing anything up. A screaming/crying baby in a room where it is just the baby and one adult is still disturbing, but no rule is being violated. A screaming/crying baby in a room with two adults is not only disturbing, but Celebrity's company policy is being violated.

True, but they could solve that problem by sending Dad down to the grandparents' CC room to sleep and leave the screaming baby with Mom in AQ. In this scenario, you're being bothered by the screaming baby, not the triple occupancy.

I agree that the triple occupancy shouldn't be permitted. I'm just saying that it's really a separate problem. Having 3 people staying in the room violates the policy, whether the 3 people are babies or adults, loud or quiet.

The handicapped AQ have a sofa bed I have seen 3 people in the room and they were NOT handicapped, when I questioned it I was told their TA is a Celebrity power broker and thet got the room as a free upgrade at the last moment and yes i have seen babies in Blu and in AQ

Hmmm. Wonder why they put a sofa bed in those cabins if AQ is limited to double occupancy? Perhaps they only have one type of sofa that 'fits' that cabin, and it just happens to have a bed?:confused:

Archived