Luggage tags

Wineart

Does Celebrity still provide luggage tags? We requested them for our January 2011 cruise, but I can no longer find the option on their website.

Luggage tags are still very much available from =X=. We got ours in three days for our December 3rd cruise. This is a great improvement from previous cruises in terms of the time it took to get the luggage tags once we applied for them.

:):):)

The button to request luggage labels only appears once your eDocs are available. That should be anytime from about 45 days out onwards - not always the same date for everyone on the same cruise. Ours have been as late as 30 day prior to the cruise. You should receive an email once your eDocs [and luggage labels] are available.

Sue

This whole luggage tag thing is ridiculus! Who?, I ask, goes on a cruise

especially a 14 day Caribbean cruise and does not take luggage? X are you listening? We

all need luggage tags, send them to everyone, stop making us beg like they are

made of some precious metal.

This whole luggage tag thing is ridiculus! Who?, I ask, goes on a cruise

especially a 14 day Caribbean cruise and does not take luggage? X are you listening? We

all need luggage tags, send them to everyone, stop making us beg like they are

made of some precious metal.

No offense, but is it really that big of a deal? We wait until ours show up on the My Celebrity page and then click "request". Never been any effort behind it whatsoever. Even if that doesn't happen, you just get them at the pier - takes five minutes extra at most.

I agree that maybe they could just send them to everyone, rather than make us "request" them, but IMO, it's not worth complaining about.

We are leaving on our Connie cruise December 31, and the ability to order tags just came up a few days ago. We received an email about our e-docs and luggage tags.

On My Celebrity in the Celebrity Site, go to Online Check-IN. On the Welcome Page at the bottom you can Request Luggage Tags. I think only US and Canadian passengers can request online.

And--you can always get them at the pier before boarding. The porters have them and I take a Sharpie to fill them our.

I think only US and Canadian passengers can request online.

Someone in our roll call for a Jan. 2 cruise reported that they received their luggage tags. They live in Great Britain. I wonder if it makes a difference.

Kathy

Nope, we get them in the UK as well and the process is exactly the same as in the US and Canada - they are posted [mailed] from the UK.

Sue

We are Scottish cruisers and used the online request last year. Tags arrived quickly despite my expectation of a long wait, I presume they are sent from uk office. Anyway, I will be clicking that button again this year and once they arrive I will officially be in holiday mode and it will be all systems go for final preparations.

I called Celebrity on Friday asking when luggage tags could be requested. Customer service informed us it would be right after Thanksgiving for the Jan 2, 2011 cruise. This would also be the same time our online documents would be available.

Well yesterday I checked my email and had an email from Celebrity saying my online documents where available. Went online, logged in and sure enough online documents were available and on the same page a statement telling you to click below to order luggage tags.

Once we clicked and verified our mailing address a box popped up saying luggage tags had been ordered. So much for the Thanksgiving time frame - guess they have to give some type of time frame.

msts

Just called Celebrity and was told you have to wait until 30 days before sailing to request them. Website says you have to do it at least 14 days before, so there's a small window.

I'm sailing on January 2, 2012. I got a heads up on the roll call for the cruise and I was able to request them on the My Celebrity site half an hour ago.

45 days seems correct.

While I know that it is easy to do at the pier, and I see (sort of) why X is trying to cut costs by not sending them automatically, I have to go along with late seating who said:

"This whole luggage tag thing is ridiculus! Who?, I ask, goes on a cruise

especially a 14 day Caribbean cruise and does not take luggage? X are you listening? We all need luggage tags, send them to everyone, stop making us beg like they are made of some precious metal."

Celebrity would like to market itself as an upscale line, appealing to sophisticated travelers, and they make the whole luggage tag thing so difficult to first-timers that it starts the cruise experience with an off taste. I don't see why they don't just mail them to everyone once final payment is made. I applauded their elimination of the cruise booklet/contract/printed documents, as a means of saving paper, trees, and postage. But it is true that we all need the tags, so why not send them to all of us?

The reason I like my tags in advance is the, fact they are colour coded and boldly printed with cabin details which in turn makes things easier for crew doing delivery. Anything you can do to assist with the prompt delivery of your luggage is essential as the one time we did not have tags, after having to complain numerous times to housekeeping, our luggage was tracked down well after 8pm on another deck stairwell. That was despite being CC and having the alleged express delivery of luggage. My cabin neighbours, all dressed for dinner must have wondered who was the strange woman haunting the corridors in her dressing gown muttering under her breath and it was not even a Halloween cruse!!!!

They don't even give us the option to receive luggage tags in Australia. You either make up your own by copying the example they probide in the e-docs, or you just fill them out at the pier, which only takes a minute or two.

Agree! There was no option to request luggage tags.

I was going to print them from my eDocs, but guess what? The eDocs didn't get updated with my new cabin number ... so fill them out at the port it is :D

Does Celebrity still provide luggage tags? We requested them for our January 2011 cruise, but I can no longer find the option on their website.

Do you mean January 2012? If so, it may be too early to order the luggage tags. They are usually available somewhere between 45 and 30 days before your cruise. I would suggest you keep checking and the option will appear. Enjoy your cruise. We are doing a Caribbean cruise in just about two weeks and we received our luggage tags just about a month before the sailing date.

Archived