Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

I find it interesting how folks (myself included) have very specific preferences for their bed .... for a week. :) I wanted (and hopefully booked) my bed by the closet. For me, I don't plan on going in the closet enough for it to bother me. We have an Ocean Balcony on hump in between two family groups and we plan to open our balconies to connect. I like the idea of the sofa and seating being by the window looking out and expanding our "living room" area on out to the larger balcony.

Last trip on FOS we were Promenade View room and loved the sofa and window seat by the window so we could sit and enjoy the view when there. We have had our bed by the window and balcony, and it was fine too, we liked leaving the curtains open at night. But I just think I'll like it away this time since we'll shut the curtains as our balcony will be more "shared". I just love that we can predict where the beds are so we can book what we want.

Edited by HopperFan

Does anybody know whether 8202 or 8194 have the bed by the balcony on Allure? I'm currently booked in a lower balcony category with bed by the bath and thinking of switching to one these D1 cabins. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anybody know whether 8202 or 8194 have the bed by the balcony on Allure? I'm currently booked in a lower balcony category with bed by the bath and thinking of switching to one these D1 cabins. Thanks in advance for any help.

8202: Balcony

8194: Balcony

[ QUOTE=beachbuddy;42631350]Hi Ocean Boy,

I think I did it right but can you confirm........is 8170 on Oasis bed by the balcony???

Clarea, is 8170 bed by balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the deck plan and find the nearest set of connecting staterooms. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony. Every other stateroom will be the same.

I may be wrong here, but this logic can't always hold true. This would only hold true if there were always an even number of cabins in-between sets of adjoining cabins. Sometimes there is an odd number of cabins in-between. Say, for instance, I'm looking at the Allure deck plan for deck 8, cabin 8266. Cabins 8260 and 8262 are adjoining. Then there is cabins 8264, 8266 and 8268. Then 8270 and 8272 are adjoining. Say I'm trying to figure out what 8266 is. Using the every-other method, counting from 8262 (the "left" of the adjoining set) 8264 would be right and 8266 would be left. Counting from 8270 (the "right" of the adjoining set) 8268 would be left and 8266 would be right. So, in one instance 8266 is "left" and in the other instance 8266 is "right". How do you figure out how 8266 actually is configured.

I may be wrong here, but this logic can't always hold true. This would only hold true if there were always an even number of cabins in-between sets of adjoining cabins. Sometimes there is an odd number of cabins in-between. Say, for instance, I'm looking at the Allure deck plan for deck 8, cabin 8266. Cabins 8260 and 8262 are adjoining. Then there is cabins 8264, 8266 and 8268. Then 8270 and 8272 are adjoining. Say I'm trying to figure out what 8266 is. Using the every-other method, counting from 8262 (the "left" of the adjoining set) 8264 would be right and 8266 would be left. Counting from 8270 (the "right" of the adjoining set) 8268 would be left and 8266 would be right. So, in one instance 8266 is "left" and in the other instance 8266 is "right". How do you figure out how 8266 actually is configured.

Cabins 8260 and 8262 are not the same category, so you can't use that as a starting point. Use only a pair of connecting "D" type cabins as a starting point.

Edited by clarea

8266 has the bed by the balcony. You have to be careful around suite areas. It can throw things off a bit.

8266 has the bed by the balcony. You have to be careful around suite areas. It can throw things off a bit.

Just to add my $0.02 --> I can confirm that 8266 is bed by balcony through 1st hand experience.

As others have stated, the "connecting rooms rule" works only for rooms of the same "size" that are connecting (not connected to JS or GS).

I'm going to be a big pain with this...Thanks everyone for posting how to check. I'm assuming it's the same way for those very few oceanview (no balc) forward facing cabins? Can anyone confirm. All the pictures I've seen on CC have showed the bed by the closet, but I haven't seen my particular stateroom which is 9106. Using the method in this string, can I assume my bed will be by the picture window? If you look at it from the hall on the deckplan, this is the "right" side stateroom (9108 on the left)

I'm going to be a big pain with this...Thanks everyone for posting how to check. I'm assuming it's the same way for those very few oceanview (no balc) forward facing cabins? Can anyone confirm. All the pictures I've seen on CC have showed the bed by the closet, but I haven't seen my particular stateroom which is 9106. Using the method in this string, can I assume my bed will be by the picture window? If you look at it from the hall on the deckplan, this is the "right" side stateroom (9108 on the left)

I have never been able to figure out how those forward cabins work and I am not sure if they are even set up like the rest of the cabins. I know that on the Voyager and Freedom class ships the forward cabin layout is different from other cabins. The issue is that the wall opposite where the entrance door is located is slanted which would make it hard to put a bed against them. So I don't know if these are typical paired cabins or not.

However, all that said, if the cabins do conform to the standard setups then I would venture a guess that the bed is by the window in 9106.

EDIT: I just noticed that ALL of those forward cabins can accommodate more than 2 people. Throughout the ship all standard cabins that can hold more than 2 people have the bed by the closet. I give up. I have no idea how these cabins are set up.

Sorry for all the long post all to not even answer your question.

Edited by Ocean Boy