Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

Thanks, I know ya'll will think I am nuts but I sail Disney and the beds are next to closet and I like that layout. I think I'll call and see if the room next to mine is avail. :)

We also had beds next to the closet on Oasis. Even though it did make it harder to get into the closet I prefer that layout to having the beds on the other end of the cabin.

Okay hopefully last time I have to ask this question (but, I called RCCL and even they don't know the cabin layouts- they have to ask someone onboard and have someone call me back. So, you are amazing!)

So, after calling today they said they only have 7 cabins left in my category and I choose cabin #8530. I am hoping this time the bed is next to closet....so...rolling the dice here...am I a lucky winner this time????

Okay hopefully last time I have to ask this question (but, I called RCCL and even they don't know the cabin layouts- they have to ask someone onboard and have someone call me back. So, you are amazing!)

So, after calling today they said they only have 7 cabins left in my category and I choose cabin #8530. I am hoping this time the bed is next to closet....so...rolling the dice here...am I a lucky winner this time????

Closet! WOOHOO! :D

How about cabin 7330 on The Allure ;) and if you know, I see the hallway ends. Where would the door to enter be ???? Thanks

I'm not sure about this one, as it's a family cabin and is larger than normal. It's also sideways... :confused:

How about cabin 7330 on The Allure ;) and if you know, I see the hallway ends. Where would the door to enter be ???? Thanks

I'm not sure about this one, as it's a family cabin and is larger than normal. It's also sideways... :confused:

Got me stumped too.

I am surprised that customer service had a clue as to what you were even asking about. But it does look like you came up with a prized closet!:)

Will- you've sailed Allure...did I see in the photos tha there is also a lit up clock that is part of that iPod dock? That would be sweet! That's one of my cruising peeves...I like to know what time it is when I awaken, without having to awaken so much to look at a watch or lift the phone off its receiver!;) That way if it's still too early, I can close my one eye and drift back off!:p

Will- you've sailed Allure...did I see in the photos tha there is also a lit up clock that is part of that iPod dock? That would be sweet! That's one of my cruising peeves...I like to know what time it is when I awaken, without having to awaken so much to look at a watch or lift the phone off its receiver!;) That way if it's still too early, I can close my one eye and drift back off!:p

There is a clock, but I can't remember if it lit up or not. It's not your typical iHome, it is long and has a slot on each side, so can hole 2 devices at once.

There is a clock, but I can't remember if it lit up or not. It's not your typical iHome, it is long and has a slot on each side, so can hole 2 devices at once.

Thanks WIll! DH was just reminding me that we won't be able to charge the ipads there anyway:rolleyes: Actually I was one of those folks who liked the plugs underneath; it let me put my devices in the cabinets down low and charge them out of the way. I find the vanity already gets too crowded, and more so with those dinky side tables ( no drawer!:eek:) by the bed on Oasis and Allure

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at 8650 or 8652 on Oasis. We had 8250 on Allure and it had bed by balcony which we liked. But, we had rather have starboard. The suites next door have me thrown for configuration, however. We need some help! Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at 8650 or 8652 on Oasis. We had 8250 on Allure and it had bed by balcony which we liked. But, we had rather have starboard. The suites next door have me thrown for configuration, however. We need some help! Thanks in advance.

I get 8650 as a balcony and 8652 as a closet.

8650 is on the right side of a connected pair and 8652 is on the left of a connected pair( facing the cabins from the hall). They are connected to suites which might complicate things, but if the standard convention holds- 52 should have the bed by the balcony and 50 should have the bed by the closet.

Maybe someone who has stayed there can confirm this? But given that nobody has posted any " exceptions" after all hthe folks staying in these cabins for a couple of years, I think it's probably what you expect!

8650 is on the right side of a connected pair and 8652 is on the left of a connected pair( facing the cabins from the hall). They are connected to suites which might complicate things, but if the standard convention holds- 52 should have the bed by the balcony and 50 should have the bed by the closet.

Maybe someone who has stayed there can confirm this? But given that nobody has posted any " exceptions" after all hthe folks staying in these cabins for a couple of years, I think it's probably what you expect!

I hate to disagree with my good friend from Boston but you have it backwards. The right side of the pair is balcony and the left side of the pair is closet.

I hate to disagree with my good friend from Boston but you have it backwards. The right side of the pair is balcony and the left side of the pair is closet.

Yep, sorry to disagree, Boston, but Ocean Boy is right! :)

Ok, I'm going to go with 8650. I hope you guys are right! ;) DH much prefers balcony placement. I've searched this thing ad nauseam. I hadn't been able to find an answer. Thanks so mch!

Yep, sorry to disagree, Boston, but Ocean Boy is right! :)

Oops! You are both right, I just transposed which cabin was which...so sorry!:o. TNT, I think you'll be happy with that cabin!

But it could be fun to have some big nasty mud slinging battle over it wouldn't it?

Edited by Familygoboston

Ok, I'm going to go with 8650. I hope you guys are right! ;) DH much prefers balcony placement. I've searched this thing ad nauseam. I hadn't been able to find an answer. Thanks so mch!

8650 is not near the balcony.

Check these two links ..

good info:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22240210&highlight=8650#post22240210

post #9 on the 2nd link.

I found this thread during my research, but it states that the room is a D6. It's a D2, so I wasn't sure if the OP had the wrong room or the wrong category. So,here I go again...My head hurts!

I know some people think what's the big deal with bed placement, but it makes a big difference to my 6'4" DH! :rolleyes: Not much to 5'1" me.:D