Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

Well, I don't get it. 8650 is clearly the right side of a connecting pair. But I guess it is what it is.

Ok, here's the way I see it. Since both of these cabins connect to a suite, the whole left side right side thing goes out the window. That is because the suites don't have different configurations (except for mirror imaging). So, that leaves two regular balcony cabins cabins. They way they normally "fit together" is for the one on the left to have the bed by the closet, while the one on the right has the bed by the balcony. This way, their "bulging" areas where the beds are fit nicely together to make a rectangle. Think about what it would look like the other way! :eek: bad use of space!

Here's a weird one. Looking at 6670 and 6672 on the Allure there is a solid black bar between the two cabins despite them being connecting rooms. Do the same rules apply here?

Considering what I come up with for the cabins around the ones you are talking about I would say yes. 6670 would be a closet and 6672 would be a balcony.

Considering what I come up with for the cabins around the ones you are talking about I would say yes. 6670 would be a closet and 6672 would be a balcony.

Thanks. I was just curious what the heck that solid black bar meant considering they are ajoining cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the great instructions on figuring the bed location. I'd much rather trust your findings. 11220 and 11222 on the Allure.

Look at the floor plan of the ship. Find the nearest adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms). This is a reference point for a pair-of-cabins. Once you find an adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins.

When viewed from the hallway, each cabin pair will have 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT. When viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the closet/bath, select the left door (less desirable). If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door (more desirable).

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT (correct). Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

In your case, look at 11202 and 11204. That is a pair, and is the reference point. 12202 will have a RIGHT door, when viewed from the hallway. It will have the bed by the balcony. On the other hand, 11204 has the dreaded LEFT door, with the bed by the closet.

Going down the hall,

11206/11208 are pairs.

11210/11212 are pairs.

11214/11216 are pairs.

11218/11220 are pairs.

11222/11224 are pairs.

So, in your case,

11220 has a LEFT door… bed by the closet

11222 has a RIGHT door…. bed by the balcony.

allure.JPG.6cf929202b53422eeccc22439ffadd46.JPG

Cabin 11558 on Allure.. Bed by the balcony or closet? I can't figure it out. Lol.

11558 is paired with 11560.

Pretend you are standing in the hallway in front of both. 11558 would be on your LEFT.

11558 has the bed next to the closet.

Allure2.JPG.f70098634f07793f90648f69aa3139f5.JPG

OK, who wants to play...

Using the theory posted earlier, I have 7530 as the bed close to the closet. 7130 however would have the bed close to the balcony, correct?

Now to decide which.

Thanks

Yes, you are correct.

Is that bad or will it be a problem? It's only two of us in the room.

It is a matter of choice. We actually prefer the bed by the closet. It opens up the other end of the room. It does, however, make it difficult to get in the closet. Since I get up very early I just made sure to get what I needed in the closet for the next morning before we went to bed at night so I would not wake others up.

The room I have now is deck 11, 11558.. With the bed by the closest.. I was looking on their website, and I could get on deck 10, 10548, which would have the bed by the balcony.. The deck 11 one which I have is a little closer to the elevator, and up one more deck obviously.. Would I be doing a good thing in switching to that cabin, a little farther down the hall and 1 deck down? I'd have to call my travel agent and go through all of that to get it changed.. And the price on the royal website is a little bit more expensive than when I booked so I'm not sure if I'd have to pay the difference even though its in the same category.. Opinions? Should I change or keep it since the location is a little better?

The room I have now is deck 11, 11558.. With the bed by the closest.. I was looking on their website, and I could get on deck 10, 10548, which would have the bed by the balcony.. The deck 11 one which I have is a little closer to the elevator, and up one more deck obviously.. Would I be doing a good thing in switching to that cabin, a little farther down the hall and 1 deck down? I'd have to call my travel agent and go through all of that to get it changed.. And the price on the royal website is a little bit more expensive than when I booked so I'm not sure if I'd have to pay the difference even though its in the same category.. Opinions? Should I change or keep it since the location is a little better?

My opinion .. change to the cabin where the bed is at the balcony. It is easier to "navigate" in the cabin. This is just MY OPINION.

Newbie here, who is just not "getting it." :(

We're in 11602 on Allure. I think that is near the closet?

We'll have three to our room so I think that means we need a room with a "triangle" right? and I don't see any in our class that would be on the right on that same deck. Am I correct?

What about forward facing oceanview rooms? Like 11502 or 8500, for example. There don't seem to be obvious "pairs" of rooms for these. On deck 8 there are three rooms between the two pairs of connecting rooms to make it even more confusing (8100, 8500, 8502).

Edited by cap108

Sorry but the wording for this, really has me confused. First is by the bathroom, so 2nd will ALSO be by the Balcony??

Now I'm looking at 7274, any ideas on where the bed is?

By the way, I ask for our beds to be seperate, suspect that will make a diffrence in placement anyway.

separate wont matter. they are not going to move the couch, just the night stand to between the beds.