Will there be any free booze for gold members?

Loralie

Hi, this will be my 2nd cruise with Royal Carribean. will there be a "welcome back" party for gold members with some free drinks? Is there anywhere else for gold members to get drinks?

I have only been on one other cruise (carnival) and they had some free drinks on formal night before dinner. does Royal do the same?

Thanks,

loralie

If this is only your 2nd cruise with RCCL, there is no way that you are a gold member!

Let me guess. You're not a member of the Crown and Anchor Society, are you? Any member would know that gold is the lowest level and it is attained after your first cruise with RCI.

Yes, most ships have a "Welcome Back" party with free booze...there will be champagne and a limited selection of other drinks. You can drink as much as you want until the event ends.

You will also get your coupon book which will have a "BOGO" for a glass of wine.

Pete

Yes, most ships have a "Welcome Back" party with free booze...there will be champagne and a limited selection of other drinks. You can drink as much as you want until the event ends.

You will also get your coupon book which will have a "BOGO" for a glass of wine.

Pete

What is a "BOGO"?:confused:

Hi

There are free drinks to be had at the welcome back party (you should get an invite in your cabin), the Captains cocktail party (grab some quick, they dont hang around for long) and if you can bear it, the art auction :)

Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

You are a gold member after your first cruise.

OP you may get a glass of champagne at the welcome back party, but that would be the extent of the freebies as a gold member.

There are also free drinks at the welcome back party, which gold members are invited to.

loralie- Yes, there is free champagne and wine at the captain's "Welcome Aboard" party on the first formal night. Some ships also offer limited mixed drinks at this party. And as others have said, yes, there is a "Welcome Back" reception with drinks, wine and champagne. Many ships no longer have art auctions, but as someone mentioned, if there are auctions on your cruise, there will be free "champagne"...not so bad after the first glass, lol!

You are a gold member after your first cruise.

OP you may get a glass of champagne at the welcome back party, but that would be the extent of the freebies as a gold member.

I will just add that a couple of the welcome back's I've been to on Majesty as a gold member, and Freedom I believe, they had one or two other drinks brought around on a tray, you couldn't order from the bar. I remember a Bahama Mama on Majesty, and I want to say a Mojito was offered on Freedom, but my memory is less clear on that.

If this is only your 2nd cruise with RCCL, there is no way that you are a gold member!

I do love wrong answers that are given with such authority :p;)

This is one of the things I do on cruises, even though I'm hard of hearing there are times when you are a captive audience and can't help overhear some things. I think it was my Navigator cruise in 2009, I was sitting by the pool when the T-shirt sale started. That week the day of embarkation a news story was on the radio quoting the New England Journal of Medicine which had just published an article about chemicals from plastic water bottles leeching into the water. (I think it was reported when bottles were left in the sun. Anyway, it was a new story and one women commented about it and this other woman, while looking down her now and fanning her hand in a dismissive manner said , "Oh, I researched it and its not true" Just one of goofy things I've overheard on cruises.

Or Beer. We save coupon for when they have the Pool Bar large size beer for price of regular deal and get a free large one.

This is a new one for me! How do you find out about this--just go to the Pool Bar and ask what day the special is? Or is it in the Compass.

Wow, I didn't know we could be invited to a welcome back party! We survived flooding and a temporary loss of income this year so our drink spending may be limited, this will definately be nice. Thanks everyone for the info.!!:)

You NEED to sign up for the Crown and Anchor membership. I just did (1 RC 4 day cruise in 2007). Give them a call. This way, the invite to the "Welcome Back" party (plus coupons) will be in your stateroom when you arrive.

As someone already said make sure to stop at the Captains Cocktail party. On Serenade last year we got 3 drinks each I think? They walk around with trays of drinks. Make sure you tip the waiter a buck or two and the tray may find its way back to you an extra time or two.

loralie- Yes, there is free champagne and wine at the captain's "Welcome Aboard" party on the first formal night. Some ships also offer limited mixed drinks at this party. And as others have said, yes, there is a "Welcome Back" reception with drinks, wine and champagne. Many ships no longer have art auctions, but as someone mentioned, if there are auctions on your cruise, there will be free "champagne"...not so bad after the first glass, lol!

mabe they should get you drunk with free drinks and then you might buy something

You NEED to sign up for the Crown and Anchor membership. I just did (1 RC 4 day cruise in 2007). Give them a call. This way, the invite to the "Welcome Back" party (plus coupons) will be in your stateroom when you arrive.

Thanks! Actually I believe we are already C&A members, I do recall doing something like that online.:)

Ahhh, yes you are a Gold member after one cruise (even if it is a 3 night cruise, 3 nights=3 points which is the minimum to be gold). Just remember that Royal now counts points by the number of nights sailed and not the number of cruises. Once you reach 30 points you will become Platinum. Enjoy! :)

Archived