Chef's Table Dinner on the Silhouette?

gibbsgirl

Once you board you will find tables set up, sometimes on the lido deck or outside of the specialty restaurants. The crew at the tables will have information on dining in specialty restaurants, spa services, excursions etc. Just ask at the table for specialty restaurants, they should have information on all of the special dinners available. The sommeliers should also have information on any wine events and on the Chef's Table or Wine Dinners.

Mary Lou

I received an email yesterday which said that the Chef's Table would be offered on every cruise provided there is sufficient demand. I suggest that anyone interested makes sure that their interest is registered with the speciality restaurant staff and encourages others to the same.

Sue

We did the TA with Silhouette and to my knowledge, there was no Chef's Dinner; however, we did not inquire regarding one. When we sailed on HAL, enough of us did inquire with the Sommelier and a dinner was held. Limited to about 20 folks and it was excellent. I would check and make your interest known. If you are traveling with others, the more interest the more likely it will happen. By the way, the HAL sailing I mentioned, all of the other Chef's Dinner attendees were Cruise Critic members that expressed interest on the Roll Call!:)

Thanks for that Project gal. At first I thought that $27.60 was a good price for the experience described. Not too far away from the average speciality restauant.

But then I realised that I had misread the decimal point :eek:

At $276.00 all I could think of was the cheap mini-cruise we took a couple of years ago which was only $250.

I suppose that the fact that it is priced per couple helps a bit but even so, on shore this kind of cash would buy you some serious calories.

Thanks for that Project gal. At first I thought that $27.60 was a good price for the experience described. Not too far away from the average speciality restauant.

But then I realised that I had misread the decimal point :eek:

At $276.00 all I could think of was the cheap mini-cruise we took a couple of years ago which was only $250.

I suppose that the fact that it is priced per couple helps a bit but even so, on shore this kind of cash would buy you some serious calories.

You have to remember that it includes the book [which, I think, is piced at $59.99] and photograph [say $20] which brings it down to $196 per couple. We have spent three times that amount on a meal for two in a land-based restaurant in a number of countries and I am certain that the a Celebrity Chef's Table Dinner will be memorable for better reasons than some of those meals!

Sue

$600 for a meal for two, wow!

Not sure I'd even know where to go to spend that much!

Alinea in Chicago would do the trick. About $950 for dinner for two with wine pairings, tax and tip. It is ranked as the best restaurant in North America.

Most of the venues on this list would cost in the $600 and up price range (including drinks): http://www.theworlds50best.com/awards/1-50-winners

We have a McDonald's in town. Each dish is prepared especially to order and comprises a unique combination of mechanically recovered meat placed inside a precision engineered white bread roll. The drinks list, while not extensive, does contain some of the world's finest and much sought after sugared waters.

Although they do not include a book with the meal, some of their finer dishes come complete with an exclusive, collectable plastic toy. What's more, it's yours to keep.

All available for a tad under $600 inc. tax, tips etc.

:D:D

We have a McDonald's in town. Each dish is prepared especially to order and comprises a unique combination of mechanically recovered meat placed inside a precision engineered white bread roll. The drinks list, while not extensive, does contain some of the world's finest and much sought after sugared waters.

Although they do not include a book with the meal, some of their finer dishes come complete with an exclusive, collectable plastic toy. What's more, it's yours to keep.

Big night out for you huh?:D

And at McDonald's you receive nose to tail cuisine without all the fuss of a foo foo establishment. :D

Alinea in Chicago would do the trick. About $950 for dinner for two with wine pairings, tax and tip. It is ranked as the best restaurant in North America.

Most of the venues on this list would cost in the $600 and up price range (including drinks): http://www.theworlds50best.com/awards/1-50-winners

Thanks for the list - I've bookmarked it for future use.

Just for reference, none of the restaurants to which I was refering are on the list. At the current £/US$/Euro exchange rates, you do not have to aim that high to spend the sums to which I referred!

Sue

Big night out for you huh?:D

The only "Big Mac" we have ever eaten was in HK 20 years ago - we just wanted to know what had caused such a long queue [line]! It cost us all of US$1.75 each with all the trimmings. For all time lows, it was only beaten by the US$0.50 hot dog on the Strip in Las Vegas.

Sue

I just returned home from Eclipse yesterday. They had a

"Wine Connessiour Dinner" and was 109.00. Personally, I loved it:D

I have never heard of any dinner called a "Chef's Dinner Table"

on Celebrity. I have been to more than 1 of the Wine Dinners though

and loved all of them:)

I was also told the Wine Dinners are not always offered...it is based

on supply and demand. The dinner I attended had 18 people.

Check with one of the Maitr'ds in the Specialy Restaurants or find

the CellarMaster. They are usually the ones with correct information.

As per "Celebrity Today" sheet dated Nov 15, 2011 a Chef's Table was offered. It states that six guests will have the opporunity to dine in the galley of Grand Cuvee Restaurant at the Chef's Table. A fee does apply. One is to call ext 7000 for details.

Hi:) thanks for the reply. This must be something new as it never

showed on my recent Eclipse cruise (just got home yesterday).

Archived