Current Concierges continued

PH8

You can please most of the people most of the time and you can please some of the people some of the time but can never please all of the people all of the time.

We both think JD is the best Concierge in the fleet and always look forward to sailing with him and Beresford - they have never disappointed us.

I feel the same way about the recently maligned Dexter Fraser on Allure. We love him, he's such a dear. Last week if he was distracted, maybe it was because on Sunday he got to head home to Guyana to be with his wife and baby twins.

I think people just click or don't with certain concierges. I thought one we had in March and May on NV was uppity and had no time for us. I'm sure others think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's a matter of preference and personalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way about the recently maligned Dexter Fraser on Allure. We love him, he's such a dear. Last week if he was distracted, maybe it was because on Sunday he got to head home to Guyana to be with his wife and baby twins.

I think people just click or don't with certain concierges. I thought one we had in March and May on NV was uppity and had no time for us. I'm sure others think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's a matter of preference and personalities.

You are so right. When people don't like a certain concierge, there is no reason to bad mouth them by name. Trashing people publicly isn't the way to go. And that's what it amounts to. They either read these boards or it gets back to them and sometimes hurts their feelings.

I remember reading about a particular diamond concierge and how she was never there and not very helpful. The bad-mouther had no clue that she had just joined the ship for the contract and as all crew has to do, had training all week long. I've had stateroom attendants in the past who were scarce and I found out they had to keep going to training each morning.

Concierges are people, too, and sometimes have various distractions for whatever reason. Someone may not be well at home, maybe there is a relationship problem, or simply training.

If it's perceived as a regular occurrence, then so be it, it's still not reason to make public put downs. It takes two. Sometimes forgiving someone for the infraction is called for and might make the relationship better. It would be the gracious thing to do.

I haven't met a concierge I didn't like. But I've had two that I just didn't understand the raving reviews. I wouldn't name them here.

Gina

I love the "uppity" guy and glad that he's back on board with his very serious health issue, under control!

Maybe that was the reason he was distracted? :)

Sent with my iPhone

We were on in March and he had just come back to work. I wrote it off to that. We were back in late May, and he seemed better, but somehow we just didn't click with him. We are new D+s not suite guests. Like I said, some folks just don't click, and we aren't uppity and asked very little from him.

I wish him the best, and I'm glad he clicks with you. I just think different people click with different concierges.

We were on in March and he had just come back to work. I wrote it off to that. We were back in late May, and he seemed better, but somehow we just didn't click with him. We are new D+s not suite guests. Like I said, some folks just don't click, and we aren't uppity and asked very little from him.

I wish him the best, and I'm glad he clicks with you. I just think different people click with different concierges.

Sent with my iPhone

Sent with my iPhone

Yes, we know him since the Indy, then we followed him to Oasis and the Nav! We are D+ and don't ask much, also!

Only few times, we had a bad experience with the concierge or diamond; We usually click with every concierge, and we try to follow them!!

Never ever the pleasure of meeting Dexter, but know Fernando, and like him, (some people don't)

Sent with my iPhone

Yes, we know him since the Indy, then we followed him to Oasis and the Nav! We are D+ and don't ask much, also!

Only few times, we had a bad experience with the concierge or diamond; We usually click with every concierge, and we try to follow them!!

Never ever the pleasure of meeting Dexter, but know Fernando, and like him, (some people don't)

Sent with my iPhone

We are fairly new D+. Our next ship is the Oasis TA. I don't know any of the concierges on that ship at all.

We are fairly new D+. Our next ship is the Oasis TA. I don't know any of the concierges on that ship at all.

Going on Monday, or doing the October?

The Concierges are Allan Fajardo and Israel ??

Know Allan very well, since Mariner! My TA will be on board this Monday! Actually we had this cruise booked (the first day available for C&A) but needed to cancel! I'm heart broken!!

Have a great crossing, and tell Allan that Mama Franca and the Captain, say hi!

Sent with my iPhone

Edited by CRUISEMAMI

Know Allan very well, since Mariner! My TA will be on board this Monday! Actually we had this cruise booked (the first day available for C&A) but needed to cancel! I'm heart broken!!

If it's Israel Sanchez, he's one of the best.:)

Have a great crossing, and tell Allan that Mama say hi!

Sent with my iPhone

I'm sorry you aren't going. Have several friends on there, and some of the people sailing westbound with us from Rotterdam are on the Eastbound sailing.

We were on Allure on the week of April 7 last year and they told us Sunday that Oasis TA would book TA on Tuesday the ninth. We camped at the LAs door that morning waiting to book! We are flying over 10 days early to sightsee before boarding. Very excited! Just retired this summer.

I'm sorry you aren't going. Have several friends on there, and some of the people sailing westbound with us from Rotterdam are on the Eastbound sailing.

We were on Allure on the week of April 7 last year and they told us Sunday that Oasis TA would book TA on Tuesday the ninth. We camped at the LAs door that morning waiting to book! We are flying over 10 days early to sightsee before boarding. Very excited! Just retired this summer.

Congrats on your retirement;

Don't know if both Concierges will be on board, when Oasis's coming back!! My friend will find out if Allan will be on board in Jan....

Don't know Israel Sanchez, personally, but most people like him! Hope you will have both, when coming back to the States!!

Yes, the concierge on Oasis is the same of Allure! Cruised on Oasis 10 times and once on Allure!

Have a great and safe long weekend

Franca

Sent with my iPhone

Sent with my iPhone

Israel Sanchez on one of the best of the very best. We've sailed with him

many times (not on Oasis, though).

Cruzin Lady

Karen, we LOVE Israel! Please, please, please say hello...we've sailed with him several times and I am sure he'll remember the blinkies, my silly hubby, the hair, etc. What an awesome guy. We cruised with Allan once on Mariner and said hello to him the day he originally boarded Oasis, seemed nice, but we didn't have a ton of interaction for me to be able to comment more. But Israel is right up there with Dex on our list!

Israel Sanchez on one of the best of the very best. We've sailed with him

many times (not on Oasis, though).

Cruzin Lady

Don't know Israel personally!

Maybe, he'll be on Oasis in Jan! Would love to finally meet him!!!

We cruised with Allan, many times and we like him!

Hope I'll see him in Jan, too!!!

Sent with my iPhone

Hi All,

I've not been on the list for quite a while. I'm planning on Jewel to Alaska on 5/29/15 and was wondering who the concierge is?

Also looking at Independence or Liberty in January of 16.

Family is looking at a TransAtlantic sometime this summer...

All this to ask... does this group no longer post the list of which concierge is on which ship?

Thanks!