Current Concierges continued

PH8

Has anyone been on Oasis recently. According to the list Rami is in the Diamond lounge. He was suite concierge on Serenade when we were on in May and was heading off to Oasis a few weeks later but wasn't due to be on when we're there in a couple of weeks. Lovely man and it would be nice to see him again.

Interested in opions of Amit's efforts on Rhapsody

Amit gets positive reviews from us. He joined our 29 days on Rhapsody in April/May halfway through, in Hawaii, and got off to a slow start, after RCI's travel plans kept him sleep-deprived. But he hung in there like a trouper. We look forward to seeing him next month. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Amit gets positive reviews from us. He joined our 29 days on Rhapsody in April/May halfway through, in Hawaii, and got off to a slow start, after RCI's travel plans kept him sleep-deprived. But he hung in there like a trouper. We look forward to seeing him next month. :)
I agree with Karen Amid went out of his way to help anyone, you did not even have to ask him. Several times he offered assistance/advise if he overheard you talking about something.

Just want to give a shout out and a big thank you to Rahul on FOS. We are sailing this Sunday (17) and I sent an email to Rahul a couple of months ago indicating we had another couple join our group but they couldn't get main seating (which we already had). He replied within a few hours that he couldn't do anything until a few days before our cruise but that he would take care of it.

This morning he sent us an email not only indicating we were all together but also sent us a diagram of the dining room indicating our specific table. Seems like he really knows his stuff.

Just want to give a shout out and a big thank you to Rahul on FOS. We are sailing this Sunday (17) and I sent an email to Rahul a couple of months ago indicating we had another couple join our group but they couldn't get main seating (which we already had). He replied within a few hours that he couldn't do anything until a few days before our cruise but that he would take care of it.

This morning he sent us an email not only indicating we were all together but also sent us a diagram of the dining room indicating our specific table. Seems like he really knows his stuff.

Rahul is a fantastic Concierge!!!! He worked for two weeks to get us an acceptable time for My Time Dining for 7 people. The CL under his watch was very well run.

We have been sailing with Rahul on FR probably since 2010. He was the DL Concierge at first. I hope he will be be the Concierge when we sail on FR on 2-22-2015.

Edited by SherriZ366

I see that the DL Concierge is Mangesh Jambhulkar -- he has been DL Concierge on FR and was also fabulous. A good reason to sail on VI. As we spend a lot of time in the lounge, the Concierge makes a big difference.

I see that the DL Concierge is Mangesh Jambhulkar -- he has been DL Concierge on FR and was also fabulous. A good reason to sail on VI. As we spend a lot of time in the lounge, the Concierge makes a big difference.

This is very nice to hear. I haven't heard of Mangesh before.

Gina

This is very nice to hear. I haven't heard of Mangesh before.

Gina

He comes from Guest Relations and has been concierge a number of times on FR. He was our DL concierge a few years ago and was the DL Concierge on our May 4, 2014 cruise.

With Mangesh moving to VI, wonder who will be the third member of the FR Concierge team -- in addition to Rahul and Bertie.

He comes from Guest Relations and has been concierge a number of times on FR. He was our DL concierge a few years ago and was the DL Concierge on our May 4, 2014 cruise.

With Mangesh moving to VI, wonder who will be the third member of the FR Concierge team -- in addition to Rahul and Bertie.

Doesn't it seem there is more movement than usual? Not just among concierges but captains, too.

Gina

Doesn't it seem there is more movement than usual? Not just among concierges but captains, too.

Gina

I think with the new ships coming out, there is a lot of movement in both areas. Don't know if you posted this but on another thread I saw the following about Captain Gus: "Second Captain on Anthem will be Gus Andersson. He will only be doing one contract on the Quantum when she comes out, and then move on to the pre-build on the Anthem."

This may have already been mentioned, but I haven't been able to read the whole thread...I have to mention my and my family's total dislike for JD on the Radiance this past month. He was rude and never friendly......I could go into further detail of his opening night speech and never ending voice mails....but I'm sure it's been covered here before....Future cruisers be warned...use the Purell in the CL if JD is the concierge :p On the flip side, JJ in the Diamond Lounge was AWESOME!!!! I hope she can take JD's job SOON.

Happy cruising to all!! :)

Interested in opions of Amit's efforts on Rhapsody

I'm belatedly jumping on the Amit bandwagon. We have sailed with him twice and he is exceptional. He takes the initiative without grandstanding and is unfailing courteous even in the face of some very demanding passengers. We sailed with him twice on Rhapsody and hope to cross paths with him again.

This may have already been mentioned, but I haven't been able to read the whole thread...I have to mention my and my family's total dislike for JD on the Radiance this past month. He was rude and never friendly......I could go into further detail of his opening night speech and never ending voice mails....but I'm sure it's been covered here before....Future cruisers be warned...use the Purell in the CL if JD is the concierge :p On the flip side, JJ in the Diamond Lounge was AWESOME!!!! I hope she can take JD's job SOON.

Happy cruising to all!! :)

Wow, and one of the things that we love the most about him is the voice mails. I guess life is full of variety:confused:. Now, I have seen him be very unfriendly to those who pick up food with out tongs:eek::D And yes, we also love JJ.