Current Concierges continued

PH8

It didn't get posted to the top as a sticky like I had hoped.

Gina

I didn't ask to have it placed at the top of the forum as a sticky. I asked to have it placed at the top of this specific thread only. As a poll is placed at the top of it's respective thread.

Oops.........must have misinterpreted your post above.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

This might be the way we have to do it.

It didn't get posted to the top as a sticky like I had hoped. I thought it could be placed at the top of the thread like a poll is placed. It ended up getting edited into the first post of the thread which I'm not sure anyone even sees. I sure don't see it. I have CC set up to take me to the most recent posts first and I can scroll back to see earlier posts. But I sure don't scroll back that far. That was a long, long time ago.

I've resubmitted my request to have it placed separately as a link in the position of a poll. Maybe it will happen. Maybe not. Reposting it will have to work. Anyone can re-post it whenever they want or as needed if anyone asks who's on board who doesn't have it bookmarked.

Gina

This is only a guess on my part but I don't think CC is particularly interested in making it easy for us to move off to other sites. There is no add revenue in that for them. Sometimes we forget that they are in business. If the link is posted every few pages and they don't start objecting to it, I think it will be fine. I also bookmarked and would like to express my appreciation both for the new list and also would like to acknowledge the fine job done for so long by the OP.

I think that the main objection to links is to those that compete with CC.

And as for ad revenue, I just booked a car for our upcoming trip in Italy and now there's a banner ad on this thread encouraging me to do so, with the company I just booked with. I JUST DID. STOP WATCHING ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE.:mad:

This is only a guess on my part but I don't think CC is particularly interested in making it easy for us to move off to other sites. There is no add revenue in that for them. Sometimes we forget that they are in business. If the link is posted every few pages and they don't start objecting to it, I think it will be fine. I also bookmarked and would like to express my appreciation both for the new list and also would like to acknowledge the fine job done for so long by the OP.

It's not another site. It's a document that contains the names of the concierges. Nothing more. They aren't opposed to it. It's not advertising or anything to do with an agency.

CC did post the link as an edit to the very first post in the thread. I've been told they don't have the ability to attach it as a sticky within the tread. I had hoped it could be added as the polls are added.

It will be easy enough, with so many regular posters involved, to just post the link every page or so or upon request for info. So many of us have it bookmarked. Also, for newcomers, they just might start with the first post and see the link there.

Gina

Oops.........must have misinterpreted your post above.:D

Yes, I had explained in detail to Jenn where I wanted to have it posted - to the top of this thread. She did in fact put it there, within the first post as an edit. She said stickies don't work within threads and it's not a poll so it doesn't work that way.

It will work great as it is with so many people willing to repost it from their bookmark.

I did say this immediately after the sentence you misinterpreted - "I thought it could be placed at the top of the thread like a poll is placed." So I thought I clarified what I was saying.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I think that the main objection to links is to those that compete with CC.

And as for ad revenue, I just booked a car for our upcoming trip in Italy and now there's a banner ad on this thread encouraging me to do so, with the company I just booked with. I JUST DID. STOP WATCHING ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE.:mad:

I had the same thing happen with Tapa Talk, only I could not get rid of the banner ad, and it was blocking the log on area to most of the websites I access. The only way I was able to finally get rid of it was to re-boot the tablet. I, too, have already purchased their product.

I had the same thing happen with Tapa Talk, only I could not get rid of the banner ad, and it was blocking the log on area to most of the websites I access. The only way I was able to finally get rid of it was to re-boot the tablet. I, too, have already purchased their product.

I paid for tapatalk when it was first available and I'm annoyed that I am now subjected to ads within it.

Gina

Here is the list of concierges as it stands right now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Click the tabs at the bottom of the page for the lounge or information you are interested in seeing.

Anyone with information can just report it right here and someone will update the list. It's a team effort.

Here is the list of concierges as it stands right now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Click the tabs at the bottom of the page for the lounge or information you are interested in seeing.

Anyone with information can just report it right here and someone will update the list. It's a team effort.

Thank you for this. I do know the Radiance class, Brilliance and Jewel CL Hours are from 5:00pm until 8:00pm.

I paid for tapatalk when it was first available and I'm annoyed that I am now subjected to ads within it.

Gina

Hi Gina,

I decided not to use tapatalk when I read that it did not show signatures. Is that still the case? Are the ads you speak of in addition to CC's ads that I see on all browsers? or are they on top of everything else as pop ups? What a shame either way. :(

I don't know if it is true for all Freedom class, but Freedom has started "happy hour" at 430 for the past two years. Early seating is 530 rather than 600.

On Legend, Brilliance and Serenade, we've experienced early dining starting at 5:30 and the CL opening at 4:30. We're told it depends on the itinerary/demographics.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I agree -- I really appreciate the OP and the new spreadsheet!

Fernando and Dexter Fraser are currently in the CL on Allure. Dexter goes on vacation August 24 and returns October 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo! So as long as Dexter returns to the same ship after vacation I should see him December 14th! And Fernando was either our first or second concierge ever...I hope to see him again, too. :D

Hi Gina,

I decided not to use tapatalk when I read that it did not show signatures. Is that still the case? Are the ads you speak of in addition to CC's ads that I see on all browsers? or are they on top of everything else as pop ups? What a shame either way. :(

The ad is a bar at the top of the feed. It is localized if location services is on. But no matter what, it's an ad, and sometimes they make it appear as if it's something you're supposed to click. About 2 bars down there is another ad about cruises which I assume is the cruise critic ad. So basically, sometimes you end up with 2 ads on the page. The ad part way down will have the blue dot next to it so it appears to be an unread thread in the feed - which it is not. :(

It's still easier to read subscribed or participated threads on the run if you don't have time to explore the new threads. But I'm still not liking it especially since I paid for the app.

Gina

Small changes and corrections to the list concerning Voyager and Adventure:

New users, click concierge lounge or diamond lounge tabs at the bottom of the page.

From this post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43313584&postcount=3320 it looks like Fernando Cataldo from Splendour left for vacation on July 5.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have re-configured my settings, I hope the banner ad will not come back. This ad popped up on top of all my websites, not just CC, which was particularly annoying, as I mentioned. I emailed Tapa Talk, but to date, no response. :(

Edited by travelgoddess1

Woohoo! So as long as Dexter returns to the same ship after vacation I should see him December 14th! And Fernando was either our first or second concierge ever...I hope to see him again, too. :D

Dexter should be there. I have asked for dates for the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the same Fernando that used to be an LA?

Gee Bob, I don't really know. We met Fernando when we did the Jewel TA back in 2012 and he was Concierge back then. He was transferred to the ship to help out due to the vast number of D/D+/PC Members on board.