Current Concierges continued

PH8

We recently did a back to back on Mariner, and we really missed Israel. We have had others, but nobody as good as he is. Luca isn't anything compared to Israel. Maybe something good will happen with Israel; we hope so.

We had Israel on Voyager and he was great. But our cruise is upcoming in March and folks on our Roll Call were hoping to hear about Luca....preferably GOOD things about Luca....

Without intending to touch off any firestorms, can you elaborate somewhat on whether Luca provided good service as the Concierge and, if not, why not?:confused:

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Thabks a million, I have not heard much about Oana Popa, not sure if that's good or bad......

It was the first time we met her. We had sailed with Mario two times previously and loved him. I understand that she is usually in the Diamond Lounge. We really didn't have much interaction with her but she seemed nice enough.

Anyone else with recent info about any of the ships??:)

I spoke with Mario Reyes today and he told me that he has just been informed that when he returns on April 9th he will be going to the Explorer of the Seas. He said he didn't know if this was temporary or not. Of course this could change again between now and then.

We had Israel on Voyager and he was great. But our cruise is upcoming in March and folks on our Roll Call were hoping to hear about Luca....preferably GOOD things about Luca....

Without intending to touch off any firestorms, can you elaborate somewhat on whether Luca provided good service as the Concierge and, if not, why not?:confused:

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Luca was very good on the Navigator out of Rome back in the summer of 2010. I don't require much from the concierge, but, he was helpful with information on the local area. He had great lunch suggestions for all ports and was able to get my passport back from Guest Relations. He was very proactive in dealing with guests, not one of those who sit at the computer much of the time.

Luca on the Mariner stinks. The only thing I asked was for tickets for our group to the Tuesday 2:30 Ice show. We asked Sunday and reminded him again Monday. He never called the Cruise Staff and requested the tickets. I had said if he was not able to get the tickets just let me know and I would stand in line to get them. He never bothered to get them or let me know he wasn't going to request them.

Why the heck does he promise something and then not follow thru? "Oh so Sorry" - that doesn't fix the problem. BOO HISS to Luca .... Many thanks to the Cruise Director Staff they know what Customer Service is.

Kathy I heard from Israel, he said he asked Luca on the Mariner if he would like to switch ships but he said no.

So Israel is still on the VY to Far East and OZ. Wish we could get him this side of the world.

Awww. I know he really wanted to stay in the Western Caribbean close to family!! Sorry to hear this.:(

I spoke with Mario Reyes today and he told me that he has just been informed that when he returns on April 9th he will be going to the Explorer of the Seas. He said he didn't know if this was temporary or not. Of course this could change again between now and then.

Well that ties in with Carlos Ortiz on the Explorer. On the last night of our cruise he was notified that he was moving to the Liberty in Europe - and was not happy about it. He loved the Explorer and knew the ship inside out.

JasYHZ

Thanks,

VR,

T Lex

Just off Mariner and Luca was wonderful. He was friendly, mingled with guests and helped make drinks when needed, and after friends sat down in glitter in their black suit and dress on formal night we requested a cleaning for their clothes and he made it happen (no charge). Oh, and he's easy on the eyes, too. ;)

This I do know, In 31 days I leave home to cruise for 42 days.:D Woo Hoo!!!!!
Lucky,lucky you...oh yea Bob too:D:D

Thanks!!:)

AD Adventure of the Seas -Fernando

(Reshma on vacation 12/18/11-2/19/12)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Fernando/Rahim

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

BR Brilliance of the Seas - Betsy Medrano(Edson Rosa on vacation 12/11/11)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser (Charmaine Femandas on vacation 01/16/12)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Carlos Javier Ortiz(Mario Reyes as of 4/9/12)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)-Willie

(Diamond)-Amit till 2/19/12 - Rahul Barua(on vacation)

GR Grandeur of the Seas - none

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Raj -(Ken Boodoo-on vacation as of 2/13/12)

(Diamond) -Coumella Arandia

JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid-till April 28th (Jasmin on vacation12/10/11 )

LG Legend of the Seas -none

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Oana Popa(from 2/04/ to 4/9--returning to Diamond Lounge 4/10 to 4/28) Carlos Ortiz TBD

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -Luca Lorgio(Nadia Gruber on vacation)

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas – Karen Hernandez(starts vacation 04/12)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Allan/Natalia

(Diamond) Roberto

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till 3/6/12 returns 4/5/120

(Diamond)Silvia Abreu De Gasperi(till March sometime,returning in May)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas -Amit(date TBD)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Victor-(Francois back Feb 2012)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi(till 04/22/12)

VI Vision of the Seas - none

VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez(till 03/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

I will be sailing on the Radiance on March 6th for 18 days. After reading all the positive comments on Juan Diego, it's disappointing that I will not be able to meet him. Does anyone have any idea who his replacement might be, and any comments on that person? Thanks.

I will be sailing on the Radiance on March 6th for 18 days. After reading all the positive comments on Juan Diego, it's disappointing that I will not be able to meet him. Does anyone have any idea who his replacement might be, and any comments on that person? Thanks.

Steven, the former diamond lounge concierge is supposed to replace him. But the whole schedule is up in the air for now for various reasons. In the next week or so there should be a firm schedule in place for both lounges on RD. Don't count on anyone for sure at the moment.

Gina

Well that ties in with Carlos Ortiz on the Explorer. On the last night of our cruise he was notified that he was moving to the Liberty in Europe - and was not happy about it. He loved the Explorer and knew the ship inside out.

JasYHZ

That is the Liberty's good fortune. :)

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser (Charmaine Femandas on vacation 01/16/12)

(Diamond)-Amit till 2/19/12 - Rahul Barua(on vacation)

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Raj -(Ken Boodoo-on vacation as of 2/13/12)

JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid-till April 28th (Jasmin on vacation12/10/11 )

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Oana Popa(from 2/04/ to 4/9--returning to Diamond Lounge 4/10 to 4/28) Carlos Ortiz TBD

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

(Diamond) Roberto

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till at least 4/22/12)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Victor-(Francois back Feb 2012)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

My wife and I will be on the Freedom OTS this sunday. I will try to get updates for you.
Thanks!! I imagine Rahul is back now and Amit will be going to the Rhapsody,after his vacation..

Francois Roux started back as concierge on our cruise 2/4/2012. He was warmly welcomed back by all!

Thank you too!

Edited by PH8

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

(Diamond)- Rahul Barua

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

(Diamond) Roberto

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till at least 4/22/12)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux (as of 2/04/12)-Victor on vacation

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

I see that the vacation plans for Juan-Diego on Radiance have been postponed and we will have the opportunity to meet him on our 03/06/12 cruise. I'm looking forward to it as so many have given him rave reviews:)

That info has made many happy esp 2 very special posters on here.:D