Should I be concerned??

Leibe_

Last Saturday I booked a cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on the Silly. I paid for the cruise since we are close to final payment. On the Celebrity website there is still no indication of that reservation. My last cruise was noted almost immediately so I'm a little worried. I know the website has problems but..................

I would be concerned.

I'd call whomever you book with today and ask about this. If you're past final payment time you should definitely be able to get into your reservation to complete the online check-in info and/or make other additions such as excursions or specialty restaurants if you choose to do so.

Out of many cruises the only time I've not seen our reservation immediately was when our TA had the cabins locked up on a group booking but hadn't allocated the cabins yet on Celebrity's system. But this was a year or more in advance and nowhere near final payment date.

Last Saturday I booked a cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on the Silly. I paid for the cruise since we are close to final payment. On the Celebrity website there is still no indication of that reservation. My last cruise was noted almost immediately so I'm a little worried. I know the website has problems but..................

If you booked thru a travel agent, did they give you a Celebrity Cruises reservation number? If so, you may be able to link it yourself. You can go into "my reservations" and at the bottom of that screen, you will see a section that allows you to link it.

I would be concerned and look into the situation ASAP. We book a lot of cruises through online TAs and our reservation is on the cruise line web site immediately (within a minute). When we book (most of the time we do not even talk to a human) we immedately get the cruise line booking number. I then go right on the cruise line site, login, and double check my reservation.

However, you should check your reservation by searching on the reservation by using the "Online Check-In" procedure located at the top of the Celebrity web page. If booked through a TA it is possible that your reservation will not appear under your personal account. If your reservation shows when you look under the "Online Check-In" Procedure (this is where you just use your name and reservation number) but it does not show when you log-in and look under "My Reservations" this is an option on this page where you simply add your reservation (called "How to Add an Offline Reservation"). Personally, we think Celebrity has made this a bit complicated but it is the way it is!

Hank

If you booked thru a travel agent, did they give you a Celebrity Cruises reservation number? If so, you may be able to link it yourself. You can go into "my reservations" and at the bottom of that screen, you will see a section that allows you to link it.

That is a very good point. In fact - we've run into certain reservations through our TA that couldn't be added to "my reservations" for one reason or another but we could accessed by clicking the "online check-in" link at the top of the Celebrity home page or through some of the direct links for booking excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. located throughout the website.

I've had a cruise booked for months, not to final payment yet, but the Celebrity website won't let me add it to My Reservations. I could always do this in the past.

It says "Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions". I called the website tech support and after about 20 minutes of checking they said, "yeah that happens sometimes." I really miss the old website before they added these improvements...

Tom

I've had a cruise booked for months, not to final payment yet, but the Celebrity website won't let me add it to My Reservations. I could always do this in the past.

It says "Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions". I called the website tech support and after about 20 minutes of checking they said, "yeah that happens sometimes." I really miss the old website before they added these improvements...

Tom

We had the exact same problem a year ago on our Mercury booking. Like you, we called Celebrity and they gave us the same answer ("it happens") and also added there was nothing they could do to fix the problem. But we could always access the reservation using the "Online Check-In" option. On our most recent cruise we were able to use the add a cruise function with no problems.

Hank

Tom

I hate to tell you, but the old website did this also. The workaround is described in other posts. When I called Celebrity, that's the workaround they gave me, so it's been a known issue for a long time and they choose not to fix it.

I hate to tell you, but the old website did this also. The workaround is described in other posts. When I called Celebrity, that's the workaround they gave me, so it's been a known issue for a long time and they choose not to fix it.

Hi Linda,

This error has been around for at least 5 years... probably more. It's amazing how they all know about it, and cannot seem to resolve it. You would think this issue would be near the top of their IT's "To-Do" list, but no. Very Strange.

Hi Linda,

This error has been around for at least 5 years... probably more. It's amazing how they all know about it, and cannot seem to resolve it. You would think this issue would be near the top of their IT's "To-Do" list, but no. Very Strange.

I have said and continue to believe that their IT director is related to someone in the penthouse offices. No way would a private, for profit, company tolerate what we have to go thru to use their website. I have never seen any site with this many issues.

Hi Linda,

I have said and continue to believe that their IT director is related to someone in the penthouse offices. No way would a private, for profit, company tolerate what we have to go thru to use their website. I have never seen any site with this many issues.

Unfortunately they seem to pay much more attention to how splashy the copy is on the home page and a few other marketing oriented pages than than how well the website works for people to be able to use it for their ongoing needs in managing bookings and cruises.

Could this be a browser issue? I don't understand why some people run into problems and others doing the same thing don't have any:confused: I have 3 cruises under My Reservations, all with a TA and have never had a problem accessing/adding etc. and have never used the workaround. I am always surprised when someone complains about website issues with X.

Could this be a browser issue? I don't understand why some people run into problems and others doing the same thing don't have any:confused: I have 3 cruises under My Reservations, all with a TA and have never had a problem accessing/adding etc. and have never used the workaround. I am always surprised when someone complains about website issues with X.

It is not a browser issue as when I've run into it (it has been some time for me now) I've had more than one cruise booked and others showed up fine in the "My Reservations" section of "My Celebrity". Also, some cruises show up as soon as my TA books them and some I need to use the booking number the TA provides me and add them to "My reservations" on my own and they work fine after that. So results are all over the board on this.

To me the main problem is that the layout of the Celebrity website is very poorly designed and is not at all user-friendly. I don't have a problem accessing it either, but find it awkward and inconvenient to use.

Unless we need to get into our own reservations, we prefer using other company websites that provide the same information in a more easily accessible format with a more logical layout.

For example, we will go to a site that shows the prices for all the cabin categories together, making it easy to compare prices without needing to keep switching back and forth from screen to screen the way the Celebrity site makes you do.

Their priority seems to be appearance over functionality.

Lsimon nailed it when he said "they seem to pay much more attention to how splashy the copy is on the home page and a few other marketing oriented pages than than how well the website works...."

To answer a few questions. I don't use a TA, booked directly with Celebrity. I used a debit card and it has already been charged to my account, both the cabin and the air. I will try accessing it through a go-a-round and see what happens. If I still can't will call Celebrity in the morning.

Didn't have this problem with last booking nor the TA that I have coming up in December, 2012. Even when others were having trouble, I could find my information. :mad::(:confused:

First call would be to my credit card company to see if my account had been chagred then, in any event, I would call Celebrity to see what is going on. If they do not have your reservation you can make it at that time. Good luck.:)

Is everything OK? How did it work out?

I can get to the reservation if I go through Online check-in but it still doesn't appear under My Reservations. Sure glad the onboard service is better than the Online service.

Thanks for asking.

I can get to the reservation if I go through Online check-in but it still doesn't appear under My Reservations. Sure glad the onboard service is better than the Online service.

Thanks for asking.

Glad this worked out for you Lee.:D See you over on the roll-call!!

MB.

Archived