Almost NOBODY on Roll Call for Med cruise

I don't understand it. Even cruises for the end of 2012 have active roll calls. We are cruising NOS June 3, 2012 and the same three people have been on for months.

Is it because mostly europeans take this cruise?

Can anyone tell me what might be the reason for such a lack of participation?

I am so disappinted. I am so eager to find out what others are planning for tours, taxis, etc. Eager to possibly for groups for tours, and basically share the excitement. :( :(

Hi

I'm on 3 roll calls - Indy out of Southampton in Feb, Adventure out of Malaga in July and Freedom out of Port Canaveral in October and the Freedom one is far more active - I tink it's all due to the number of Europeans on the first 2...it really is disappointing as I enjoy the talk about who's going where and what they're gonna be doing :)

On our Indy roll call there are 25 members but only 17 booked on the official M&M on RCI - it's as though UK cruisers aren't as savvy as the US pax...:(

I don't think it's because there are a lack of Americans on European cruises as to why the roll calls are dead. For our NOS this past summer we only had about 8 posters. Only got the 25 required for the M & M because my group was 9 and another had 5. And then the roll call only got busy about 3 months out. That cruise probably had over half Americans onboard.

For our cruise this coming June for western med on Mariner, my family are the only ones signed up so far for the M & M. The only other poster on the roll call mentioned changing cruises after they changed the itinerary. Haven't heard back so likely they changed.

I know a lot of the ones on our med cruise last summer were on their first cruise. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I had a very small roll call for my Voyager cruise last year. I would check out the roll calls before and after to get ideas. Of course, it didn't help with getting together with others for bookings on private excursions, but I could still share my excitement about the cruise.

We went on B2B cruises this past June out of Venice on NCL. The roll call was sooo slow - very very little chit chat. Two years ago out of Barcelona on NCL we had at least 60 people just talking and planning. I think between 2009 and 2011, the Europeans have discovered cruising as affordable (given the low dollar) and take the families on a cruise value-minded vacation. I think our low attendance in the roll call this past summer was due to a huge increase in Europeans taking vacations; English not their first language; and high Euro / low dollar perhaps discourages US/Canadians in traveling abroad. On board both weeks - the languages on board was anything but English - mostly Italian, French, and Spanish.

So I have come to the conclusion that the roll calls attendance was low and coincided proportionately to the low English speaking customers on board. Hope that makes sense.

Speaking from experience - we took a fabulous Med cruise this past summer - you will be so busy and tired and will practically fall into bed every night anyway. I wouldn't be overly concerned about being active on a roll call. JMHO.

Completely agree. First Med cruise out of Barcelona there couldn't have been more than 5-6 posters and the informal get together we talked about never happened. Second Med cruise same thing. But port days are so full and other passengers were so friendly, never missed having an M&M.

The Ports boards were excellent for gathering information on what to do, how to get around, etc. so planning was easy.

Have a great cruise.

Our cruise leaving from Barcelona on May 29 on Serenade to the Mediteranean and Greece only has 6 pages. It is pretty slow as well in comparison to our Ultimate Alaska cruise, which was very active. We are hoping it will pick up as we'd like to share some private excursions.

Mary Anne

Archived