- 11 Miles off of Cuba

- Distance travelled since leaving Miami 352nm averaging 17.8 knots

- Distance to Roatan 418nm

- Currently doing 22 knots

- 6175 feet of water below us

- Air temp 75 degrees, sea temp 82 degrees

- Strong wells up to 15 feet, seas 9 feet winds 25 knots

- Roatan is expected to be 81 degrees

By 3pm we were off the very western tip of Cuba heading into the Caribbean Sea from the Gulf of Mexico

Bingo sessions have about 75 people in attendance and seem well attended

The stern of the ship has been cork screwing just about all morning and through lunch making some of the MDR lunch attendees sick (they were seated all the way back near the stern windows) and it wasn't a pretty scene. My MDR tablemate was there and one of the 'victims'

The Self Guided Art Tour via iPod was basically a bust. There is no map to help guide you and only because I had already scoured the ship stem to stern, top to bottom, did I already know where to go. The tiny screen on the iPod really doesn't help either. It could be so much better.

Can't believe I have another 8 days of this!

More to come later.....

G'day Mate,

Sounds like you are having a ball already, we have 4" of snow on the ground with more tonight - want to change places!!!

Just read that Grand Cayman closed their port today due wave height, hope it settles down before your arrival next week.

Enjoy your formal dinner tonight.

Tony

G'day Mate,

Sounds like you are having a ball already, we have 4" of snow on the ground with more tonight - want to change places!!!

Just read that Grand Cayman closed their port today due wave height, hope it settles down before your arrival next week.

Enjoy your formal dinner tonight.

Tony

THANKS Tony for the info. And the Captain has personally promised us there will be no snow this week! ;)

More about today....

A quick rundown of the Pay Per View movies available during this cruise on the in-cabin TV:

A Better Life

A Little Help

Applause

Bad Teacher

Buck

Captain America

Cars 2

Chasing Murdoff

Citizen USA

Cowboys and Aliens

Friends With Benefits

Green Latern

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Ever Wish Your Boss Was Dead

Judy Moody and the not so Bummer Summer

Margin Call

Meek's Cutoff

Midnight in Paris

Monte Carlo

Mr Poppers Penguins

Sarah's Key

Spooky Buddies (Disney)

The Hangover Part 2

The Help

Transformers Dark of the Moon

Winnie the Pooh (2011)

X-Men: First Class

Zookeeper

Prices ranges from $3.99 to $9.99

More about today:

Lots of great steel drum music poolside by a really cool duo. The pool area stayed pretty busy until late afternoon. Lots of kids in the jacuzzis. The weather was about as perfect as you could hope for.

By 5:30pm we were due east of Cancun and SSW of the western tip of Cuba.

Skipped dinner in the MDR after seeing so many people dressed up. Lots of suits, some tuxedos, ladies in everything from sequined gowns to strapless cocktail dresses. Everyone looked amazing.

Ate dinner in the lido buffet. The offerings included sushi, two carving stations, grilled chicken and fish, salads, pasta station, lots of dessert and pastries, fruit, and fresh made to order stir fry station, Indian specialties, and pizza. Of course there was soft serve ice cream with cones and toppings.

Enjoyed some piano-man style music in Michaels Club (Patrick Hall) before heading back to the Rendezvous Lounge. Let me tell you something now...

Don't miss the 'party band' called '60280', a cover group that belted out everything from Abba to the Beach Boys, Patsy Cline to Elvis, music that was spot on and made your heart jump for joy and your hands sore from clapping. I swear this was the same group that was on the Celebrity Mercury last December out of Baltimore? Anyways, they are absolutely BRILLIANT and by far the best lounge entertainment on this entire ship, hands down, period.

Now at 8:30pm we are due east of the southern tip of Cozumel Island. We set our clocks BACK one hour tonight before pulling into Roatan tomorrow.

Should be an interesting day.

Heading out again to listen to more wonderful music. Since we get a 'free' hour tonight I may even stay up past 11pm.... ;)

More coming tomorrow.

Dinner last night in the MDR followed Menu B from the menu thread.

Some quick general notes:

A list of the channels available on the stateroom TV:

Channel 12 The Cruise Directors channel

Channel 13 Shore Excursions (view only, no orders)

Channel 14 Port and Shopping Channel

Channel 15 GPS Map (this is cool)

Channel 16 Bridge View and pop music (shows arrival/departure, temps, etc)

Channel 17 CNBC

Channel 18 MSNBC

Channel 19 BBC World News

Channel 20 Sky News

Channel 21 Fox News

Channel 22 E! News

Channel 23 Movie Channel (free movies, not PPV)

Channel 24 Food Channel

Channel 25 Documentary Channel

Channel 26 CBS Eye on Celebrit

Channel 27 Sea TV (shipboard shows from previous day)

Channel 28 International Movie Channel

Channel 29 CNN

Channel 30 ESPN

Channel 31 TNT

Channel 32 Headline News

Channel 33 Cartoon Network

Channel 34 Celebrity Cruises Special Feed Channel

On the Interactive part of your TV you can:

- Order PPV movies

- Set Parental controls

- Order Shore Excursions

- Retrieve your room messages

- Account Review

- Order Room Service

- Order wine service

- Verify guest your guest information

- View Onboard Experience

- Safety Video

- Music

And a list of individually bagged hot tea bags available free in the Lido cafe:

- Rooibos (Herbal)

- English Breakfast

-Hot Tea Blends

- Earl Grey

- Mango

- Green Tea

- Mint

- Darjeeling

Now to start today:

The alarm clock in my head went off (4:30am) long before the one I set on the the telephone (6am) so I ws up whether I liked it or not. How do you turn off the alarm clock in my head? I think it just must be the excitment of pulling into port, even though it's a port I have nothing planned.

So at 4:45am we were due east of the Turneff Islands and due north of the Islas de la Bahia, or Bay Islands of Honduras of which Roatan is a part of.

We are scheduled for a 10am arrival, departure 6pm with an All Aboard by 5:45pm. Two other ships are scheduled to be here too, the Carnival Valor and Carnival Dream, but they dock at their own private facility called Mahogony Bay a couple of miles down the road from were we dock at Coxen Hole.

Elegant Tea at 4pm for Elites (not me) in Michaels Club. I wonder what they serve?

The Sizzle party is tonight on Deck 10 and 11 topside at the main pool weather permitting. This was great fun last year on the Celebrity Mercury, so I sure it will be a blast this year too.

Breakfast is another two hours away and I'm wide awake, so no chance of going back to bed. May wonder around topside and see if I can see island lights.

More later.....

Dinner last night in the MDR followed Menu B from the menu thread.

Some quick general notes:

A list of the channels available on the stateroom TV:

Channel 12 The Cruise Directors channel

Channel 13 Shore Excursions (view only, no orders)

Channel 14 Port and Shopping Channel

Channel 15 GPS Map (this is cool)

Channel 16 Bridge View and pop music (shows arrival/departure, temps, etc)

Channel 17 CNBC

Channel 18 MSNBC

Channel 19 BBC World News

Channel 20 Sky News

Channel 21 Fox News

Channel 22 E! News

Channel 23 Movie Channel (free movies, not PPV)

Channel 24 Food Channel

Channel 25 Documentary Channel

Channel 26 CBS Eye on Celebrit

Channel 27 Sea TV (shipboard shows from previous day)

Channel 28 International Movie Channel

Channel 29 CNN

Channel 30 ESPN

Channel 31 TNT

Channel 32 Headline News

Channel 33 Cartoon Network

Channel 34 Celebrity Cruises Special Feed Channel

On the Interactive part of your TV you can:

- Order PPV movies

- Set Parental controls

- Order Shore Excursions

- Retrieve your room messages

- Account Review

- Order Room Service

- Order wine service

- Verify guest your guest information

- View Onboard Experience

- Safety Video

- Music

And a list of individually bagged hot tea bags available free in the Lido cafe:

- Rooibos (Herbal)

- English Breakfast

-Hot Tea Blends

- Earl Grey

- Mango

- Green Tea

- Mint

- Darjeeling

Now to start today:

The alarm clock in my head went off (4:30am) long before the one I set on the the telephone (6am) so I ws up whether I liked it or not. How do you turn off the alarm clock in my head? I think it just must be the excitment of pulling into port, even though it's a port I have nothing planned.

So at 4:45am we were due east of the Turneff Islands and due north of the Islas de la Bahia, or Bay Islands of Honduras of which Roatan is a part of.

We are scheduled for a 10am arrival, departure 6pm with an All Aboard by 5:45pm. Two other ships are scheduled to be here too, the Carnival Valor and Carnival Dream, but they dock at their own private facility called Mahogony

Bay a couple of miles down the road from were we dock at Coxen Hole.

Elegant Tea at 4pm for Elites (not me) in Michaels Club. I wonder what they serve?

The Sizzle party is tonight on Deck 10 and 11 topside at the main pool weather permitting. This was great fun last year on the Celebrity Mercury, so I sure it will be a blast this year too.

Breakfast is another two hours away and I'm wide awake, so no chance of going back to bed. May wonder around topside and see if I can see island lights.

More later.....

Hi David,

I just caught up started a little late.

You sure are giving a Lot of good info. Fun to read along. Am reliving a lot.

Was thinking I hope you are typing all when not on line.

Then going on line and coping and pasting it to save your mins.

If you like tea I take a bag of Earl-Gray and one of Mint and brew them together is very good.

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to meeting you next week.

I am packing the crystal light. :D

By 8am there were lots of folks topside with cameras among the morning joggers. We are just off the western tip of the island of Roatan and the skies are mostly overcast with rain showers in the distance to the east. You can make out the mountains of mainland Honduras from the ship even from this distance. The ship has slowed considerably from our normal cruising speed so I guess we may be a bit early since we still about 90 minutes before docking. The handrails on Deck 11 are covered in sea salt. Be careful not to rub your good clothes up against them!

More later after we dock!!!!

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, am using the ships Internet package and using my Netbook and iPhone. :)

More about today:

As soon as we rounded the western tip of the island you could already see the two Carnival ships docked at Mahogany Bay. We were close enough to the western tip of the island to easily make out lots of houses, and on the north side of the tip the beaches and hotels (?).

By 9am the Pilot boat was already along side and we were easing well into Coxen Hole. I wasn't really excited about Roatan until we got close enough to make out town. The island has character; neat little houses, a winding road along the bay, and several large buildings right at the dock.

By 9:20am we were easing along side the dock. The first mooring lines went over at 9:29am. There was a really great local dance group in native attire greeting the ship, as well as close to a hundred mini-vans and taxi cabs. You think that they knew we were coming or something? ;)

The ship just cleared the local authorities at 9:46am.

d0727167-508e-a776.jpg

d0727167-50a3-4290.jpg

They don't serve anything you can't get elsewhere on the ship. Small sandwiches which you can get at Cova or in the buffet and scones which you can get in the buffet. Only thing you'll miss is the service. If the tea is being held in Michael's Club, the service should be relatively good since it's small. When it's held in the MDR, the service ranges from good to abysmal. So make your own elegant tea and enjoy!

There are a lot of really great local arts and crafts in town just past the port shops. Turn right after exiting the port shops and walk down several blocks. The town is safe and there are LOTS of folks trying to get you to buy their taxi service or tours. Don't walk too far because you just run out of 'town'.

Maybe about 10 blocks is as far as I went.*

It's lunch time and heading back to the ship!

Free drinks in the AquaSpa Cafe include apple juice, ice tea, lemonade, and orange passion fruit guava cocktail (yum!). There's also individual hot tea bags (see prior list), skim milk, decaf coffee, and regular coffee. They opened at 12noon for lunch Here are some pics of the lunch offerings, the menus here:

http://www.beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Lunch.pdf

be040086-7673-e2ab.jpg

be040086-7683-cc88.jpg

be040086-7693-6659.jpg

be040086-76a3-564f.jpg

be040086-76b5-95e1.jpg

Archived