Sort of LIVE Celebrity Millennium Nov. 28 and Dec. 3rd B2B's

dmwnc1959

How's this for a coincidence! Was checking Cruise Critic after posting my latest update and saw Kevin from the other LIVE thread had posted. Checked it out and saw a picture posted of the ship in Roatan from the same vicinity I am at.

He was standing 10 feet away from me! Very cool. And such a great guy too.

Nice to have been able to meet him! :)

Yours truly in Roatan... ;)

be040086-7939-bfad.jpg

Excellent timing! As you were posting the above picture, he posted the one below:

I met another CC he spelled my name in sign and I was surprised!!

90f6030f.jpg

CruiseCritic networking at its best with a little bit of LUCK too!

How's this for a coincidence! Was checking Cruise Critic after posting my latest update and saw Kevin from the other LIVE thread had posted. Checked it out and saw a picture posted of the ship in Roatan from the same vicinity I am at.

He was standing 10 feet away from me! Very cool. And such a great guy too.

Nice to have been able to meet him! :)

Happy sailing and continue to enjoy!

Excellent timing, I know! Isn't Cruise Critic great.

By 2:45pm it felt like most of the ships passengers where either in the lido buffet or at the main pool. There's steel drum music an a lively crowd.

The weather has been spectacular all afternoon.

And some new pictures of afternoon petit fours that they just put out at the Cova Cafe:

- Raspberry Dome

- Lemon Tartlet

- Peach Mandarin Gouttiere

- Tiramisu

- Apricot Tartlet

- Chocolate Mousse Cake

- Pistachio Dacquois

- Fruit Tartlet

d0727167-9ecc-46f2.jpg

d0727165-9f0b-e150.jpg

d0727167-9f1f-a863.jpg

d0727167-9f3f-8749.jpg

d0727167-9f57-2cd2.jpg

Here is a screen shot off of the in room TV looking at how a passengers onboard account looks with the tips taken out daily.

d0727167-a023-e835.jpg

d0727167-a041-08cb.jpg

There's a 'negative value' because I started off by buying myself $250 OBC through Celebrity Gifts before boarding the ship.

There was a huge cooking and food demonstration Deck 4 on all sides of the lobby atrium. MDR items on the starboard (right) side, The Olympic specialty dining room was done on the port side, sushi and other demonstrations in other areas of the Deck 4 atrium lobby.

They did mention a NEW menu item for the Celebrity fleet that will be introduced shortly: almond encrusted rainbow trout on a bed of mashed potatoes and vegetables.

d0727167-aca1-9b3f.jpg

d0727167-acb5-7549.jpg

d0727167-accd-fbcb.jpg

d0727167-ace2-1c86.jpg

d0727167-ad05-85aa.jpg

Don't miss the 'party band' called '60280', a cover group that belted out everything from Abba to the Beach Boys, Patsy Cline to Elvis...

HEY, ERNIE, ELVIS IS THERE!!!! ;)

Don't worry, it's an inside joke.

Thanks, David, I'm really enjoying your blog.

See you soon.

Tonight's menu followed Menu C from the menu thread except the fish served was the almond crusted trout they talked about during the cooking displays today. It was superb.

Watched the Carnival ships sail from Mahogany Bay, they were all lit up and quite beautiful. Sunset was at 5:15pm.

After dinner I took a short nap and went up later for the Sizzle deck party. It was lively and a lot of fun. It lasted until midnight with lots of dancing and music. There was a wet bar but no food on deck. The buffet was set up with pizza, desserts, and other finger foods. The weather even felt a little on the chilly side.

At midnight we were just a little north of due east of Belize City.

Tomorrow I'll be up early again no doubt. Definitely want to watch the approach to Cozumel and the berth we'll share with Oasis of the Seas. Don't have anything planned so may just stick near the pier and do a little bit of shopping.

Picture taken just after sunset...

d0727167-17b1-dad0.jpg

David,

Thanks for the fantastic updates from the ship and at port. We are sailing on Millie on Dec 12. We will take the same route as you are taking now. These posts of yours are causing a heightened sense of excitement for me. Keep up the effort and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Best Regards,

Bryan & Karla

Houston TX - Go Coogs !!

THANKS for all the kind comments!

Hi Frank! See you and Ernie is a couple of day!

Thursday December 1

Still no sign of Christmas decorations! :( What the heck!

Woke up at 5am. Slept well but still need to ask for the bed topper. A quick shower and then topside to see what is going on....nothing of course was. Sunrise (beautiful) was just after 6am and there are few joggers out this early.

Had breakfast in the lido buffet at 7am: egg-white only omelet with salmon and mushroom and some fresh fruit. Yum! Will have 'second breakfast' before heading off the ship.

We are heading towards Cozumel. You can just see the flat island off the starboard bow. I logged into Marine Traffic and Carnival Inspiration and Oasis of the Seas are already docked, Carnival Elation is coming in from the north and us from the south.

7:45am

Relaxing at the Cova Cafe and the smell of the fresh pastries is just overwhelming. I tried one of the almond croissants and they are superb! Maybe this was 'second breakfast', and 'third breakfast is later? Anyways, THANKS for recommending the croissants! Even though I'm not suppose to be eating delicacies like this (digestive issues), I couldn't resist. Again, they were delicious! We'll see later if the temptation was worth it. ;) Got to get out here, the smell is driving me crazy!!!

8:00am

We are due west of the southern tip of the island. I'm up in the observation lounge (Cosmos) and the day is starting off just perfect: a couple of clouds way off to the east, sunshine all around us (will add to my nice crispy sunburn), calm seas at 3-5 feet and coming from the north, and Kenny Rogers is belting out some classics on the entertainment system. Does it get any better than this? I don't think so. :)

8:05am

I can see the Carnival Elation way off in distance ahead of us, must be at least 15 miles away as she is 'hull down' (Navy term). Can now see the mainland of Mexico to our port side, this means we are now in the Cozumel strait. I wish I had packed my binoculars! I can also see the Oasis of the Seas rising above the tree line way up ahead of us. She already looks massive!

More to come later....

d0727167-8dd2-5881.jpg

8:55am

We are not quite abeam of the other three cruise ships already docked and the pilot boat just now pulled alongside.

9:45am

All moored and waiting to clear local authorities. We are docked next to Oasis of the Seas. Saying this ship is 'huge' just doesn't get it.

9:55am

Cleared local authorities and a bazillion people are trying to get off at the same time!

Pictures of Oasis of the Seas as we pulled next to it and from shore:

d0727167-b647-c291.jpg

d0727167-b659-883c.jpg

d0727167-b670-bf78.jpg

d0727167-b684-545e.jpg

d0727167-b694-7061.jpg

d0727167-b6a9-5aa4.jpg

The gauntlet to get through the port side shops is nothing short of a disastrous maze. After what seemed like five minutes of fast walking I made it to the main street. I had already picked out a vantage point where I wanted to get pictures of the ships, walked there and back.

The security to get back onto the pier is was tight and they made me remove my belt before going through the metal detectors.

After dropping off my small purchase (shot glass, 3$) I headed up to the AquaSpa Cafe for lunch. Afterward grabbed some pictures of Cozumel from Deck 10 and some pictures of the Oasis of the Seas docked next to us:

d0727167-ca62-949f.jpg

d0727167-ca7a-c15c.jpg

Cozumel from the ship:

d0727167-ca9a-97c0.jpg

d0727167-cab8-feab.jpg

d0727167-cad0-6540.jpg

Wow, I knew Oasis was bigger than the M Class but that's a real reality check! We're going to be on Allure in September.

Thanks for your Live posting... it's really making me look forward to my cruise on Silhouette next month!

By 1pm I was pooped from doing nothing so I headed down to the cabin to recharge my electronics and relaxed in Cosmos (empty except me) and stared at the happy people down at Señor Frogs. Kicked my shoes off and listened to more pop slow-classics from the likes of the Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John from the by-gone days of my youth.

By 2pm waves of happy tourists were returning to the ships.

And today I'm going to take a quickie nap so I can try to see some of the shows tonight.

More later after dinner!

d0727167-e969-8af7.jpg

d0727167-e97b-6447.jpg

5pm

We had a local Mariachi band play Deck 10 poolside. It was actually a bit chilly topside as the sun disappeared below the horizon.

Not sure if that was my sun burn talking but I was cold! The band was quite good and the event well attended by passengers from both Celebrity Millennium and the Oasis of the Seas towering over our pool deck. The singer of the band did an excellent job of prancing around, wiggling his rear at female (and male) guests, sacheting, and being flamboyant. The crowd loved him!

Carnival Inspiration emerged shortly around 5:20pm from behind Oasis of the Seas and headed home. Oasis of the Seas sailed at 6pm despite CruiseTimeTables saying it was scheduled at 7pm. I was downstairs getting ready for dinner.

Carnival Elation backed out at 7pm and we departed last, still spinning around just off the Cozumel piers as the MDR conducted the top Chef introductions and the Baked Alaska Parade, to which the room erupted in loud cheers and waving table napkins. I had the sorbet every night for dessert, it has always been very good.

Tonight's dinner conversation deteriorated briefly to a political tirade by Obama haters and government conspiracy theorists. Very uncomfortable to say the least.

Now waiting to listen to a group called 'A Capella' (I hear they're very good) in the Cova Cafe before heading into the Celebrity Theater at 9pm to watch the 'iBroadway' show. It's received high marks from other reviews so I'll check it out, although these type of shows are not to my liking. We'll see.

We set out clocks AHEAD one hour tonight before retiring to put us back on Miami time.

Some pictures from this evening:

d0727167-372e-3433.jpg

d0727167-3740-13da.jpg

d0727167-3754-b11c.jpg

d0727167-3770-7fe6.jpg

d0727167-3785-05fe.jpg

Archived